Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

God's Truth

He was neither. He was God's SON, and was born in this realm as a perfect, sinless man.

I see you haven't bothered to comment on the scriptures I posted in Post #1010.

You have a lot of nerve. Why don't you address the scriptures I gave about those saved already being seated with Jesus in heaven?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
JWs think they are the ONLY true church .
JWs deny the Trinity
JWs deny the physical resurrection of Christ
JWs deny the deity of Christ
JWs deny that salvation is by Grace through faith

God's Truth

It does not, and that is the most doltish, blockheaded idea that there ever was.
Sadly, you are being led by the blind, and I'm afraid you will end up in a ditch. You have no real spiritual understanding, but I pray that you will come to see your error and your gullibility. :idea:
You, God'sTruth, have delivered the most ludicrous ideas about Jesus and his Father that anyone could come
...:rotfl: up with! I will pray for you.

Did you read all your defense to your false beliefs?

Now you know why people tell women such as yourself to keep your mouth shut.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course they can. The Apostles went to the Gentiles after 3 1/2 years or so of preaching to the Jews. The Messiah was someone who would be a blessing to ALL nations, not just the Jews. (Genesis 22:18)

Romans 15:9-16 NASB - 9 and for the Gentiles to glorify God for His mercy; as it is written,"THEREFORE I WILL GIVE PRAISE TO YOU AMONG THE GENTILES,AND I WILL SING TO YOUR NAME." 10 Again he says,"REJOICE, O GENTILES, WITH HIS PEOPLE." 11 And again,"PRAISE THE LORD ALL YOU GENTILES,AND LET ALL THE PEOPLES PRAISE HIM." 12 Again Isaiah says,"THERE SHALL COME THE ROOT OF JESSE,AND HE WHO ARISES TO RULE OVER THE GENTILES,IN HIM SHALL THE GENTILES HOPE." 13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 14 And concerning you, my brethren, I myself also am convinced that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge and able also to admonish one another. 15 But I have written very boldly to you on some points so as to remind you again, because of the grace that was given me from God, 16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God, so that my offering of the Gentiles may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

See also verses about the Gentiles included in God's plan. Gentiles.

Danoh

I always understood that Jesus was the way we could attain everlasting life, as per John 3:16. JWs confirmed that understanding.

Thanks, KR.

What I am attempting to understand is what specifically you had previously believed about how one "gets saved" back before you "came in contact with the JWs."

You know, like "well, I believed that Christ died for my sins, and rose again for my justification" - what specifically did you believe before the JWs?

Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

Danoh

Both JWs and Mormons are cults. Pure and simple.

Members of any culture are members of a cult.

Members outside that culture are outside that culture - they are o-ccult.

Over time, men in their ignorance distorted the actual sense of those words.

A cult is basically a group who follow or subscribe to a particular culture's norms, standards, beliefs, etc.

O-ccult refers to those said to be in darkness to what the cult supposedly subscribes to, believes, knows, or is aware of.

This is neither negative nor positive.

Men have made it so.

Mark 4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

In that passage, who is speaking o-ccult or in dark speeches? The Lord.

But as I have noted. Men have twisted what words like culture, cult, o-ccult actually once referred to.

Acts 19:9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

Acts 19:23 And the same time there arose no small stir about that way.

Acts 24:22 And when Felix heard these things having more perfect knowledge of that way he deferred them, and said, When Lysias the chief captain shall come down, I will know the uttermost of your matter.

Acts 28:22 But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect we know that every where it is spoken against.

Danoh

Ok, so you know Jesus gave commission to His apostles.

IT sais: "go therefore make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you".

He gave this command before Paul joined.

You have been defending John W, and his followers. I know GM repeatedly says Jesus' word is just for Jews and he is one of John W followers..

According to Jesus, your teachings are fundamentaly and clearly false.

That I know of, JohnW has no followers.

I defend anyone who I believe is right on some point - including you, GT, and anyone else, when that is the case.

I am in fact, one of the few who does.

And you are blind if you do not see this has actually caused some on here to withdraw any response to my posts unless it is to respond to one of their "own" or some negative about my post.

Nevertheless, I defend hypocrites too - when they are right on some point.

Because I believe in fair play over being accepted by one club or another.

Personally, I like not belonging to any group. I always have.

It not only allows me the freedom to speak fairly to one and all, but also, in defense of who is right in some point.

It also allows me to see who each person really is.

Lastly, it keeps me in the company I prefer - "they hated Him without a cause" also.

Whether or not ANYONE agrees with you, including me - stand your ground alone, Meshak, until you are fully persuaded in your own mind otherwise, Rom. 14:5.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Who told me about the road to life? you ask. Have you ever read Matthew 7:13,14?

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are FEW who find it." (NASB)

Are you confused that it uses the word the "way"? I think anyone can see that it is the same as "road." (See the NIV, for example.)

We "have" eternal life, as long as we STAY on that road that leads to life.

This speaks about the gate which we must enter, you have not entered it, you are still on the broad path which leads to destruction. The gate shows there is a beginning to the Christian life. This is the new birth.

You have not been born again.

Christ is Himself the door of the sheep, you were baptised [because your mam told you, not because you believed] a Methodist, then you joined the Baptists.

None of these things equate to coming to Christ for next we see you playing with the devil in the occult.

When we come to Christ He washes away our sins, we are saved, we are made new creatures, we receive His life....this is the narrow gate which few find.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you had any reasoning ability or concern for other people's viewpoints, you would pay closer attention. I did speak of "encountering Christ," but you missed it, apparently. When I started a discussion with the JWs, I really encountered him, because he became even more real to me. Never before was he presented so lovingly and as such a warm, merciful, compassionate individual. He came alive in my mind and heart.

We are NOT the Kingdom of God. Those who are anointed to go to heaven are part of it---they are the ruling part of that Kingdom, which is a real GOVERNMENT. Jesus hasn't begun his Millennial Reign YET. He isn't reigning "within us." He's an actual person, standing at the right hand of God, in heaven. When the "rock" hits the feet of the image of Daniel chapter 2, Jesus will THEN destroy his enemies and rule the earth. Do you know anything about that image? You can look it up online by searching for "the immense image of Daniel chapter 2." www.jw.org also has info on that. Does the following sound like just something that is inside us?

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on his shoulders....There will be no end to the increase of his government or of peace." (Isaiah 9:6,7, NASB)

"In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed....It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms [of mankind], but it will itself endure forever." (Daniel 2:44, NASB)

"Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second deasth has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years." (Revelation 20:6, NASB)

Nay these are the teachings and surmisings of men, you can't tell the difference between man's thoughts and God's word?

Jesus said "abide in Me and I in you....the Father and I will come and take up our bode with you...the Holy Spirit will be with you and dwell in you"

If a man abide not in Me and I in him he is cast forth to wither.....

So does He not abide in you? your testimony is that He does not

Your testimony is you are not saved, you are not born again, Christ's life is not in you.

The kingdom of heaven does not come with signs to be observed [breaking of rocks etc] but it is within you.

He isn't reigning in YOU, He does reign in us for the church.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
That I know of, JohnW has no followers.

I defend anyone who I believe is right on some point - including you, GT, and anyone else, when that is the case.

I am in fact, one of the few who does.

And you are blind if you do not see this has actually caused some on here to withdraw any response to my posts unless it is to respond to one of their "own" or some negative about my post.

Nevertheless, I defend hypocrites too - when they are right on some point.

Because I believe in fair play over being accepted by one club or another.

Personally, I like not belonging to any group. I always have.

It not only allows me the freedom to speak fairly to one and all, but also, in defense of who is right in some point.

It also allows me to see who each person really is.

Lastly, it keeps me in the company I prefer - "they hated Him without a cause" also.

Whether or not ANYONE agrees with you, including me - stand your ground alone, Meshak, until you are fully persuaded in your own mind otherwise, Rom. 14:5.
You are not addressing anything I addressed.

It is obvious you believe John W and his followers are biblical.
You don't esteem Jesus' teachings are worthy of practicing because His word is for Jews to practice.

So, you are not biblical, either.

You are dismissing the fact Jesus gave His commission to His apostles, to teach all nations to obey His teachings.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
How do you know all that? You are the one that does not keep Jesus' commands. One simple command was this: "DO NOT JUDGE so that you will not be judged." (Matt.7:1, NASB) Christians are not to judge individuals. We cannot tell what is in their hearts.

You are extremely unpleasant, and I wouldn't listen to you for a minute if I was someone looking for the truth. Meshak is searching, and why should she listen to you? You are condemning and unkind.

Wrong again, you quote aright "judge not that ye be not judged, for with the measure ye mete so shall it be meted to you again"

If shackles did not come and judge she would not be judged, she is not searching she is the great teacher, she is just like YOU, not saved but can tell everyone else how to be saved.

Yes we can know your hearts for you tell us, and there is stuff you do not tell us which we know about...such as you believe we are the harlot church who God will destroy

You talk about judgement, passing judgement upon others. inwardly you hate the church.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That is not true. You are teaching lies. Jesus said that a person cannot see the Kingdom if he/she is not born again. That means---be a part of the ruling class, in heaven. Heaven is where the seat of Jesus' government will be. Those who are not born again are those who will live in the earthly part of the Kingdom arrangement. Wake up.

Wrong again the Jews will inherit the earth and Jesus was speaking to a ruler of the Jews and said "YE must be born again...where did you pick up that being born again means to be part of the ruling class in heaven?

Where is this teaching found? I mean apart from kingdom hall

Peter wrote "ye have been born again...like new born babies cry for the pure milk of God's word, so were these who were born again in heaven?

Paul does not use the term "new birth" he say "if any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things have passed away behold all things have become new" Paul speaks about the regeneration =New birth

If ANY MAN. but you are not born again, you have never been made a new creature.