Jesus is God !

beloved57

The Deity ? Godhead of Christ !

The Deity ? Godhead of Christ !

A scripture that sets forth the Deity and Godhead of Christ, meaning that He is God of very God, Jehovah, it is Jn 3:13

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

This scripture does indicate that even while Jesus Christ is in the Capacity of Mediator Man 1 Tim 2:5 upon the earth, even the Son of God, or the Son of Man, even while He was then upon the earth yet speaking to nicodemus, that at the same time in His Absolute Godhead and Divine Nature , He was in Heaven, for He is the Special Unique God Man 1 Tim 3:16

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

As God the Eternal and Self Existing Logos the Word Jn 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He never ceased to be God, when although He entered into the World in another form, and the Word became Flesh Jn 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

beloved57

The Godhead in the OT Scriptures !

The Godhead in the OT Scriptures !

Many of the Believers in the OT had a notion of the Plurality of Elohim, for the very Name Elohim indicates it. Gen 1:1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The Word God here 'elohiym is the plural of elowahh , for that says it all ! Moses is said to have written this portion of Holy Writ so certainly he believed in the Plurality of Elohim !

There were times that One called the Angel of the Lord would Appear in representing a Divine Being that was God, which it is believed to have been the Son of God in the appearance of an Angel. The Patriarch Jacob had an experience with an Angel that was said to be God Gen 32:24-30

24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.

26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.

27 And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

29 And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there.

30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God[ 'elohiym ]face to face, and my life is preserved.

The same 'elohiym of Gen 1:1 !

Now Later it was written that this man he wrestled with was an Angel Hos 12:4

Yea, he had power over the angel, and prevailed: he wept, and made supplication unto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with us;

This was also the place he referred to here in his advanced age Gen 48:15-16

15 And he blessed Joseph, and said, God['elohiym ], before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God['elohiym ] which fed me all my life long unto this day,

16 The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

Its no doubt that the Angel is Elohim, but it would not be the Father because unto Him it could not have been said Gen 32:30

30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

But it could have been said of 'elohiym The Son of God , The Word of God !

keypurr

I still need to sit down with a rabbi about the math in the text.
I want you to notice that the messiah in Daniel 9,25 is attached to the word 'נגיד'. The translation in your book of Daniel is prince. I googled this word and there are several other interpretations as: governor, prince, chancellor, ruler, rector, commander, and leader.
I also want you to notice that not every time the word 'messiah' is mentioned it referred to the messiah. For example Isaiah 45,1 the word there is messiah.
Except that, there must be a phrase that you believe that he could take and prove by the prophecy. This phrase is not such phrase. He couldn't come to people and tell them to believe in him because this is the time that the prophecy says that messiah will be revealed.

I so wish I knew Hebrew and Greek.

Aimiel

Then saith he to Thomas, "Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing." And Thomas answered and said unto him, "My Lord and my God." Jesus saith unto him, "Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

I have not seen, yet have believed: Jesus IS God! :thumb:

lifeisgood

I know HE SAID IT, BUT WHERE DOES HE DO IT?

So, that God said it is not enough for you because He does not meet with your approval of what you want. Got it.

The Father raised him from the dead. The dead know nothing, their thoughts perish at death.

Death DOES NOT mean cessation of life. You are enamored with JWs theology and you have the right to believe such.

There is no trinity.

What you should say is that the word Trinity is not found in the word of God, however, the Bible says that there is the Father, there is the Son, and there is the Holy Spirit.

If your Bible does not say that, then you are reading the wrong Bible IMHO.

There is God the father and his son Jesus Christ. And the son, who was in spirit form, became flesh.

You'll have to think about this one for a while before you understand it.

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad" (John 8:56)

lifeisgood

Actually, the phrase "I will" is not in the Greek text, it was supplied by the translators. Instead of I will the phrase God will would have been more accurate.

Exactly, Jesus is God; therefore, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I (God) will raise it up” (John 2:19).

lifeisgood

...There is God the father and his son Jesus Christ.

If there is only, as you say, God the Father and his son Jesus Christ, I have to conclude that you do not believe what your lord said:

Mark 3:29 -- But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit has never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Matthew 12:31 -- Wherefore I (Jesus Christ) say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men.
Matthew 12:32 -- And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

keypurr

So, that God said it is not enough for you because He does not meet with your approval of what you want. Got it.

Your adding to the scriptures by saying he did it.

Death DOES NOT mean cessation of life. You are enamored with JWs theology and you have the right to believe such.

What is the state of the Dead?

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Ecc 9:6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion forever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Psa 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
Psa 146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulcher is with us unto this day.

All will be raised

What you should say is that the word Trinity is not found in the word of God, however, the Bible says that there is the Father, there is the Son, and there is the Holy Spirit.

Is Jesus wrong when he says that his Father is the only true God?

If your Bible does not say that, then you are reading the wrong Bible IMHO.

You'll have to think about this one for a while before you understand it.

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad" (John 8:56)

You do not see what the Bible is telling you.

Christ spoke through Jesus, Christ was before the world.

Your blinded by tradition.

keypurr

If there is only, as you say, God the Father and his son Jesus Christ, I have to conclude that you do not believe what your lord said:

Mark 3:29 -- But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit has never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Matthew 12:31 -- Wherefore I (Jesus Christ) say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men.
Matthew 12:32 -- And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

The Holy Spirit is not a person, it is God's spirit, his tool to do his work. That is dishonoring God himself to add another God to your godhead. Your church will not get you a ticket into heaven friend. believe in the Lord and what he has told you.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Actually, the phrase "I will" is not in the Greek text, it was supplied by the translators. Instead of I will the phrase God will would have been more accurate.
Sorry but the verb eigerw is 1st person future, but the meaning of the word is awaken. He awakened his own body using the new man.

Last edited:

Aimiel

The Holy Spirit is not a person, it is God's spirit, his tool to do his work.
Yeah, right... You can blaspheme God and be forgiven, you can even blaspheme His Son and He'll forgive you, but if you blaspheme His tool... NO FORGIVENESS. He is The Heart of God, His very Spirit. It is God, Who is Spirit, Lord of Hosts (Spirits). The Spirit is God, just as much as The Father or The Son. They are ONE.

beloved57

We know that the scriptures reveal the Lord Jesus Christ as God by the ministry of John the baptist, who was His forerunner, which Isaiah reveals here Isa 40:1-5

Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

5 And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Fulfilled here Matt 3:3; Mk 1:3; Lk 3:4

And yet this is confirmed again in Lk 1:15-17

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Here speaking of the Ministry of John the Baptist and what he was to do in the spirit of Elias in Vs 16:

In that he would be instrumental in turning many to THE LORD THEIR GOD

That word turn in Vs 16 epistrephō means to converted as in Matt 13:15

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, G1994 and I should heal them.

See also Mk 4:12; Jn 12:40 !

Now Vs 17 starts out :

And he[John the Baptist] shall go before him[The Lord Jesus Christ] in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Which does appear to be joined to the previous "the Lord their God"

He, The John the Baptist would be instrumental in turning many to the Lord their God, which is obviously Jesus Christ the Lord !

Did not John teach that men should believe on Him that came after him ? Acts 19:4

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

See also Jn 1:6-8 !

So its conclusive to any discerning soul that the " Lord their God", he converted many unto, was the Lord Jesus Christ.

To turn to Him and Believe on Him are One and the same as seen here Acts 11:21

21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, right... You can blaspheme God and be forgiven, you can even blaspheme His Son and He'll forgive you, but if you blaspheme His tool... NO FORGIVENESS. He is The Heart of God, His very Spirit. It is God, Who is Spirit, Lord of Hosts (Spirits). The Spirit is God, just as much as The Father or The Son. They are ONE.
Since God is the holy spirit; you can't insult it and be forgiven. You don't seem to understand much.

Aimiel

Since God is the holy spirit; you can't insult it and be forgiven. You don't seem to understand much.
I do understand that. What do you think I don't understand?

It is one who thinks God is not a person who doesn't understand. The fact that he believes The Holy Spirit is a 'tool' and NOT God makes him not only lacking in understanding but also in basic sense.

keypurr

Do you know when the Holy Spirit was made a part of the Trinity? It is the power of God, not a person. Yes God is a spirit and so was Christ. They work together to do the will of the Father. When God sends you a messenger that being is representing God. Like Christ, Christ came to do a job for his Father. He gave up his high position in heaven to take the form of man, Jesus. To offend the Holy Spirit is to offend the Father. The church made the Holy Spirit God about sixty years after they made the son God. The Apostles never preached that Jesus was the most high God. This was pagan doctrine put into the church to unify it with the majority of people.

Make no mistake I love my God and I honor his son, the one who came down to save us. At the creation I only see two, the Father and the spiritual son he created everything through. The church is made of men, men who twisted the truth to meet their needs. It is time to fix that, there is no Trinity taught in scripture.

Posted from the TOL App!

keypurr

I do understand that. What do you think I don't understand?

It is one who thinks God is not a person who doesn't understand. The fact that he believes The Holy Spirit is a 'tool' and NOT God makes him not only lacking in understanding but also in basic sense.

I never said that the Father and his son are not persons friend. But I do question if the Holy Spirit is a person.

Posted from the TOL App!

keypurr

We know that the scriptures reveal the Lord Jesus Christ as God by the ministry of John the baptist, who was His forerunner, which Isaiah reveals here Isa 40:1-5

Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

5 And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Fulfilled here Matt 3:3; Mk 1:3; Lk 3:4

And yet this is confirmed again in Lk 1:15-17

15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Here speaking of the Ministry of John the Baptist and what he was to do in the spirit of Elias in Vs 16:

In that he would be instrumental in turning many to THE LORD THEIR GOD

That word turn in Vs 16 epistrephō means to converted as in Matt 13:15

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, G1994 and I should heal them.

See also Mk 4:12; Jn 12:40 !

Now Vs 17 starts out :

And he[John the Baptist] shall go before him[The Lord Jesus Christ] in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

Which does appear to be joined to the previous "the Lord their God"

He, The John the Baptist would be instrumental in turning many to the Lord their God, which is obviously Jesus Christ the Lord !

Did not John teach that men should believe on Him that came after him ? Acts 19:4

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

See also Jn 1:6-8 !

So its conclusive to any discerning soul that the " Lord their God", he converted many unto, was the Lord Jesus Christ.

To turn to Him and Believe on Him are One and the same as seen here Acts 11:21

21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

Jesus Christ turned to his Lord God also. He taught is to pray to his God who is also his Father. Nothing in your post proves Jesus is God. The position of Christ is not to be the same as the creator. Christ, the anointed, is a servant of his God. Not God.

Posted from the TOL App!

lifeisgood

The Holy Spirit is not a person, it is God's spirit, his tool to do his work. That is dishonoring God himself to add another God to your godhead. Your church will not get you a ticket into heaven friend. believe in the Lord and what he has told you.

Per keypurr's Bible:

Mark 3:29 -- But he that shall blaspheme against the TOOL has never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Matthew 12:31 -- Wherefore I (Jesus Christ) say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the TOOL shall not be forgiven unto men.
Matthew 12:32 -- And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the TOOL, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

How foolish can man be!