Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

God's Truth

You must be right, then. I mean, there is no possible way anyone might successfully refute all the Scripture you have just cited proving your undestanding is sound.

In this, GT has a better chance of one day understanding the passages I just now cited. GT at least often comes back with a good portion of passages in her attempted defense of her view. There is actually some hope in some one like that. In that they are at least familiar with a great many passges.

I'm sorry, J, but your word, humble or not, is alone not going to cut it with this "Berean."

I don't know about you, but personally, I find it difficult to hold one who simply posts their own two cents, not even bothering to at least attempt to back it up with Scripture that the passages might then be mutually explored, I find someone like that a bit shallow.

The best to you in this odd approach of yours....

Would you like me to explain those scriptures to you?

God's Truth

I am not "born again." But I understand what Jesus meant by enduring to the end. And that applied to those who are "born again" as well as anyone else.

If you are not born again you are not saved.

Being born again happens when you confess and repent of your sins. Jesus washes away your sins...you are as a person with a new life, you are born again.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are not seeing the obvious....

There is this...

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

That was supposed to be Acts 3, after this...

Isaiah 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

This is Acts 3:25, 26 and Rom. 15:8-12....

60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

That is through Israel's RISE.

It was delayed...

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

But it was delayed only temporarily...

11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

In Acts 15, they conclude that God was now visiting the Gentiles directly, and not under the Law.

The reason for their debate about Gentiles and the Law was that this UNPROPHESIED interruption that God had planned threw them off.

For in the Prophesied order of things the Gentiles will be under the Law....

Zechariah 8:7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; 8:8 And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.

8:13 And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.

8:22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD. 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

In Acts 15 they agreed that what began in Matthew thru Early Acts was now on hold "til the fulness OF THE GENTILES be come in" Rom. 11:25.

With that, that Messianic assembly died out with them way back in the 1st Century, and now awaits a future day as to thar ENTIRE nation.

Why?

"For this is my covenant with them; when I shall take away their sins" Rom. 11:26.

Then, Rom. 15:8-12 begins.

This is why the JWs are WRONG. This is why the PENTECOSTALS are WRONG. This is why MESSIANIC JEWS are WRONG.

Why Meshak is WRONG. Why "God's Truth" is WRONG.

Why EVERYONE who is not MID-ACTS is WRONG.

It is a tough statement, I know.

But NO ONE has proven it otherwise TO THIS VERY DAY.

Steko KNOWS this TRUTH. STP KNOWS this TRUTH. heir KNOWS this TRUTH. Right Divider KNOWS this TRUTH. Nick M, John W, and a dozen or more others on here.

There ISN'T a question we cannot point to countless passages to in this.

Ask away. And then ACTUALLY follow this principle...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Why?

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Matthew 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: 7:29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

The best to you in this...

What is your point?

This thread is not about MAD doctrines.

All I hear about you MAD people talk about is obeying Jesus is not important in salvation.

This thread is counter point of your doctrines.

what do you have to say about the OP?

Danoh

What is your point?

This thread is not about MAD doctrines.

All I hear about you MAD people talk about is obeying Jesus is not important in salvation.

This thread is counter point of your doctrines.

what do you have to say about the OP?

The OP is about "Jesus' Word," is it not?

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The OP is about "Jesus' Word," is it not?

1 Corinthians 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

It is not Jesus' word.

that's what most of you get so wrong, dismissing what Jesus says.

You don't have to quote other to talk about Jesus.

Jesus taught directly about Him and His father and His teachings.

Jesus is the Teacher. He doss not need other's help to talk about His own teachings.

get real people.

Danoh

Would you like me to explain those scriptures to you?

:) now that is precious.

Okay, what was, and what became of, Israel's promise?

Lots of passages, please, as I am well aware you are one up to that challenge.

Passages that actually talk about that. Not "well, this is what I understand."

Lol, when I'm through with wiping the floor with you, I'm sure some one at my level like Nick or RD or heir or Steko might like a crack at ya.

I mean, might as well have some fun with these things; this place is far too serious for a little joy in the Holy Ghost to get in.

Agreed?

;)

Danoh

It is not Jesus' word.

that's what most of you get so wrong, dismissing what Jesus says.

You don't have to quote other to talk about Jesus.

Jesus taught directly about Him and His father and His teachings.

Jesus is the Teacher. He doss not need other's help to talk about His own teachings.

get real people.

Your new hat is as too tight as your old one - Jesus is NOT speaking DIRECTLY in Scripture - He is being QUOTED by Mattew, Mark, Luke, et al.

YOU get real o slow one.

God's Truth

You are not seeing the obvious....

There is this...

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

That was supposed to be Acts 3, after this...

Isaiah 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

This is Acts 3:25, 26 and Rom. 15:8-12....

60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

That is through Israel's RISE.

It was delayed...

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

But it was delayed only temporarily...

11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
A remnant was saved. Not all who are from Israel are Israel.

Romans 9:6 It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.
Romans 9:27 Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: "Though the number of the Israelites be like the sand by the sea, only the remnant will be saved.

The Jews have a chance to be saved just as everyone else.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
All Paul is doing here is explaining that God did not make it so that the Jews could not have salvation. God did not cut off a nationality of people forever.
In Acts 15, they conclude that God was now visiting the Gentiles directly, and not under the Law.

The reason for their debate about Gentiles and the Law was that this UNPROPHESIED interruption that God had planned threw them off.

For in the Prophesied order of things the Gentiles will be under the Law....

Zechariah 8:7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; 8:8 And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.

8:13 And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.

8:22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD. 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

In Acts 15 they agreed that what began in Matthew thru Early Acts was now on hold "til the fulness OF THE GENTILES be come in" Rom. 11:25.

With that, that Messianic assembly died out with them way back in the 1st Century, and now awaits a future day as to thar ENTIRE nation.
Is this after the resurrection, or before? I would like to help you understand more, but please answer the question.
Why?

"For this is my covenant with them; when I shall take away their sins" Rom. 11:26.

Then, Rom. 15:8-12 begins.

This is why the JWs are WRONG. This is why the PENTECOSTALS are WRONG. This is why MESSIANIC JEWS are WRONG.

Why Meshak is WRONG. Why "God's Truth" is WRONG.

Why EVERYONE who is not MID-ACTS is WRONG.

It is a tough statement, I know.

But NO ONE has proven it otherwise TO THIS VERY DAY.

Steko KNOWS this TRUTH. STP KNOWS this TRUTH. heir KNOWS this TRUTH. Right Divider KNOWS this TRUTH. Nick M, John W, and a dozen or more others on here.

There ISN'T a question we cannot point to countless passages to in this.

Ask away. And then ACTUALLY follow this principle...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Why?

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

Matthew 7:28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: 7:29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

The best to you in this...
I can explain the truth to you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Your new hat is as too tight as your old one - Jesus is NOT speaking DIRECTLY in Scripture - He is being QUOTED by Mattew, Mark, Luke, et al.

they wrote what Jesus said and did.

they quoted Jesus' own words.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Danoe,

so you don't have a point to say about the OP.

I asked you before but I did not get answer from you.

I will ask you again.

do you know Jesus gave commission to His apostles?

Danoh

Danoe,

so you don't have a point to say about the OP.

I asked you before but I did not get answer from you.

I will ask you again.

Read my above long winded post; I answered that there before you even thought to ask.

Danoh

Your posts ate too wordy.

I asked you simple question.

Do you know Jesus often answered questions with questions?

"I'm following Jesus" - so here is a question as my answer - according to Galatians 2, after being informed by Paul about a change in things; what did James, Cephas, and John decide about the commission the Lord gave the Twelve?

God's Truth

No, nope, and nah.

And if you want to go toe to toe at our level, you'll need at least a dozen passages or so per answer; not your two cents.

And passages that actually say what you are asserting.

Your mere denial is nothing.

Jesus is the promise. The Holy Spirit is the promise. The promises have been fulfilled.