Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You sure do speak against obeying God! You keep telling me that we only have to believe!

You are the one who asks me if I obey. You are the one who keeps bringing up my obedience.

Just listen to you. You speak about the hypocrite Meshak when you speak to me. You cannot find a sin that I have done, so you speak about hers.

I do not need to see if I have stepped in dog shine, my nose tells me.

My nose tells me you are in trouble with sin and disobedience, that is what you speak about and we always speak about our own condition

People as have heart trouble always speak about that
people as have cancer always speak about that

You are always speaking about sin and disobedience to the law.

God's Truth

I do not need to see if I have stepped in dog shine, my nose tells me.

My nose tells me you are in trouble with sin and disobedience, that is what you speak about and we always speak about our own condition

People as have heart trouble always speak about that
people as have cancer always speak about that

You are always speaking about sin and disobedience to the law.

I speak about obeying. You speak against it. Wisdom proves you wrong.

Cruciform

Though not quite as useless as your answer.
Feel free, then, to rationally disprove my answer.

Something is beyond your ability? Say it isn't so!
Empty rhetoric. Try again.

Here you are back trying to force an argument as evidence. That doesn't work in theory or practice.
Already answered.

Sorry for your failure as an apologist.
More rhetoric. Try again.

Bald assertion. Try MUCH harder next time.
Already answered.

All you're able to offer is sarcastic rhetoric. Come back if you ever manage to put together an actual argument.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
John 1:1 is exceptionally clear (all of John is) despite ridiculous statements contrary. The literary form John uses of John 1 syncs with Genesis 1 so that anyone but an academic slouch understands the triune truth: "In the Beginning God created..." - "In the beginning God was with and was God, created..." John uses simple language: "...was with God and was God..." Nobody but the inept could miss this simplicity or try to make it otherwise. ▲This▲ part of the sentence shuts down every pretense. Either you did well in English Language Arts or you were a flunky. Those who did well are all trinitarians. Guess who the rest are? Guess why?
It is quite clear to me, you don't understand the sentence, and the god was a word. What word is the word of God? It is his name.

While I agree taking a course in Greek is helpful. There are many things which are taught as fact which aren't, like how as if the article is definitive in Greek but really isn't. How as if adjectives are not really nouns. How as if participles are like English participles, of which they could never ever be. Lon, I believe you learned nothing from your Greek courses.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
It's still a mystery to you, is it? :nono:

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the [secret] of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of [messengers], preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, [taken] up into glory.​
It is no mystery that only in the first sentence is Jesus sort of mentioned. :nono:

Krsto

Hey Lon, as one who got good enough grades in English to teach it in college, maybe I can say you need to study the Greek a little closer for Jn. 1:1.

You can start by reading this and this, in that order.

Christ's Word

You first:

1) Did you get A's in English-Language Arts? Yes or no?

2) Can you read Greek or understand basic English to get in John 1:1 that the Word is both "...with and was..." God???

3) If you can possibly understand this, do you understand why your questions are meaningless, then, to me? They don't make sense if you (I) understand John 1:1 :nono:

I only used three▲ "...with and was..." ▲
It is very clear and plain. What were your Language grades again?

(you are still on my ignore as are most arians and unitarians. I will occassionally respond for fairness as I posted in one of your threads)

No logical person would be surprised that a coward like you would refuse to answer 3 simple questions. Yet Christ taught openly in the temple and withheld nothing. You need to get off your denominational norm bus to hell, and become a disciple of Christ, a disciple of truth and logic.

genuineoriginal

But the gospels are clear that this is exactly what the holy spirit is. It is God the father doing miracles.
What is clear is that you are rejecting the plain textual reading of the verses.

Luke 11:13
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?​

Feel free, then, to rationally disprove my answer.
Feel free to shift the burden of proof at your convenience.

Already answered.
Actually, no, you haven't answered anything. All you have done is avoid any discussion or provide even one piece of evidence that Jesus is "god."

Already answered.
Actually, no, see above.

All you're able to offer is sarcastic rhetoric. Come back if you ever manage to put together an actual argument.
The existence of "god" be that Jesus or not is not an argument. Either Jesus is "god" or he isn't. No amount of "argument" will prove that absent evidence.

Christ's Word

Now that the poll has caught most of the regulars, it is pretty obvious which group is going to have to use the wide gate Jesus talked about.

No one is qualified to teach God. Yet Jesus said he was taught and will be taught in the future.

No one is qualified to anoint God, yet Jesus was anointed.

No one can give God power and authority, God is the originator of power and authority, yet Jesus tells us who gave him his power and authority.

It is past time for all of the trins to poke their heads out of the rabbit hole and start paying attention to Christ's words.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
(((( FINALLY!!!! ---- Someone Got that Part on the Christian RIGHT!!!! ))))!!!!

Come On, all of you, ( Prove Him Wrong ) on that point!!!!

You Can't. -- You won't even TRY!!!!

Paul, David -- 082714

Try the Shema;

Deuteronomy 6:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Stop trying to make yourself God.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
What is clear is that you are rejecting the plain textual reading of the verses.

Luke 11:13
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?​

What does conceived by power of the Holy Spirit mean? You seem to deny the personhood of holy spirit as God the father.

Letsargue

Try the Shema;

Deuteronomy 6:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Stop trying to make yourself God.

You would Do Well to READ The Rest of the BOOK!!!!
That's What GOD SAYS!!! ((((( "YE Are GODS" )))))!!! -- Is that False Gods??????? - NO, - Gods of THE - God; We are the ONE and Only one God Made of US!! - Just read IT!!!!
You just admited that You are NOT IN The Body of CHRIST!!!! (( I Agree ))!!!!

The ((( Christians make up the BODY of GOD / Christ ))), and (( He IS US )), who WE ARE!!! -- (( NOT YOU!!!! )) - NOOO!!! - JUST The Christians who Believe ALL God Says, Not Just the STUFF ( YOU ) want to use to support your False Doctrines!!!

Try the rest of the Book to prove Your Point. --- But NOOOO!!!! you have to just "SPIT" Your dung like that other FOOL!!!!

Paul, David 082714

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually he says Ye are gods (small letters) May be good for you to read it in its context remembering;

Exodus 20:3 King James Version (KJV)

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.