John 10:30 – Jesus is The Son of God

marhig

Once again you are confused. The gospel of which you speak is spoken of here:

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover" (Mk.16:15-18).​

Have you had a good dose of a deadly thing lately? Of course these things of which the Lord speaks of here are not in effect during the present dispensation.

The gospel preached then is the "good news" that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And belief in that gospel resulted in salvation (Jn.20:31;1 Jn.5:1-5).

The "good news" which we are to preach today is centered on the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins. And belief in that gospel results in salvation (1 Cor.15:1-4).

One instance of "good news" (gospel) plus another instance of "good news" (gospel) adds up to two gospels.

Nowhere does Jesus say that there will ever be two gospels only one, there is one gospel and that's what Jesus preached and what Paul was a minister of. Do you understand what Jesus meant spiritually in those verses about the signs that follow those that believe?

marhig

You claim that there are TWO saviors; the Bible says that there is ONE. What more do I need to know?

The Bible also says that God is our savior and that Jesus Christ is our savior. But you cannot follow that to its logical conclusion.

You're a little slow.
  • You said that Jesus was our example.
  • Jesus was a minister of the circumcision. (Rom 15:8)
  • Should we be that too?

I've already told you. And I've explained what I believe. Insulting me only makes you look proud and condescending. I know I'm nothing, the only reason I can speak is because God gives me the strength to do so. And I'll speak to whoever God gives me the opportunity to speak to regardless of what they believe in.

Right Divider

Body part
I've already told you. And I've explained what I believe. Insulting me only makes you look proud and condescending.
I'm not attempting to insult you, just telling you that you are wrong.
People that are shown that they are wrong are often insulted by it and there is nothing I can do about that.

I know I'm nothing, the only reason I can speak is because God gives me the strength to do so. And I'll speak to whoever God gives me the opportunity to speak to regardless of what they believe in.
You've only proven that you cannot tell the different between TWO and ONE.

That you deny Jesus Christ His DEITY shows that you do not know who He is. That's your problem to deal with.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

As for Thomas, Jesus didn't say to Thomas that because he sees him he believes that he was God. Jesus was talking about Thomas believing that he lives. Thomas didn't have faith that Jesus was risen and that he was alive.

Let us look at this passage again:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed" (Jn.20:28-29).​

From what we read Thomas believed that the Lord Jesus is God because he saw the Lord in a resurrected body. However, it cannot be denied that the Lord's response was in regard to Thomas's words here: "my Lord and my God."

But according to you when the Lord Jesus told Thomas that he "believed" then it had nothing to do with what Thomas had just said to him:

Thomas said that he wouldn't believe that Jesus was alive unless he sees him with his own eyes, and when Thomas saw him and believed that he was alive, Jesus then said Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed*are*they that have not seen, and*yet have believed.

You would be right if Thomas said this to the Lord:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord you are alive!. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

But that is not what Thomas said.

Also, you failed to tell us why Thomas would call the Lord Jesus "God" if He is not God. Why would he do that?

John 17

As THOUhast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as THOU hast given him.*And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom THOU hast sent.

In order to understand what the Lord Jesus said here we must look at this passage:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).​

Here we see that the Lord Jesus was made in the likeness of men. In fact, He was made like us in every way (Heb.2:17). And every "man" has a God:

"The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all"
(Ps.103:19).​

The LORD is in total control over the universe which He created, so therefore He rules over it all and that includes all "men." And since the Lord Jesus was made like a man in all things that means that in His role as "Man" He has a God. That fact cannot be disputed!

When we consider Philippians 2:5-7 again we can see that before the Lord Jesus took on the form of man that He was in the form of God.

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So since the Lord Jesus was in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He appeared to the inhabitants of heaven.

And He couldn't appear that way to those inhabitants unless He is God.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Nowhere does Jesus say that there will ever be two gospels only one, there is one gospel and that's what Jesus preached...

According to your confusion we are supposed to believe that the Lord Jesus preached this gospel which Paul preached:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:1-4).​

Anyone in their right mind knows that is not the gospel which the Lord Jesus preached while he walked the earth!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I've already told you. And I've explained what I believe. Insulting me only makes you look proud and condescending. I know I'm nothing, the only reason I can speak is because God gives me the strength to do so. And I'll speak to whoever God gives me the opportunity to speak to regardless of what they believe in.

you go girl, amen.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
you go girl, amen.
The Lord said, " where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. " He was talking about Church, going to Church. He was talking about the Eucharist. This is what He meant when He said, " Take, eat; this is my body, " and, " Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. "

That's what He meant when He said, " where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. " He is the bread and the wine. That's why we go to Church. To be in His presence.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
People that are shown that they are wrong are often insulted by it and there is nothing I can do about that.

That you deny Jesus Christ His DEITY shows that you do not know who He is. That's your problem to deal with.

Good post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You don't understand what I mean, maybe you could ask God to show you, I hope that he does.

Also, we should speak to anyone and everyone, Jesus did. He spoke to Jews and gentiles. God gives us a mouth to speak and who are we to judge who we should and shouldn't speak to?

You sound like a Mormon I once knew. He said I should pray to God that He'd show me the truth and I'd receive a "Burning in my Bosom" if it were true.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Lord said, " where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. " He was talking about Church, going to Church. He was talking about the Eucharist. This is what He meant when He said, " Take, eat; this is my body, " and, " Drink ye all of it; 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. "

That's what He meant when He said, " where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. " He is the bread and the wine. That's why we go to Church. To be in His presence.

Meshak doesn't care too much about Church goers, Trinitarians, and The Apostle Paul. Meshak only trusts in Matthew through John and rejects the rest of the Bible.

marhig

I'm wrong in your opinion! There's one gospel and one God and he's the God of Jesus Christ as it says in the Bible!

marhig

Let us look at this passage again:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed" (Jn.20:28-29).​

From what we read Thomas believed that the Lord Jesus is God because he saw the Lord in a resurrected body. However, it cannot be denied that the Lord's response was in regard to Thomas's words here: "my Lord and my God."

But according to you when the Lord Jesus told Thomas that he "believed" then it had nothing to do with what Thomas had just said to him:

You would be right if Thomas said this to the Lord:

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord you are alive!. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

But that is not what Thomas said.

Also, you failed to tell us why Thomas would call the Lord Jesus "God" if He is not God. Why would he do that?

In order to understand what the Lord Jesus said here we must look at this passage:

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:5-7).​

Here we see that the Lord Jesus was made in the likeness of men. In fact, He was made like us in every way (Heb.2:17). And every "man" has a God:

"The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all"
(Ps.103:19).​

The LORD is in total control over the universe which He created, so therefore He rules over it all and that includes all "men." And since the Lord Jesus was made like a man in all things that means that in His role as "Man" He has a God. That fact cannot be disputed!

When we consider Philippians 2:5-7 again we can see that before the Lord Jesus took on the form of man that He was in the form of God.

The Greek word translated "form" means "the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision; the external appearance" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon).

So since the Lord Jesus was in the form of God then the verse is speaking about how He appeared to the inhabitants of heaven.

Of course Jesus was in the form of God, he was full of Gods holy spirit and he never sinned, he had the full power of the spirit, Jesus even said to God when he prayed to him that he has given him the power over all flesh, and Jesus received this power because he denied Satan! The more we deny Satan, and this world. The stronger in the spirit we become and it's only through Christ. It says in the Bible that Jesus was in the express image of God not that he was God.

And what Jesus says is the truth, he said that God is the only true God, and that he is his God. And that's all I need to know!

marhig

According to your confusion we are supposed to believe that the Lord Jesus preached this gospel which Paul preached:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:1-4).​

Anyone in their right mind knows that is not the gospel which the Lord Jesus preached while he walked the earth!

I'll believe Jesus before anyone, and Jesus said this

Mark 9

For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

marhig

No it doesn't, it means of two or three of his people are gathered together in the name of Jesus he will be there with them. And that is because they will have the holy spirit and they will be speaking the things of God.

Jerry Shugart

I'll believe Jesus before anyone, and Jesus said this

Mark 9

For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.

His disciples were already saved so what He was not preaching a gospel to them there. Besides, the disciples did not understand what he said there, as witnessed by the verse which follows.

marhig

You sound like a Mormon I once knew. He said I should pray to God that He'd show me the truth and I'd receive a "Burning in my Bosom" if it were true.

Do I? Well I'm not a morman, but maybe you should just do that, then hopefully you might realise that what Jesus preached is for everyone!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The "good news" which we are to preach today is centered on the fact that the Lord Jesus died for our sins. And belief in that gospel results in salvation (1 Cor.15:1-4).

Did Paul preach a different gospel than Peter on whom the NT church was built?

marhig

Meshak doesn't care too much about Church goers, Trinitarians, and The Apostle Paul. Meshak only trusts in Matthew through John and rejects the rest of the Bible.

A bit like you reject everything that Jesus and all his other apostles taught except for Paul?

And I'm sure she does care for others, if she's anything like me she just doesn't care for their false teachings!

Jerry Shugart

Of course Jesus was in the form of God, he was full of Gods holy spirit and he never sinned, he had the full power of the spirit,

Why did you just ignore what I said about that?

Again, why did you not address that? And why did you not answer my question here?:

You failed to tell us why Thomas would call the Lord Jesus "God" if He is not God. Why would he do that?

Last edited: