Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus was anointed with POWER for his ministry. Jesus already had the Holy Spirit.

Better take a look at Acts 10:38:

Acts 10:38 King James Version (KJV)

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

God's Truth

Better take a look at Acts 10:38:

Acts 10:38 King James Version (KJV)

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Jesus already had the Holy Spirit.

He was anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power before his ministry, just like the Apostles.

John 20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

That was before Pentecost.

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Now, you tell me. Did the Apostles receive the Holy Spirit when Jesus breathed on them and said receive the Holy Spirit?

Did they receive the Holy Spirit with power at Pentecost, before they started their ministry?

Just as Jesus...Jesus had the Holy Spirit from the time he was in Mary's womb...where he gave Elizabeth the Holy Spirit when Mary came to visit her.

God's Truth

Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus already had the Holy Spirit.

He was anointed with the Holy Spirit and with power before his ministry, just like the Apostles.

John 20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

That was before Pentecost.

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

Now, you tell me. Did the Apostles receive the Holy Spirit when Jesus breathed on them and said receive the Holy Spirit?

Did they receive the Holy Spirit with power at Pentecost, before they started their ministry?

Just as Jesus...Jesus had the Holy Spirit from the time he was in Mary's womb...where he gave Elizabeth the Holy Spirit when Mary came to visit her.

As Jesus breathed on His disciples and said "Receive the Holy Spirit". they were receiving the second part of the threefold relationship of the believer with the Holy Spirit.

In John 14:16-17, Jesus told them that the holy Spirit would be sent to them as a helper. He told them, "He dwells with you and will be in you." So the Holy Spirit was always with them, as He is everywhere. Now the Holy Spirit came into them as Jesus breathed on them. This was their spiritual birth as they experienced the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Then in Acts 1:8, Jesus said, but you shall receive power when the Holy
spirit has come upon you. And on that Day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit was poured out on them so that they could experience the power that comes on a believer for service.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
again, i agree with GT on this point. Jesus didn't finally recieve the Holy Ghost at pentecost. what, He was just The Word before that ? the full Power of God was in Jesus AFTER the resurrection, he had to live as a man on earth subjected to what we all go through. Jesus had The Holy Spirit as a man but not the full power of God. people just can't seem to grasp that Jesus and God were seperate but One. One even before the beginning, did that fact somehow change by God livng as a man on earth ? NO. now go scour the scriptures and type them out, while proving and disproving nothing, focusing on one aspect of Jesus instead of the Whole. we can pick and choose scripture to support our claims either way, but The Bible clearly shows us throughout.:e4e:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
again, i agree with GT on this point. Jesus didn't finally recieve the Holy Ghost at pentecost. what, He was just The Word before that ? the full Power of God was in Jesus AFTER the resurrection, he had to live as a man on earth subjected to what we all go through. Jesus had The Holy Spirit as a man but not the full power of God. people just can't seem to grasp that Jesus and God were seperate but One. One even before the beginning, did that fact somehow change by God livng as a man on earth ? NO. now go scour the scriptures and type them out, while proving and disproving nothing, focusing on one aspect of Jesus instead of the Whole. we can pick and choose scripture to support our claims either way, but The Bible clearly shows us throughout.:e4e:

Jesus had the full power for His ministry after His baptism by John.

keypurr

You SUBTRACT and ADD to God's Word.

You take away God's word that says we receive the Holy Spirit. You then add your own rubbish by saying the Holy Spirit is already in us but is activated.

People such as yourself need to be rebuked sharply.

Your the one doing that GT.

Show us one verse where Jesus raised himself.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus had the full power for His ministry after His baptism by John.

Dear Bright Raven,

You're right most of the time. The Holy Spirit/Holy Ghost/Comforter is not the same as simply having God's Spirit in you. It is a whole separate experience that is indelible on the person, and once you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you'll then know the difference. Not until then, I see. Yes, Jesus received the Holy Spirit after being baptized by John, as if a dove landed upon His head. God's Truth is like talking to a brick wall. He can't understand because he's never been through it, and he may never know. It's amazing how some 'teachers' speak of things that they don't know much about. False teachers. Since God's Truth has the Holy Ghost in him, why hasn't he spoken in tongues, or had something magnificent happen to him because of that visit? I had nothing bad to think about God's Truth, and I hope we can remain friends, but probably not after this, because I know him, and he can't let it go easily either.

Praise God!!

Michael

:cloud9:

:yoshi:

:singer:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear patrick jane,

Be more careful who you believe. Yes, Jesus was the Word of God. You will notice also in Rev. 19:13. Jesus is the Word of God. Check it out. But also, be careful.

May God Watch Over You Closely,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear keypurr,

Yes, God raised Jesus from the dead. And when He did and put His Spirit back into Jesus, it left an indelible mark from the Spirit entering Him that caused the image of the Lord on the Shroud of Turin. They are just dating it wrong. Everyone seems to be dating things wrong. It's amazing.

God Be With You, keypurr,

Michael

keypurr

Do you see a difference between the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost?

Is there a difference between have the HOLY Spirit and being anointed by the Holy Spirit?

These are questions I ask myself.

keypurr

Dear keypurr,

Yes, God raised Jesus from the dead. And when He did and put His Spirit back into Jesus, it left an indelible mark from the Spirit entering Him that caused the image of the Lord on the Shroud of Turin. They are just dating it wrong. Everyone seems to be dating things wrong. It's amazing.

God Be With You, keypurr,

Michael

And with you too my friend.

wonderingjew

“God became man so that man might become a god.”
St. Athanasius of Alexandria

This true quote reveals the age old lie in the garden doesn't it? I wonder if we can all at least agree that The Messiah indeed is the "Torah" in the flesh? It is a slippery slope to assign any authority to anything but the "Word of YHVH" manifested in this world. As to symantecs or just antics, we should try to understand all the Hebrew meaning to the words we all stumble over particularly words like "Elohim" Yahweh" Addonai" El" Eloah" Y'Shua" and Y'Hovah" and get them back to their proper placements. The complete Jewish Bible or the "Scriptures are tremendous study tools. Shalom!

keypurr

This true quote reveals the age old lie in the garden doesn't it? I wonder if we can all at least agree that The Messiah indeed is the "Torah" in the flesh? It is a slippery slope to assign any authority to anything but the "Word of YHVH" manifested in this world. As to symantecs or just antics, we should try to understand all the Hebrew meaning to the words we all stumble over particularly words like "Elohim" Yahweh" Addonai" El" Eloah" Y'Shua" and Y'Hovah" and get them back to their proper placements. The complete Jewish Bible or the "Scriptures are tremendous study tools. Shalom!

Welcome friend to TOL.

I do not believe that God came as a man. I think he sent his son who was a spirit to dwell in a man.

I agree that the different words translated as God or god have different meanings. I wish I knew Hebrew.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"this true quote" ? who was that guy ? better, who cares. not to diminish any man's works, but i'll stick with The Bible, thanks. NT - but keep wondering - wanderingjew. jk:dizzy:

God's Truth

We do not need to learn Greek, or Hebrew. We do not have to become as an Old Testament Jew following old rules and regulations that Jesus fulfills.

We do not need to learn the Hebrew name for Jesus.

No one knows for sure how to pronounce God's name.

God is going to give the saved His new name.