Jesus is God !

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
back 2 basics......

back 2 basics......

The Man Jesus Christ 1 Tim 2:5, but do you have a scripture that says The Man Jesus Christ is not God ?

Continuing from here.

A 'negative' doesn't necessarily prove a positive....especially concerning that particular verse...which clearly doesn't claim the man Jesus is 'God' but serves as a 'mediator' between the two.

Remember....only God is God....being eternal, infinite, incorporeal, without beginning or end, timeless, whose essence is pure Spirit.

;)

pj

beloved57

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Do you see the words "the ONLY true God"?

Jesus did not say He was not God there, You cant read !

Posted from the TOL App!

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Do you think making giant red font makes your ignorant post any more true?

Picking out one scripture, isolating it from the rest of the Bible, and then trying to interpret it in a void is the WORST sort of Bible reading.

beloved57

Continuing from here.

A 'negative' doesn't necessarily prove a positive....especially concerning that particular verse...which clearly doesn't claim the man Jesus is 'God' but serves as a 'mediator' between the two.

Remember....only God is God....being eternal, infinite, incorporeal, without beginning or end, timeless, whose essence is pure Spirit.

;)

pj

Did Jesus Christ ever say that He was not God ? A simple yes or no will do !

Posted from the TOL App!

Hearmyvoice

There is only One True God and God is Spirit:

John 4:24 God is [a] Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.​

God is Spirit. He, in the form of the Son, was flesh and therefore He had a spirit but was not Spirit while He walked the earth. He came as the Son of God, born of woman and returned to Spirit and "God is Spirit." There is only One Creator, One God, One Saviour.

John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.

1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not.​

If we know Him we know that He created the world and...there is only One Creator.

1:11-14 He came unto His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​

The "Word was God." The "Word was made flesh." The Word came to us, dwelt among us and when we are born of God we "believe on His name." His name? I AM.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Man Jesus Christ 1 Tim 2:5, but do you have a scripture that says The Man Jesus Christ is not God ?

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you the Son can do nothing of himself but what he seeth the Father do, for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. (John 5:19)​

Jesus does not act without God's approval. Like us, Jesus is held accountable by God.

To whom is God accountable?

beloved57

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you the Son can do nothing of himself but what he seeth the Father do, for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. (John 5:19)​

Jesus does not act without God's approval. Like us, Jesus is held accountable by God.

So where is the verse that states that Jesus is not God ?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If Jesus were not God then he would have immediately rebuked Thomas for calling him God because that would have been blasphemy. But Jesus did not rebuke him.

Did Thomas use the English word "god" or did Thomas use the Aramaic term "elah" or the Hebrew term "eloah"? Or did Thomas use the word elohim?

The assumption that Thomas used the word "god" is most unlikely.

Hearmyvoice

John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

The Father works...the Son works...they are One.​

5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill Him, because He not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

Do we too seek to kill Him because we don't recognize Him?​

5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do: for what things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Father and Son are One. What the Father does the Son does. Jesus is telling us He is God in flesh...The Word was God, the Word was made flesh and Word dwelt among us and yet...those still in the world, the world He asks us to "come out of her My people," [Rev.18:4] knew Him not.

Do we know Him?​

5:20-21 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth Him all things that Himself doeth: and He will shew Him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom He will.

What the Father does...the Son does...they are One.​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So where is the verse that states that Jesus is not God ?

Where does scripture say men cannot create their own god or gods?

You claim not to be Christian so I am not surprized you are have trouble understanding scripture.

beloved57

Where does scripture say men cannot create their own god or gods?

You claim not to be Christian so I am not surprized you are have trouble understanding scripture.

So where is the verse that states that Jesus is not God ? Or where did He ever say, I am not God ?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What the Father does...the Son does...they are One.​

Are we not one with them? Are we not the fleshly embodiment of Jesus Christ?

If we are one with Christ and if Christ is God then so are we.

A Father and Son and Son's bride constitute a family. Our Father is the head of the family.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So where is the verse that states that Jesus is not God ? Or where did He ever say, I am not God ?

Where did Jesus ever say I am God and there is none else?

Where did Jesus ever say there is no God beside me?

The prophets were inspired by God through the Spirit of Christ. Christ is the Mediator between God and men.