Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters
All Christians hold to the central doctrine of the Christian faith. This is true by very definition. Those who, like yourself, are not Christians obviously do not.
No True Scotsman it is then.

It isn't my responsibility to "succeed" at convincing you, but rather your responsibility to allow yourself to be convinced by divine truth.
:rotfl:

That's funny.

Now post the definition of "unambiguous" that you're working with here.
Without any doubt.

Have you personally taken survey's and had people fill out questionnaires? Where do you get your information?
Someone did an unscientific poll in this very thread. So far 10/36 (27.8%) of those responding don't believe Jesus is "god."

A scientific poll was taken and reported here showing that 32% of Americans DON'T believe Jesus is "god."

Krsto

Matthew 9:4-8
4 And Jesus knowing their thoughts said, Wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?
5 For whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and walk?
6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.
7 And he arose, and departed to his house.
8 But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.​

Is there any reason you believe that God can not or would not give the power to forgive sins to men?

Man, I forgot about that one, and I can't give you any pos rep until I spread the love some more!

Krsto

Well, what we have here, is a nest of "Non-Trinatarians" Combined
with some folks that don't seem to believe in the deity of Christ!

You do realize, we'll never have a meeting of the minds on this
subject, correct?

So you're admitting you have nothing to learn. How sad.

Krsto

The Trinity is the central doctrine of the Christian faith. Given, however, that you are "Other," it's no surprise that you fail to accept it.

The "central doctrine of the Christian faith", which was developed long after Christ and his apostles, the founders of the Christian church, were preaching the Gospel.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. :sarcasm:

If it's so central, why didn't Jesus and his apostles just come out and say, "God is a trinity"?

Krsto

Geuineoriginal thinks he uses his mind? However, in all actuality,
it's all hot air plus a healthy dose of egomania! No offence!

Oh please, when are you going to get off your self-righteous ad hominem and actually deal with the subject matter? Are you not able to defend your belief? Is this all you can do now, act like a child and avoid any real discussion?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oh please, when are you going to get off your self-righteous ad hominem and actually deal with the subject matter? Are you not able to defend your belief? Is this all you can do now, act like a child and avoid any real discussion?

Mind your own business! It's not; "Mind MY own business!" Get it?

Pierac

So, are you saying that Christ was a "mere man?"

YES... this is what Scripture teaches....

Joh 8:40 "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam (Jesus) was made a quickening spirit. (At the resurrection!) [Point being Jesus was made just like the first Adam]

Even the Centurion understood Jesus... Luke 7:8 "For I also am a man placed under authority, ...... I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Matthew 4:1
"Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil."

James 1:13
"For God cannot be tempted by evil." :readthis:

Jesus is tempted, yet James clearly says that God cannot be tempted. So is James a liar, or are your man made creeds in error? :think:

Pay Attention...

Matthew 4:8-11
"Then the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence, and he said to him, All these I will give to you if you will prostrate yourself and worship me." At this Jesus said to him, "Get away Satan! It is written: The Lord, your God, shall you worship and Him alone shall you serve."

Why would the devil offer God things that are already His? Psalm 24:1 says:
"The earth is the LORD's and all it holds, the world and those who live there."

Even harder to believe is the idea that the devil really expected God to worship him so that he could give God what is His already. This is ridiculous. Then Jesus replies by saying, "The Lord, your God, shall you worship and Him alone shall you serve." Can you honestly read this and believe that Jesus is talking about himself?

The temptation episode is written to show us how Jesus put his faith in God in front of everything, especially the desires of the flesh (i.e. hunger, power). It shows us that it is possible to live a life in perfect accordance to God’s will. He is our role model. This is why he was made just like us. The Bible says that he was made like us in every way.

Hebrews 2:17 says:
"For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God."

Jesus was made like you in every way... and you my friend are not fully God and fully man! Yet you can be in service to God like Jesus!

Act 3:13 "The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus,... :readthis:

On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit."
The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on you as you sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that you could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Krsto

Joh 8:40 "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam (Jesus) was made a quickening spirit. (At the resurrection!) [Point being Jesus was made just like the first Adam]

Even the Centurion understood Jesus... Luke 7:8 "For I also am a man placed under authority, ...... I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Matthew 4:1
"Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil."

James 1:13
"For God cannot be tempted by evil." :readthis:

Jesus is tempted, yet James clearly says that God cannot be tempted. So is James a liar, or are your man made creeds in error? :think:

Pay Attention...

Matthew 4:8-11
"Then the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in their magnificence, and he said to him, All these I will give to you if you will prostrate yourself and worship me." At this Jesus said to him, "Get away Satan! It is written: The Lord, your God, shall you worship and Him alone shall you serve."

Why would the devil offer God things that are already His? Psalm 24:1 says:
"The earth is the LORD's and all it holds, the world and those who live there."

Even harder to believe is the idea that the devil really expected God to worship him so that he could give God what is His already. This is ridiculous. Then Jesus replies by saying, "The Lord, your God, shall you worship and Him alone shall you serve." Can you honestly read this and believe that Jesus is talking about himself?

The temptation episode is written to show us how Jesus put his faith in God in front of everything, especially the desires of the flesh (i.e. hunger, power). It shows us that it is possible to live a life in perfect accordance to God’s will. He is our role model. This is why he was made just like us. The Bible says that he was made like us in every way.

Hebrews 2:17 says:
"For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God."

Jesus was made like you in every way... and you my friend are not fully God and fully man! Yet you can be in service to God like Jesus!

Act 3:13 "The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus,... :readthis:

On the authority of Jesus himself we know that the categories of "flesh" and "spirit" are never to be confused or intermingled, though the course of God's Spirit can impact our world. Jesus said, "That which is born of flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" (John 3:6). And "God is Spirit."
The doctrine of the incarnation confuses these categories. What God has separated man has joined together! One of the charges that the apostle Paul levels at simple man is that we have "exchange the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man" (Romans 1:23). Has it ever dawned on you as you sit in church listening to how the glorious Creator made Himself into a man that you could be guilty of this very same thing? The doctrine of the incarnation has reduced the incorruptible God to our own corruptible image. We are made in God's image, not the other way around. It would be more appropriate to put this contrast in starker terms. The defining characteristic of the Creator God is his absolute holiness. God is utterly different from and so utterly transcendent over His creation that any confusion is forbidden!

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

In promoting the idea that Jesus was a "mere man" we run the risk of divorcing all deity from his person, something I think the trinitarians would love for us to do so they can wag their tongues at us. Though Jesus was a man, and unitarian theology reinforces this doctrine much more completely than trinitarianism, I would never say he was a "mere man." He was much more than that, and that's the part we need to proclaim clearly.

I appreciate all your efforts to educate here on TOL Paul.

tomlapalm

The doctrine of the Trinity is in scripture, It might not have been named until later but it is in several passages of Scripture.

Apple7

Time to be spanked...

Time to be spanked...

Your one-liners ignore context...

Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came to be, I AM! (John 8.58)

Convenient that you left out the fact that Jesus is not only a man, but God, as well.

He is the God-man.