Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Steko, I think that you would agree that faith in Jesus' blood has part to do with putting us in him? Would you agree?

Yes, 'Jesus' blood' signifying His finished work on the cross as payment for all of our sins, if that's what you mean by it.

God's Truth

So, this has nothing to do with the body of Christ after the first century?

Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

That scripture is about Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles REVEALING the WAY for the first time. It was the laying of the foundation.

God's Truth

Yes, 'Jesus' blood' signifying His finished work on the cross as payment for all of our sins, if that's what you mean by it.

Let us take this real slow.

So then, you agree that Jesus' blood has to do with putting people in him.

Can I get a confirmation for that from you?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
That scripture is about Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles REVEALING the WAY for the first time. It was the laying of the foundation.

Yes, the foundation for the body of Christ....not Israel.
And in the body, it's first Apostles, then Prophets.
It's not that way with the nation of Israel.
Israel began with the Patriarchs/fathers, more specifically with the man Jacob himself whose descendants became the twelve tribes, were multiplied in Egypt, then delivered by GOD at the leadership of Moses.
Israel is not the body of Christ.
Also, the prophets of Israel are not the prophets of the foundation of the body of Christ.

God's Truth

Are you kidding? You cannot disqualify people.

Jesus, by his body, made the two groups ONE.

Israel began with the Patriarchs/fathers, more specifically with the man Jacob himself whose descendants became the twelve tribes, were multiplied in Egypt, then delivered by GOD at the leadership of Moses.
Also, the prophets of Israel are not the prophets of the foundation of the body of Christ.

When Jesus shed his blood, what did he do? What happened? I know, but I want you to think of these things.

God's Truth

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Steko, did you read that?

How do YOU think Jesus, with his body he made the two groups one?

Now who do you think the two groups are?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Steko, did you read that?

How do YOU think Jesus, with his body he made the two groups one?

Now who do you think the two groups are?

It doesn't say that He makes the nation of Israel one with the nations in the body of Christ.
He makes Jew and Gentile one in the body of Christ, that body being a new entity, a new creation....one new man and remaining distinct from national Israel.

Your thinking is still Augustinian.

God's Truth

It doesn't say that He makes the nation of Israel one with the nations in the body of Christ.
He makes Jew and Gentile one in the body of Christ, that body being a new entity, a new creation....one new man and remaining distinct from national Israel.

First, stop with the personal insults and untruths about me.

Jesus makes the TWO groups ONE.

Who are the two groups?

The two groups are the Jews and the Gentiles.

What do the two groups signify?

The two groups signify exclusiveness.

To whom are given exclusiveness of CHRIST?

Those who believe and obey God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Correct!
:thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yeppers.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Let us take this real slow.

So then, you agree that Jesus' blood has to do with putting people in him.

Can I get a confirmation for that from you?

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
First, stop with the personal insults and untruths about me.

It wasn't a personal insult.

It was a categorization.

I know you don't like to be pegged, but categories are real, such as modalism and replacement theology.

Jesus makes the TWO groups ONE.

Indeed, He makes individuals from two groups one in His body!

Who are the two groups?

The two groups are the Jews and the Gentiles.

Not 'the' Jews as a group nor 'the' gentiles as a group, but individual Jews and gentiles in one body when they believe the gospel of grace.

What do the two groups signify?

The two groups signify exclusiveness.

To whom are given exclusiveness of CHRIST?

Those who believe and obey God.

Not two groups becoming one, but individual Jews and gentiles becoming one in one body which is Christ.

Then there is still the group Israel which is blinded in part until the fullness of the nations/gentiles.

And there is still the group called the nations/gentiles.

Basically, Israel, the Church and the nations...three groups.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It wasn't a personal insult.

It was a categorization.

I know you don't like to be pegged, but categories are real, such as modalism and replacement theology.

Indeed, He makes individuals from two groups one in His body!

Not 'the' Jews as a group nor 'the' gentiles as a group, but individual Jews and gentiles in one body when they believe the gospel of grace.

Not two groups becoming one, but individual Jews and gentiles becoming one in one body which is Christ.

Then there is still the group Israel which is blinded in part until the fullness of the nations/gentiles.

And there is still the group called the nations/gentiles.

Basically, Israel, the Church and the nations...three groups.
Yep.

KingdomRose

Next time post a link to the post in question.

And, I did mention you may have had it right BEFORE you "came in contact with the JWs."

Thus, I am not surprised at where you are coming from this side of their "doctrines of devils."

For I do care about where you were and where you ended up - you need to be told you have ended up severely off from where you may have started.

You went by "what makes sense to me."

Always an error - Gen. 3:6.

The best to you as to a quick recovery from the ranks of them that are "taken captive by him (the Devil) at his will" 2 Tim. 2:26.

Instead of your nasty invectives, why don't you discuss what I said? You made some remark indicating that to believe that a person has to keep doing something, that person can't be sure of his eternal salvation....and that's why I said what I said. But you don't bother with my direct reply to your statement. You have to chop me to pieces because of my association with "devils." I wouldn't call that a meaningful discussion.

KingdomRose

How could Jesus' word have been the center of Christianity when Jesus was a Jew and not a Christian? Jesus never even dreamed that Christianity would ever rise. If you had said that Paul's words are the center of Christianity, it would make much more sense.

Jesus had to have been a "Christian," because "Christ" simply means "Anointed One," and Yeshua said that he was anointed by YHWH, Isaiah 61:1,2 being applied to himself. "Christ" is equivalent to the Hebrew Mashi'ach, "Messiah." He was the fulfillment of all of the scriptures in the O.T. that pointed forward to the Messiah.

KingdomRose

If only folks would rely on the righteousness of Christ and stop relying on their own righteousness.

You just want to keep stirring the pot of discord. Nobody is saying that we can be saved by our own works. Why do you keep throwing that around? It's like beating a dead horse. And it's not even true!

Jesus is our Savior. Without him we are hopeless.

KingdomRose

Is Moses in the body of Christ?

No. Jesus indicated that the heavens were striven for from the time of John the Baptist, not sooner.

"I tell you truly, no one has arisen among the sons of women who is greater than John the Baptist; and yet the least in the Realm of heaven is greater than he is. From the days of John the Baptist until now, they are pressing into the Realm of heaven---these eager souls are storming it! Till John, it was but prophesied, by all the prophets and the Law." (Matthew 11:11-13, Moffatt)

Did you notice---John the Baptist is lesser than someone going to heaven. He died before Jesus' sacrifice, and thus he will be resurrected back to the earth. And only from his days have men been reaching out for a place in heaven. So Moses would not be in heaven either, with the Bride of Christ, His body. Moses will be brought back to life on Earth.