John 10:30 – Jesus is The Son of God

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
No it doesn't, it means of two or three of his people are gathered together in the name of Jesus he will be there with them. And that is because they will have the holy spirit and they will be speaking the things of God.
You made that up. :colt45:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not a word about Him dying for our sins! Do you not think that is an integral part of the gospel?

I wonder how many adult Jews had never heard of Isaiah's prophecy: "Because He poured out His soul unto death and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I searched the Scriptures and I did not see the Lord Jesus preaching that.

Jesus was not the only teacher in Judea. Did you not know there were already synagogues before Jesus was born?

Did you not know the Law and the Prophets were taught long before Jesus was born?

marhig

Not a word about Him dying for our sins! Do you not think that is an integral part of the gospel?

I don't believe that Jesus died naturally on a cross to save anyone, it says in the scriptures that we are saved by his life, he was dead to his flesh and that's how saved us, being dead to his flesh but full of the holy spirit and alive in God, bringing us the word of God and those who believe are reconciled to God by that death but we are saved by his life, Jesus came as a living sacrifice! His death on the cross was a murder and even Jesus said that it was wrong before God to kill him! God foretold of his death in the scriptures and Jesus fulfilled the scriptures but that's not how we are saved. We are saved by the grace of God through faith!

And as I said, Jesus is my cornerstone, I'll believe him before anyone else, regardless of who they are. The crucifixion of Jesus Christ was a murder!

Paul in 1 Corinthians 2

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Peter in Acts 3

But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; And killed the Prince of life

Stephen in Acts 5

Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers

And Jesus

John 8

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God

And further down the chapter

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father

Jesus in John 7

Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Killing Jesus was a sin, it wasn't holy, it was a cruel and wicked act. Death doesn't save, life saves. Jesus lived to save us and we are saved by his life and by his life in our hearts through the holy spirit.

marhig

Sure it was, Jesus said it would be.
No it wasn't it is built on the revelation Peter received from God, that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. And the church is built upon this revelation. Christ is our rock and our cornerstone.

marhig

Did they know what they were doing?

Yes they did

John 18

Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death:

They had the law of Moses Thou shalt not kill.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No it wasn't it is built on the revelation Peter received from God, that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. And the church is built upon this revelation. Christ is our rock and our cornerstone.

Yes, the Holy Spirit laid the cornerstone, so was that it? Did the building stop there? Or was Jesus simply the cornerstone?

Wait, maybe I should back up ... do you know what a cornerstone is?

Let's let Paul define the term for us: "Having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord." (Ephesians 2:20-21)

Jerry Shugart

I don't believe that Jesus died naturally on a cross to save anyone, it says in the scriptures that we are saved by his life, he was dead to his flesh and that's how saved us, being dead to his flesh but full of the holy spirit and alive in God, bringing us the word of God and those who believe are reconciled to God by that death but we are saved by his life, Jesus came as a living sacrifice!

Evidently you know nothing about this:

"Since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through Him!" (Ro.5:9).​

The sentence upon sin is death: "For the wages of sin is death" (Ro. 6: 23). When a man sins he becomes spiritually dead. "Death" does not mean ceasing to exist, but instead means a "separation". Physical death is the separation of a man's soul from his physical body. Spiritual death is the separation of spirit of God from a man's soul.
That is why Paul refers to the law as the "ministration of death":

"...for the letter killeth...the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones"
(2 Cor.3:6-7).​

Therefore, when a man sins the sentence upon him is death. No amount of good deeds can bring him righteousness after he sins. If he is ever to be justified in the sight of God it must be by the penalty being paid. He must be justified by death, "justified by blood" (Ro. 5: 9).

Once a sinner believes the gospel, then, at that time, he is identified with the death of the Lord Jesus. And at the same time when the Holy Spirit baptizes him "into Jesus Christ" (the Body of Christ; 1 Cor.12:13,27) he is also baptized into the death of the Lord Jesus:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death"
(Ro. 6: 3-4).​

The sins of the Christian have already been judged on the Cross so now the Lord can declare him righteous despite the fact that personally he is not righteous:

"He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness"
(1 Pet.2:24).​

You prove over and over that you are just plain ignorant of the basic truths of Christianity. And the sad thing is the fact that you are never able to learn these basic truths.

Jerry Shugart

Of course Jesus was in the form of God, he was full of Gods holy spirit and he never sinned, he had the full power of the spirit,

Why did you just ignore what I said about that?

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So since the Lord Jesus was in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He appeared to the inhabitants of heaven.

And He couldn't appear that way to those inhabitants unless He is God.

Again, why did you not address that? And why did you not answer my question here?:

You failed to tell us why Thomas would call the Lord Jesus "God" if He is not God. Why would he do that?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes they did

OK, I guess Jesus did not realize that.

Luke 23:34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”

Maybe it foreordained before the foundation of the world, who knows?

marhig

Yes, the Holy Spirit laid the cornerstone, so was that it? Did the building stop there? Or was Jesus simply the cornerstone?

Wait, maybe I should back up ... do you know what a cornerstone is?

Let's let Paul define the term for us: "Having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord." (Ephesians 2:20-21)

I totally agree, and I wrote a post very like that the other day. My uncle is a builder and he said when they build a house that the cornerstone must be straight for the building to remain straight. And we go back to Christ who is our cornerstone he is the way to keep us straight.

And Gods people are the living stones, each one a part of Gods house. We are Gods temple, the prophets and apostles are the foundation and Christ is the cornerstone of us all.

marhig

OK, I guess Jesus did not realize that.

Luke 23:34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”

Maybe it foreordained before the foundation of the world, who knows?
Jesus forgiving them doesn't mean that they didn't know what they were doing. Yes they did. They just didn't realise that they were crucifying the Messiah. But they knew it was a sin before God to kill.

marhig

Evidently you know nothing about this:

"Since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through Him!" (Ro.5:9).​

The sentence upon sin is death: "For the wages of sin is death" (Ro. 6: 23). When a man sins he becomes spiritually dead. "Death" does not mean ceasing to exist, but instead means a "separation". Physical death is the separation of a man's soul from his physical body. Spiritual death is the separation of spirit of God from a man's soul.
That is why Paul refers to the law as the "ministration of death":

"...for the letter killeth...the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones"
(2 Cor.3:6-7).​

Therefore, when a man sins the sentence upon him is death. No amount of good deeds can bring him righteousness after he sins. If he is ever to be justified in the sight of God it must be by the penalty being paid. He must be justified by death, "justified by blood" (Ro. 5: 9).

Once a sinner believes the gospel, then, at that time, he is identified with the death of the Lord Jesus. And at the same time when the Holy Spirit baptizes him "into Jesus Christ" (the Body of Christ; 1 Cor.12:13,27) he is also baptized into the death of the Lord Jesus:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death"
(Ro. 6: 3-4).​

The sins of the Christian have already been judged on the Cross so now the Lord can declare him righteous despite the fact that personally he is not righteous:

"He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness"
(1 Pet.2:24).​

You prove over and over that you are just plain ignorant of the basic truths of Christianity. And the sad thing is the fact that you are never able to learn these basic truths.

The death that Paul is taking about is death to self. Dying to sin.

And the cross Jesus bore our sins on, is the same cross that we have to bare when we follow him.

marhig

Why did you just ignore what I said about that?

[]The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).[/]

So since the Lord Jesus was in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He appeared to the inhabitants of heaven.

And He couldn't appear that way to those inhabitants unless He is God.

Again, why did you not address that? And why did you not answer my question here?:

You failed to tell us why Thomas would call the Lord Jesus "God" if He is not God. Why would he do that?

I've answered you before jerry regarding Thomas, and you keep asking me again and again.

Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" [/I](Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

And Jesus did this he was in the express image of God. Why can't you see what I'm saying? We saw God through Jesus and Jesus was in his absolute express image!