Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You just want to keep stirring the pot of discord. Nobody is saying that we can be saved by our own works. Why do you keep throwing that around? It's like beating a dead horse. And it's not even true!

Jesus is our Savior. Without him we are hopeless.

Why not give us your Testimony about how you came to Christ and KNOW that you have eternal life?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
First, stop with the personal insults and untruths about me.

Jesus makes the TWO groups ONE.

Who are the two groups?

The two groups are the Jews and the Gentiles.

What do the two groups signify?

The two groups signify exclusiveness.

To whom are given exclusiveness of CHRIST?

Those who believe and obey God.

GT, you're "The Queen of all Workers."

God's Truth

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world; for those who were alive at the time, those who lived and died before, and those who were yet to be born.

So then, how do you get Noah, Moses, and all the prophets and righteous people are not in him too?

God's Truth

It wasn't a personal insult.

It was a categorization.

I know you don't like to be pegged, but categories are real, such as modalism and replacement theology.

Indeed, He makes individuals from two groups one in His body!

Not 'the' Jews as a group nor 'the' gentiles as a group, but individual Jews and gentiles in one body when they believe the gospel of grace.

Not two groups becoming one, but individual Jews and gentiles becoming one in one body which is Christ.

Then there is still the group Israel which is blinded in part until the fullness of the nations/gentiles.

And there is still the group called the nations/gentiles.

Basically, Israel, the Church and the nations...three groups.

The Jews have the chance to be saved now. There is no more blinding on God's part.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

2 Corinthians 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.

Jesus made the two one.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

1 Corinthians 12:13
For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body--whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Ephesians 2:15
by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,

God's Truth

No. Jesus indicated that the heavens were striven for from the time of John the Baptist, not sooner.

"I tell you truly, no one has arisen among the sons of women who is greater than John the Baptist; and yet the least in the Realm of heaven is greater than he is. From the days of John the Baptist until now, they are pressing into the Realm of heaven---these eager souls are storming it! Till John, it was but prophesied, by all the prophets and the Law." (Matthew 11:11-13, Moffatt)

Did you notice---John the Baptist is lesser than someone going to heaven. He died before Jesus' sacrifice, and thus he will be resurrected back to the earth. And only from his days have men been reaching out for a place in heaven. So Moses would not be in heaven either, with the Bride of Christ, His body. Moses will be brought back to life on Earth.

We have spirits that live on after the death of our bodies.

When Jesus died on the cross, he went to preach the gospel to those in prison/Hell.

Abraham waited to see the days of Jesus' coming. Abraham saw it and was glad.

Those in heaven can see us. There was a cloud of witness during the laying of the foundation.

Danoh

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Yo, Stek, I was wondering how you reconcile that with Millennial sacrifices?

If you have and or hold to said understanding.

God's Truth

Yes, some here DO claim that one has to maintain their own works to be saved into the BOC, and to stay in the BOC.

It is not my works that I do, but rather, the works of God.

It is a work of God to be humble. Wow, obey that completely and feel the power life and Spirit.

It is a work of God to forgive all who have sinned against you. Just do that and feel the overwhelming power in that.

Why does that disqualify me? How is doing what Jesus says my work? Just because I do it with my flesh mind does not mean it is my works. Jesus tells us God's commands, and when one does it, it is God's works that I am doing, not mine.

God's Truth

Think about it, it is God's works that I am doing, not my own.

If a slave or employee does what their master, or boss says to do, is it their works or mine?

It is my work to do my Master's work.

Danoh

The Jews have the chance to be saved now. There is no more blinding on God's part.

Romans 11:23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

2 Corinthians 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away.

Jesus made the two one...

YOU are "putting the cart BEFORE the horse."

Romans 11:23 is referring to a point in time sometime AFTER Romans 11:25...

It is referring to this...

Leviticus 26:38 And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up. 26:39 And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them. 26:40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me; 26:41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity: 26:42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.

Leviticus 26:45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD. 26:46 These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

Notice...

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Has He "come out of Sion" - has He done that - has He returned...to blot out THEIR sins, yet?

Nope - He has to return first...

Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The Spirit throught Peter to ISRAEL, in Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

What is Acts 3:23 talking about?

Matthew 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Get some ears, GT...

Danoh

What "gifts and calling of God" is Paul referring to as being "without repentance," in Romans 11:29?

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Romans 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

KingdomRose

Why not give us your Testimony about how you came to Christ and KNOW that you have eternal life?

Sure. I know that if I were to die right now, I would wake up in a paradise Earth.....SAVED. I will continue to have this conviction for as long as I live.

How did I come to know Christ? Well, my parents always had me going to Sunday School in one church or another (Methodist, Baptist, fundamental/non-denominational/born-again) and I had a respect for the Bible. I always knew that Jesus was the Son of God, and I wanted to get to know him. I thought I knew everything there was to know, since I studied the Bible with the fundamentalists. My KJV was all underlined and marked up; I thought there was nothing more to learn. Somehow, though, I could tell that I was missing something. I saw such blatant hypocrisy in every church I went to. Underneath their surfaces the people inevitably betrayed a mean inner spirit, quite nasty in some, and the other kids were living double lives. I couldn't accept the possibility of Jesus being with those people.

When I met Jehovah's Witnesses, it wasn't long before I saw Jesus in a wonderful light. I could see how awesome he really was, and he became real to me. The more I read the Bible, the closer I get to him. He is more glorious than he was ever portrayed to be in all those churches I went to in my youth. And I was so impressed that there was actually a religion that placed THE FATHER above everything. I had never been shown Psalm 83:18 in my King James Bible! When I saw that I rejoiced. Now I had the Truth.

:backflip:

KingdomRose

We have spirits that live on after the death of our bodies.

When Jesus died on the cross, he went to preach the gospel to those in prison/Hell.

Those in heaven can see us. There was a cloud of witness during the laying of the foundation.

No we do not have conscious spirits that leave our bodies at death. You cannot find a single scripture that says that. The "spirit" that leaves a body at death (Ecclesiastes 12:7) is not the person in another form, but the power of God that kept that person alive. It is the LIFE FORCE of that person. When the person is dead, that force goes back to God in the sense that now the person isn't alive any more. And that power that kept him alive comes from the Source of that power---God.

The Scripture says, three chapters back in Ecclesiastes, that THE DEAD ARE CONSCIOUS OF NOTHING AT ALL. (Eccles.9:5)

Jesus didn't go to see any spirits in their prison (NOT "HELL") while he was dead. He went AFTER HIS RESURRECTION. And the spirits were not people who had died. They were the fallen angels that were in spiritual darkness after leaving heaven to marry human women. (Genesis 6:2; 2Peter 2:4,5; Jude 6)

You have been duped by your Bible teachers.

Yes, those in heaven can see us. But they are the ones who have been CHANGED, not spirits that left their bodies at death. (I Corinthians 15:42-52)

BTW, all of the ancient believers that Paul referred to as "so great a cloud of witnesses" were not in heaven. He was speaking of them as such so that we all could know simply that they had lived lives of faithfulness, and we can accept their examples as good ones, taking encouragement from the way they lived their lives.

Jesus clearly said that no one went to heaven before he returned there from Earth. Everyone up to and including John the Baptist will not be in heaven. (John 3:13) You need a lot more Bible study.

Danoh

Sure. I know that if I were to die right now, I would wake up in a paradise Earth.....SAVED. I will continue to have this conviction for as long as I live.

How did I come to know Christ? Well, my parents always had me going to Sunday School in one church or another (Methodist, Baptist, fundamental/non-denominational/born-again) and I had a respect for the Bible. I always knew that Jesus was the Son of God, and I wanted to get to know him. I thought I knew everything there was to know, since I studied the Bible with the fundamentalists. My KJV was all underlined and marked up; I thought there was nothing more to learn. Somehow, though, I could tell that I was missing something. I saw such blatant hypocrisy in every church I went to. Underneath their surfaces the people inevitably betrayed a mean inner spirit, quite nasty in some, and the other kids were living double lives. I couldn't accept the possibility of Jesus being with those people.

When I met Jehovah's Witnesses, it wasn't long before I saw Jesus in a wonderful light. I could see how awesome he really was, and he became real to me. The more I read the Bible, the closer I get to him. He is more glorious than he was ever portrayed to be in all those churches I went to in my youth. And I was so impressed that there was actually a religion that placed THE FATHER above everything. I had never been shown Psalm 83:18 in my King James Bible! When I saw that I rejoiced. Now I had the Truth.

:backflip:

So, you did NOT believe back then that Christ died for your sins like you said in a post to me?

What EXACTLY DID you believe about Christ and how one is saved before you met the JWs?

God's Truth

You would die then not knowing the Truth.

When I met Jehovah's Witnesses, it wasn't long before I saw Jesus in a wonderful light.
I first learned about what it means to be a wolf in sheep's clothing when met Jehovah Witnesses.

You have already shown me a little of that here when you went against me with you meanness.

I could see how awesome he really was, and he became real to me. The more I read the Bible, the closer I get to him.
God does NOT come close to people who read the Bible.

God comes close to people who obey the written Word of God.

6days

KingdomRose said:
. And I was so impressed that there was actually a religion that placed THE FATHER above everything. I had never been shown Psalm 83:18 in my King James Bible!
When I saw that I rejoiced. Now I had the Truth.
I hope they also showed you Rev. 19:16 in the King James Bible? (Without trying to explain it away)

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
And
Is. 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

I hope they showed you all the verses in the KJV...or any other major translation...... without trying to explain away what scripture tells us.

God's Truth

What "gifts and calling of God" is Paul referring to as being "without repentance," in Romans 11:29?

Try to learn about God without your preconceived nonsense taught to you by false teachers.

Paul preached the same repentance AS JOHN THE BAPTIZER.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Matthew 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.

Luke 3:8
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, 'We have Abraham as our father.' For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham.

God's Truth

YOU are "putting the cart BEFORE the horse."

Romans 11:23 is referring to a point in time sometime AFTER Romans 11:25...

It is referring to this...

Leviticus 26:38 And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up. 26:39 And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them. 26:40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me; 26:41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity: 26:42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.

Leviticus 26:45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD. 26:46 These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

Notice...

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Has He "come out of Sion" - has He done that - has He returned...to blot out THEIR sins, yet?

Nope - He has to return first...

Acts 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The Spirit throught Peter to ISRAEL, in Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

What is Acts 3:23 talking about?

Matthew 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 13:42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Get some ears, GT...

You are making Jesus' first coming of no affect to the Jews. There is nothing more important in our lives than the first coming. The second coming will be too late, for he will come as a thief in the night.

Just listen to what you emboldened!

It is about confessing SINS.

Jesus says when he comes again it will NOT BE TO BEAR SIN.

Don't you understand that?