Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

God's Truth

For the Reader,

LazyAfternoon hates me because I believe and prove with scripture that Jesus is God.

He/she also hates me because I can prove easily that his tongue speaking is false.

Pierac

I'm calling you out... Pick a verse and draw your point of view... then I can shoot you down for all to see... :BillyBob:

You speak of what your hear and see of men... so man up... and post against me! SO... POST your scriptural support verses... and get ready to grab your theological ankles! :readthis:

Making traditions of men looks like fools... is what I DO! :rolleyes:

THERE IS NO FEAR IN TRUTH... So why do you fear me!
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

I don't wish to converse with "Knuckleheads" like you. I hope you're not offended? No offence intended. You seem like a very nice guy? Nah. I'm just kidding, you're not a nice guy. Your puny rep shows
that

So are you going to actually post or converse with me? As of yet… in the last 2 months you have not even shown your theology! You have only posted opinion of men… AGAIN with no scripture listed in your post… SO GrosnickObamabe… try again! Your church obamacommunity service position does not serve you here…!
So what's your fixation on rep? You pissed.. I still have so much? :think:

Exactly why he is on my ignore list. A combination moron and troll rolled into one big pain in the A$$

Yet like Grosnick Marowbe… How can I be a pain in the A$$ unless I make you look stupid too! SO... StanJ at least try to expose a post of mine as being false... Your just another puny Obama follower who choses to ignore the truth... and sux off the spiritual orthodox nipple of Catlin Jenner you follow! :rolleyes:

Your doomed StanJ.... Jesus said so... Yes.. I already showed you!

I will always be stronger, and more loving than you! Just thank God your not a money exchanger... Or I would really have to make you grab your theological ankles!

Grosnick and Stan... you two sissies need to study harder :peach:

POST SOME SPIRITUAL MEAT FOR ONCE...
Paul

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So are you going to actually post or converse with me? As of yet… in the last 2 months you have not even shown your theology! You have only posted opinion of men… AGAIN with no scripture listed in your post… SO GrosnickObamabe… try again! Your church obamacommunity service position does not serve you here…!
So what's your fixation on rep? You pissed.. I still have so much? :think:

Yet like Grosnick Marowbe… How can I be a pain in the A$$ unless I make you look stupid too! SO... StanJ at least try to expose a post of mine as being false... Your just another puny Obama follower who choses to ignore the truth... and sux off the spiritual orthodox nipple of Catlin Jenner you follow! :rolleyes:

Your doomed StanJ.... Jesus said so... Yes.. I already showed you!

I will always be stronger, and more loving than you! Just thank God your not a money exchanger... Or I would really have to make you grab your theological ankles!

Grosnick and Stan... you two sissies need to study harder :peach:

POST SOME SPIRITUAL MEAT FOR ONCE...
Paul

Have a pleasant day.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Pier, I've had you on ignore for awhile. I did you a favor (foul mouth) and
checked what you had to say. Too my utter surprise, you're still being
"foul-mouthed." So, I think I'll place you back on ignore. Have a nice day.

Pierac

Have a pleasant day.

That's certainly nicer than he deserves, GM. :)

That's not what your doing behind the scenes here on TOL ... :think:

I just simply ask you to expose my theological post as being false... and you two cry like babys!!!

Let's try again....

A brief history of the Church after Nicaea

Juan Baixeras writes a 55 page Patristic study of the Kingdom of God and the development of the Trinity on his web site. Here is a small section of this writings… You must realize that in the early days Greek philosophy was the major thought pattern of the civilized world. Anyone who was anyone was educated in Greek philosophy. Another reason why these philosophies were so quick to influence early Christianity is that in the beginning of the church, the leaders were for the most part Jewish, with the Jewish concept of God.

"The Jews conceive God as an absolutely simple unity (inferring absolutely no constituent divisions)." (Jewish Thought 6/12/96)
When Christianity started spreading, the leaders of the churches were now Gentiles who had converted to Christianity. These people, for the most part, had been educated in Greek philosophies in their schools and universities. As educated persons, they of course wanted to find a place for their new religious beliefs within the philosophical framework they had already acquired. So when they read Hebrew Scriptures, they could not help injecting Greek philosophical meanings into them. The Encyclopedia Britannica says concerning Christian Platonist:
"They did not believe that truth could conflict with truth and were confident that all that was rationally certain in Platonic speculation would prove to be in perfect accordance with the Christian revelation. Their unhistorical approach and unscholarly methods of exegesis of texts, both pagan and Christian, facilitated this confidence."

There was also the felt need of some Christians with Greek philosophical training to express Christianity in those terms, both for their own intellectual satisfaction and in order to convert educated pagans. What is needed today is to remove all the Greek influence from what is called modern day Christianity, and return to the Christianity that was preached by Jesus and his Apostles.

The Council of Nicaea, in 325 AD., made "Jesus of the same substance as God." This is not the Trinitarian doctrine we know of today, but it was a start. Fifty-six years later, at the Council of Constantinople in 381 AD., the Holy Spirit was added to the formula, bringing to life the modern day Trinity. One can easily see that even at Nicaea the Trinity was not an established doctrine by the absence of the Holy Spirit. Trinitarians will argue that the belief in a triune God was there from the Apostles, and that it was formalized as dogma at Nicaea and Constantinople. But the fact is that the New Testament does not anywhere teach the doctrine of the Trinity. The Doctrine of the Trinity, was not an established doctrine from Apostolic times, but a slowly developing idea that took over three hundred years to formalize.

325 AD - Constantine convenes the Council of Nicaea in order to develop a statement of faith that can unify the church. The Nicene Creed is written, declaring that "the Father and the Son are of the same substance" (homoousios). Emperor Constantine who was also the high priest of the pagan religion of the Unconquered Sun presided over this council. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica:
"Constantine himself presided, actively guiding the discussions and personally proposed the crucial formula expressing the relationship of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council. "of one substance with the Father."
The American Academic Encyclopedia states:
"Although this was not Constantine’s first attempt to reconcile factions in Christianity, it was the first time he had used the imperial office to IMPOSE a settlement." At the end of this council, Constantine sided with Athanasius over Arius and exiled Arius to Illyria.
328 AD - Athanasius becomes bishop of Alexandria.
328 AD - Constantine recalls Arius from Illyria.
335 AD - Constantine now sides with Arius and exiles Athanasius to Trier.
337 AD - A new emperor, Contantius, orders the return of Athanasius to Alexandria.
339 AD - Athanasius flees Alexandria in anticipation of being expelled.
341 AD - Two councils are held in Antioch this year. During this council, the First, Second, and Third Arian Confessions are written, thereby beginning the attempt to produce a formal doctrine of faith to oppose the Nicene Creed.
343 AD - At the Council of Sardica, Eastern Bishops demand the removal of Athanasius.
346 AD - Athanasius is restored to Alexandria.
351 AD - A second anti - Nicene council is held in Sirmium.
353 AD - A council is held at Aries during Autumn that is directed against Athanasius.
355 AD - A council is held in Milan. Athanasius is again condemned.
356 AD - Athanasius is deposed on February 8th, beginning his third exile.
357 AD - Third Council of Sirmium is convened. Both homoousios and homoiousios are avoided as unbiblical, and it is agreed that the Father is greater than His subordinate Son.
359 AD - The Synod of Seleucia is held which affirms that Christ is "like the Father," It does not however, specify how the Son is like the Father.
361 AD - A council is held in Antioch to affirm Arius’ positions.
380 AD - Emperor Theodosius the Great declares Christianity the official state religion of the empire.
381 AD - The First Council of Constantinople is held to review the controversy since Nicaea. Emperor Theodosius the Great establishes the creed of Nicaea as the standard for his realm. The Nicene Creed is re-evaluated and accepted with the addition of clauses on the Holy Spirit and other matters. (History of Arian Controversy)

If you believe that Nicaea just formalized the prevalent teaching of the church, then there really should not have been any conflicts. Why should there be? If it were the established teaching of the church, then you would expect people to either accept it, or not be Christians. It would be like me being a member of the Communist Party. I would join it knowing that they do not believe in the ownership of private property, no conflict. But now, say after I have been a member of the party for a few years, someone decides to introduce a proposal that we allow the ownership of private property, not everyone in the party is going to agree, the result is conflict. This is similar to what happened in the church. It was not the established teaching, and when some faction of the church tried to make it official, the result was major conflict.

It was mainly a theological power grab by certain factions of the church. The major complication throughout all this was that the emperors were involved. At Nicaea it was Constantine that decided the outcome. Then as you can see, we have the flip-flopping of opinion with the result that Athanasius is exiled and recalled depending on who is in power. We even have in 357 AD the declaration that homoousios and homoiousios are unbiblical, and that the Father is greater than His subordinate Son. This is 180 degrees from Nicaea. It is definitely not the Trinitarian formula.

In 380 AD Emperor Thedosius declares Christianity the state religion. One can come to the conclusion that whichever way Theodosius favors, is the way in which it is going to end. This is exactly what happened next. In 381 AD the struggle was finally ended by the current emperor, Theodosius the Great, who favored the Nicene position. Just like at Nicaea, the EMPEROR again decided it. The emperors were dictating the theology of the church. The big difference now was that there was not going to be any more changing sides. It was now the state religion. You cannot make Christianity the state religion and then change its beliefs every few years, it would undermine its credibility as the true faith. The Trinity was now the orthodox position, and the state was willing to back it up. Debates however, would continue for years to come. Thus all who disagreed with the Church were put to death just like Jesus did to... NOT!

Make note.... The doctrine of the Trinity has murdered and or put to death more followers of Christ than Islam... This is a historical fact... to date! :rolleyes:

I can not be ignored!
Paul

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Actually, you kind of wasted your time. I don't read long posts.
Especially from "foul mouthed" supposed "True Believers." I
find it a waste of my time and energy. A little word of advise
though, stop with the "nasty talk." Then, posters may give
you a little respect? No promises though.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The important posts are those that come from the heart and mind of a
"True Believer." One that has heard the Grace Message, placed their faith in Christ
as their Savior, were sealed/indwelt, and baptized (not by water) into the Body
of Christ by the Holy Spirit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If you post ten scriptures that say Christ is a man, they do not diminish those that say He is God the Creator.

That is skewed thinking