Jesus is God !

keypurr

You forgot the capital "M" in the "man" you bolded.

It's referring to Jesus, who is both MAN and GOD.

Or do you think Psalm 49:7-9, 15, was lying?

Your funny.

Jesus was a MAN who was given the logos. The logos BECAME flesh in the body of Jesus. The logos is not God, it is a created FORM of God. The EXPRESS IMAGE of the Father.

keypurr

Hate to break it to you, but that verse does not contradict the trinity, Keypurr.

It does if you read it correctly.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Simple and to the point, who do you wish to believe, your man made thoughts, or him who died for you?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your funny.

I'm dead serious.

Proof by repeated assertion does not win an argument...

Jesus was a MAN who was given the logos.

Nope.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. - John 1:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John1:14&version=NKJV

The logos BECAME flesh in the body of Jesus.

This contradicts what you just said, because JESUS IS THE LOGOS.

The logos is not God, it is a created FORM of God.

Nope.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. - John 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John1:1&version=NKJV

The EXPRESS IMAGE of the Father.

Yup. No comment needed.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It does if you read it correctly.

Nope.

Read correctly, it does not.

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

THIS VERSE DOES NOT EXCLUDE JESUS FROM BEING GOD, BECAUSE GOD IS TRIUNE!

Simple and to the point, who do you wish to believe, your man made thoughts, or him who died for you?

Again, because you still haven't addressed this:

IF JESUS WAS NOT GOD, THEN HIS DEATH SAVED ABSOLUTELY NO ONE.

keypurr

I'm dead serious.

Proof by repeated assertion does not win an argument...

Nope.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. - John 1:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John1:14&version=NKJV

This contradicts what you just said, because JESUS IS THE LOGOS.

Nope.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. - John 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John1:1&version=NKJV

Yup. No comment needed.

Nope, Jesus is not the logos, the logos came with the dove and went into Jesus. the logos is a spirit, not a man. the logos spoke through Jesus.

keypurr

Nope.

Read correctly, it does not.

THIS VERSE DOES NOT EXCLUDE JESUS FROM BEING GOD, BECAUSE GOD IS TRIUNE!

Again, because you still haven't addressed this:

IF JESUS WAS NOT GOD, THEN HIS DEATH SAVED ABSOLUTELY NO ONE.

Do you not see the word 'ONLY' in the verse?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nope, Jesus is not the logos,

BZZZT!

Incorrect. JESUS IS THE LOGOS, the ONLY GOD.

the logos came with the dove and went into Jesus.

BZZZT!

Incorrect. Jesus is the Logos, the Dove is the Holy Spirit, Who is also the only God.

the logos is a spirit, not a man. the logos spoke through Jesus.

No, The LOGOS WAS a spirit, but then He became a MAN, the MAN, Christ JESUS.

Do you not see the word 'ONLY' in the verse?[/QUOTE

You still can't seem to comprehend my position.

Let me try to clarify, yet again.

The Father is the only God.
The Son is the only God.
The Holy Spirit is the only God.

The Father is neither the Son nor the Holy Spirit.
The Son is neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son.

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.

Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

God.

Three WHOs, One WHAT.

The verse you quoted above DOES NOT CONTRADICT THE TRINITY.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you not see the word 'ONLY' in the verse?
KEYPURR!

How can JESUS, who, according to you, is only a man, RANSOM HIS LIFE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD, when NO MAN, according to SCRIPTURE, can ransom HIS LIFE FOR ANOTHER?

keypurr

BZZZT!

Incorrect. JESUS IS THE LOGOS, the ONLY GOD.

BZZZT!

Incorrect. Jesus is the Logos, the Dove is the Holy Spirit, Who is also the only God.

No, The LOGOS WAS a spirit, but then He became a MAN, the MAN, Christ JESUS.

Do you not see the word 'ONLY' in the verse?[/QUOTE

You still can't seem to comprehend my position.

Let me try to clarify, yet again.

The Father is the only God.
The Son is the only God.
The Holy Spirit is the only God.

The Father is neither the Son nor the Holy Spirit.
The Son is neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son.

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.

Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

God.

Three WHOs, One WHAT.

The verse you quoted above DOES NOT CONTRADICT THE TRINITY.

The father is the ONLY GOD, THE WORDS OF THE Lord Jesus Christ.
Why should I believe you and not him?

keypurr

KEYPURR!

How can JESUS, who, according to you, is only a man, RANSOM HIS LIFE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD, when NO MAN, according to SCRIPTURE, can ransom HIS LIFE FOR ANOTHER?

The flesh son of God was born for that purpose.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The flesh son of God was born for that purpose.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Keypurr, if Jesus was just a man, a created being, His life would not be worth enough to pay for even one other man's debt (wages of sin is death), let alone the debt of every person in existence (Ps. 49:7-9,15).

So what then, exactly, considering the above verse, was the point of Christ dying on the cross?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The father is the ONLY GOD,

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID ABOVE. The only difference being that you reject the scripture that says that the Son is also the only God, and that the Holy Spirit is also the only God.

THE WORDS OF THE Lord Jesus Christ.
Why should I believe you and not him?

Why don't you believe Scripture when the Father calls the Son "God"?

Why don't you believe Peter who calls the holy Spirit God? Do you believe that there are multiple Gods?

I believe in the One God, who is Three Persons.

One WHAT, Three WHOs.

keypurr

Keypurr, if Jesus was just a man, a created being, His life would not be worth enough to pay for even one other man's debt (wages of sin is death), let alone the debt of every person in existence (Ps. 49:7-9,15).

So what then, exactly, considering the above verse, was the point of Christ dying on the cross?

Jesus was a sinless, unblemished man, like Adam was. He was the ONLY one qualified to die for our sins.
Jesus became the Christ at his anointing with the logos. That spirit son (logos) is God's first creation. Only YHWH is not created. The logos is a spirit like his God. He is the EXACT image of the Father and was given the fullness of his Father. He is a created godlike spirit that God created everything through. But he is not God, ONLY YHWH IS GOD.

keypurr

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID ABOVE. The only difference being that you reject the scripture that says that the Son is also the only God, and that the Holy Spirit is also the only God.

Why don't you believe Scripture when the Father calls the Son "God"?

Why don't you believe Peter who calls the holy Spirit God? Do you believe that there are multiple Gods?

I believe in the One God, who is Three Persons.

One WHAT, Three WHOs.

I BELIEVE THE WORDS OF THE SON THAT CAME FROM ABOVE.

I will not knowing bow to a false God. Jesus Christ is not God, he is the son of God.

The logos is a FORM of God, a god, but not YHWH.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus was a sinless, unblemished man, like Adam was. He was the ONLY one qualified to die for our sins.
Jesus became the Christ at his anointing with the logos. That spirit son (logos) is God's first creation. Only YHWH is not created. The logos is a spirit like his God. He is the EXACT image of the Father and was given the fullness of his Father. He is a created godlike spirit that God created everything through. But he is not God, ONLY YHWH IS GOD.

Keupurr, it doesn't matter if someone is sinless.

NO MAN CAN RANSOM HIS LIFE FOR ANOTHER.

Only God is valuable enough to ransom the life of every person who has ever lived.

If Jesus was merely a created being, then He would not be valuable enough.

Think of it this way:

The moment someone comes into existence (at conception), they are of equal value to the person who came into existence before them and after them. They have infinite value, but that value only extends into the future. It cannot extend into the past.

But God does not have a beginning, therefore, God has infinitely more value than does someone who has a beginning, because His value goes both backwards in time, and forwards.

A created being can only pay the ransom for his own life. He is not valuable enough to pay the ransom for anyone else. That's why you need something with value greater than a created being's to pay the ransom for the whole world.

So again, I ask, if Jesus (who according to you is a created being) is not valuable enough to ransom His life for the whole world, because he is a created being, then why did Christ die in the cross, if he could not save anyone?

keypurr

Keupurr, it doesn't matter if someone is sinless.

NO MAN CAN RANSOM HIS LIFE FOR ANOTHER.

Only God is valuable enough to ransom the life of every person who has ever lived.

If Jesus was merely a created being, then He would not be valuable enough.

Think of it this way:

The moment someone comes into existence (at conception), they are of equal value to the person who came into existence before them and after them. They have infinite value, but that value only extends into the future. It cannot extend into the past.

But God does not have a beginning, therefore, God has infinitely more value than does someone who has a beginning, because His value goes both backwards in time, and forwards.

A created being can only pay the ransom for his own life. He is not valuable enough to pay the ransom for anyone else. That's why you need something with value greater than a created being's to pay the ransom for the whole world.

So again, I ask, if Jesus (who according to you is a created being) is not valuable enough to ransom His life for the whole world, because he is a created being, then why did Christ die in the cross, if he could not save anyone?

You assume to much JR.

The Lamb had to experience all the trials of a human, to do that he needed to be human.
Consider also that God wanted a body he could trust to hold his logos. That logos created the Universe and everything in it. Jesus got that power at his anointing. Acts 10:38. The dove my friend.

keypurr

KEYPURR!

Your understanding of scripture is wrong JR. You fail to see what the Lamb of God is all about.

Heb 10:1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
Heb 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
Heb 10:3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
Heb 10:4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: