Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

yes, amen.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
divorce
Matt 5:31-32
31 “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

turbosixx

Jesus' teachings and commands are in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

I would suggest to you that Jesus’ words are the entire NT and not just in the gospels. Consider these passages.

Jesus talking to the 12:
John 16:12 "I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

An example of the Holy Spirit telling Peter what to say:
Acts 4:8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers and elders of the people,

Paul tells us he heard the gospel from Jesus himself:
Gal. 1:11 For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Jesus' teachings and commands are in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

He explains His teachings perfectly in His Word. If you are sincerely seeking to know His word, you should not be asking about it in the forums. I urge you to learn from Him directly. He is the perfect teacher of His salvation and His teachings.

Those books are short books and repeat many of the same things.

His word is not spread much to the world and to many churches. That's why I am doing this.

If we read or know what is written in those books, there is not going to be much chaos in Christian community.

It is so bad, and will be worse and worse as time comes near to the end because we disregard His Word.

I you want to be in Jesus' side or inherit God's kingdom, you need to know what He teaches and take heed what He says, and put into practice.

blessings.
You'd have made a good Jew.

Zeke

Kind of a oxymoron when Luke 17:20-21 is pondered with the instructions in Matthew 23 Nick, Galatians 4:23-28 sheds the right intent as to "where" this is to be applied Galatians 1:12.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I would suggest to you that Jesus’ words are the entire NT and not just in the gospels.

Jesus word is simple and clear. Everyone else is just harmonizing with Jesus' word. He is the Basic, center.

If you understand Jesus' word, you should not have any problem what the rest of the books say.

We should be reading the Bible according to what Jesus says, not the other way around.

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course, His apostles were all Jews. But majority did not accept Him.
If you are talking about the early church, it was mostly or entirely made up of Jews. I have said before that the early church was entirely Jewish. I am meaning before Gentiles became a part of the church. Then there is the question of when the church began.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If you are talking about the early church, it was mostly or entirely made up of Jews. I have said before that the early church was entirely Jewish. I am meaning before Gentiles became a part of the church. Then there is the question of when the church began.

Gentiles was included in early churches.

Why do you think Jesus said "go therefor make disciples of all nations... "?

It is not so hard to understand what Jesus says here.

turbosixx

Jesus word is simple and clear. Everyone else is just harmonizing with Jesus' word. He is the Basic, center.

If you understand Jesus' word, you should not have any problem what the rest of the books say.

We should be reading the Bible according to what Jesus says, not the other way around.

Yes, absolutely Jesus is the foundation but what Jesus spoke while on the earth is not all he had to say. That’s why he tells the apostles “I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now”. Who does he say is going to tell them the “many more things”? Jn. 16:13

His DBR was going to change everything and he couldn’t implement the change until after his DBR. How much did he say after his DBR, not much but the Holy Spirit did it for him in proclaiming the gospel through the apostles.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Gentiles was included in early churches.

Why do you think Jesus said "go therefor make disciples of all nations... "?

It is not so hard to understand what Jesus says here.
I have no reason to object to Gentiles among the churches. The gospel was to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 1:16 NASB - 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

The word Gentiles means nations as I understand it. It is the nations other than Israel. Often people just say a Gentile or the Gentiles are non-Jews.

The gospel was for the Jew first. But it was not to stay with the Jews only, and it did not stay with Jews only. Gentiles also believed.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have no reason to object to Gentiles among the churches. The gospel was to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

No one is objecting it.

The word Gentiles means nations as I understand it. It is the nations other than Israel. Often people just say a Gentile or the Gentiles are non-Jews.

Of course.

The gospel was for the Jew first. But it was not to stay with the Jews only, and it did not stay with Jews only. Gentiles also believed.
No one is objecting it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, absolutely Jesus is the foundation but what Jesus spoke while on the earth is not all he had to say. That’s why he tells the apostles “I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now”. Who does he say is going to tell them the “many more things”? Jn. 16:13

His DBR was going to change everything and he couldn’t implement the change until after his DBR. How much did he say after his DBR, not much but the Holy Spirit did it for him in proclaiming the gospel through the apostles.

I don't believe Jesus left anything to teach to His 12 apostles. He waited the last minute to teach everything they had to know because they did not understand at the beginning.