John 10:34-35

II Corinthians 4:4 god of this world is Satan

I John 3:1-2

Romans 8:14-17

We are sons of God, God has human sons.

God knows how to do this

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Genesis 1:26 KJV And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Yes, Jesus Christ is God - also known as The Word, The Son of God, and other holy names. He is One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is also the Creator:

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

AMEN!

Lon

John 1:1 is exceptionally clear (all of John is) despite ridiculous statements contrary. The literary form John uses of John 1 syncs with Genesis 1 so that anyone but an academic slouch understands the triune truth: "In the Beginning God created..." - "In the beginning God was with and was God, created..." John uses simple language: "...was with God and was God..." Nobody but the inept could miss this simplicity or try to make it otherwise. ▲This▲ part of the sentence shuts down every pretense. Either you did well in English Language Arts or you were a flunky. Those who did well are all trinitarians. Guess who the rest are? Guess why?

Take a second language course. This clarity is not that hard, or stay ignorant. I have most arians on ignore because they too arrogant in their C-minus and C-plus language arts grades. I'll take A's and A-'s ftw every day of the week, the same as taking a Calculus student over a general math student every day of the week.

Acts 4:13 was about Peter and John, (the guy who wrote that Jesus was God...) not a promise to arians and school dropouts that they didn't have to study. It is not a name it claim it passage for intellectual slobs.

Acts 17:11 praises the Bereans as MORE noble than those lazy
Thessalonican slobs! verse 13 says those Thessalonican slobs went about the internet....<cough>.....I mean following the Bereans and stirring up trouble. :think: Seems familiar.

Not sure which quote speaks most to this tragedy so I post all three:

"They never will learn. No, you can't teach a Sneetch." - Sylvester McMonkey McBean, the Fix-It-Up Chappie

"Life is hard. It is even harder for stupid people." -John Wayne

"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

:wave:

Christ's Word

John 1:1 is exceptionally clear (all of John is) despite ridiculous statements contrary. The literary form John uses of John 1 syncs with Genesis 1 so that anyone but an academic slouch understands the triune truth: "In the Beginning God created..." - "In the beginning God was with and was God, created..." John uses simple language: "...was with God and was God..." Nobody but the inept could miss this simplicity or try to make it otherwise. ▲This▲ part of the sentence shuts down every pretense. Either you did well in English Language Arts or you were a flunky. Those who did well are all trinitarians. Guess who the rest are? Guess why?

Take a second language course. This clarity is not that hard, or stay ignorant. I have most arians on ignore because they too arrogant in their C-minus and C-plus language arts grades. I'll take A's and A-'s ftw every day of the week, the same as taking a Calculus student over a general math student every day of the week.

Acts 4:13 was about Peter and John, (the guy who wrote that Jesus was God...) not a promise to arians and school dropouts that they didn't have to study. It is not a name it claim it passage for intellectual slobs.

Thessalonican slobs! verse 13 says those Thessalonican slobs went about the internet....<cough>.....I mean following the Bereans and stirring up trouble. :think: Seems familiar.

"They never will learn. No, you can't teach a Sneetch." - Sylvester McMonkey McBean, the Fix-It-Up Chappie

Lon - I can't help but wonder how hard life is for you...... Please answer these three questions......

1. Who in the totality of all things is qualified to give God authority or power? Name this entity?

2. Who is qualified to teach God? Name this entity?

3. Who is qualified to anoint God? Name this entity?

Bonus Questions - Who is so strong that they can kill God?

Do you personally believe you have to continue with what Christ taught to be a disciple of Christ?

I will bet that Oatmeal knows the answers to these questions, and they will be harder for you....... 5 words or fewer will correctly answer all these questions.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God is a title, not a species.

Exodus 7:1 KJV

John 10:34-35

II Corinthians 4:4 god of this world is Satan

I John 3:1-2

Romans 8:14-17

We are sons of God, God has human sons.

God knows how to do this
You are no son unless Christ has imparted to you His divine life...be sure of that.

This is why understanding so far as the scripture goes eludes you.

oatmeal

Do you have a computer?

Is your computer with you?

Is your computer you?

The word "with" does not mean "is"

Please check your dictionary, it is a very useful tool to learn the meanings of words

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God is a title...who speaks like that? man is a title, Father and Son are titles.

splain to me how a son differs in nature and attributes from a father

oatmeal

You are no son unless Christ has imparted to you His divine life...be sure of that.

This is why understanding so far as the scripture goes eludes you.

You really do not know much about me do you?

I John 3:1-2 I am a son of God now.

I did Romans 10:9-10

I manifest the gift of holy spirit that God gave of himself to me.

I John 4:13

Shame you determine salvation and sonship by your skewed theology instead of the word of God

genuineoriginal

Nonsense, since the early Church Fathers testified in their voluminous writings concerning the doctrines that they received from the apostles themselves, and from the apostles' immediate successors, the bishops.
It is pretty obvious to anyone that searches for the truth that the early Church Fathers strayed from the doctrines that were taught by the apostles themselves.
The apostles themselves said it was happening while they were writing their letters, so it is no wonder that false doctrines entered in during the time of their immediate successors.

Lon

Lon - I can't help but wonder how hard life is for you...... Please answer these three questions......

You first:

1) Did you get A's in English-Language Arts? Yes or no?

2) Can you read Greek or understand basic English to get in John 1:1 that the Word is both "...with and was..." God???

3) If you can possibly understand this, do you understand why your questions are meaningless, then, to me? They don't make sense if you (I) understand John 1:1 :nono:

I will bet that Oatmeal knows the answers to these questions, and they will be harder for you....... 5 words or fewer will correctly answer all these questions.
I only used three▲ "...with and was..." ▲
It is very clear and plain. What were your Language grades again?

(you are still on my ignore as are most arians and unitarians. I will occassionally respond for fairness as I posted in one of your threads)

Lon

Do you have a computer?
Is your computer with you?

Is your computer you?
:sigh:

The word "with" does not mean "is"
Which is why John says both: "with AND was" (state of being - is/was).

Please check your dictionary, it is a very useful tool to learn the meanings of words
:sigh: Condescension when it is you missing the point is just sad :(

We are talking about a verse, one that cannot be rewritten by a dictionary to obfuscate and/or suit your whims. The verse, John 1:1, says 'with and was' (both) verbatim. :(

(sorry, you too are on ignore, and for stuff similar as this above, but I will occassionally look when I post in your thread as it seems fair to do so once or twice after posting)

JosephR

Jesus is God

:nono: Nice try but this is Greek and it says Kurios (Lord) and Theos(God). El Gabor is Hebrew and OT. You folks need to listen to people who actually know this stuff.

He was quoting Isaiah, and I would like more info on what St Thomas spoke , Hellenistic Greek or Aramaic?

I do go to Hebrew a lot because when they quote the prophets that's what the prophets spoke and wrote in.

Side note, I don't think it heretical to seek truth and to not claim to know the technicalities of the Godhead. For the heretic poll AMR :)

Posted from the TOL App!

Lon

He was quoting Isaiah
??? Are you guessing? Try not to believe everything a commentary tells you. John carefully laid out for us what Thomas said: John 20:25b
But he said to them, "Unless I see in his hands the mark of the nails, and place my finger into the mark of the nails, and place my hand into his side, I will never believe."

Try not to go beyond the text when such isn't warranted.

and I would like more info on what St Thomas spoke , Hellenistic Greek or Aramaic?
John wrote what he said in Greek. You or I cannot undo scripture, it is given to us in Greek here.

I do go to Hebrew a lot because when they quote the prophets that's what the prophets spoke and wrote in.
For the most part, when you read the OT quotes, it will be from the Septuagint (Greek translation) of the OT *(a few exceptions to that rule - but not here in John 20).

Attn: AMR
Side note, I don't think it heretical to seek truth and to not claim to know the technicalities of the Godhead. For the heretic poll AMR :)

"No true atheist, no true New Ager, no true Unitarian, no true Democrat, no true conservative, no true Beatles fan---whatever. Useless.
Though not quite as useless as your answer.

As already observed, there simply IS no evidence that is inherently "unambiguous" in the sense you're employing here.
Something is beyond your ability? Say it isn't so!

Inductive lines of reasoning simply do not possess such certainty as you demand (and nor do the vast majority of things you claim to "know").
:chuckle: Here you are back trying to force an argument as evidence. That doesn't work in theory or practice.

Sorry for your confusion.
Sorry for your failure as an apologist.

Bare rhetoric. Try again.
Bald assertion. Try MUCH harder next time.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You really do not know much about me do you?

I John 3:1-2 I am a son of God now.

I did Romans 10:9-10

I manifest the gift of holy spirit that God gave of himself to me.

I John 4:13

Shame you determine salvation and sonship by your skewed theology instead of the word of God

If you knew Christ you would certainly know He is God, it is just impossible to have His life and not know it is divine life.....If you knew the Holy Spirit.....

God's Truth

If you knew Christ you would certainly know He is God, it is just impossible to have His life and not know it is divine life.....If you knew the Holy Spirit.....

It is a shame that you say you know Jesus and the Holy Spirit, yet you speak against obeying Jesus.

God does not even know you unless you love God by obeying God.

Would you like scripture?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is a shame that you say you know Jesus and the Holy Spirit, yet you speak against obeying Jesus.

God does not even know you unless you love God by obeying God.

Would you like scripture?

I don't speak against obeying God, I get on with that. The fact that you/meshackles pound on and on about it is your own guilty consciences howling...you are actually advertising your disobedience.

meshackles even started a thread slamming "mainstreamers" for laxity about divorce when she had chucked her old man out and grabbed the family home. It is a howling conscience.

God's Truth

I don't speak against obeying God, I get on with that.
You sure do speak against obeying God! You keep telling me that we only have to believe!

The fact that you/meshackles pound on and on about it is your own guilty consciences howling...you are actually advertising your disobedience.
You are the one who asks me if I obey. You are the one who keeps bringing up my obedience.

meshackles even started a thread slamming "mainstreamers" for laxity about divorce when she had chucked her old man out and grabbed the family home. It is a howling conscience.

Just listen to you. You speak about the hypocrite Meshak when you speak to me. You cannot find a sin that I have done, so you speak about hers.