Jesus is God !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John 5:24 King James Version (KJV)

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

beloved57

Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Now notice this attribute of Christ which is consistent with Him being God Almighty. How does He uphold/preserve all things ? By the Word/Rhema of His Power/Dunamis. This isn't delegated Power, but of His own Inherent Power.

This Word Rhema speaks to the Living Voice, a spoken command or word. Its characteristic of Only God Ps 33:9

9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

In fact these words stood fast correspond with the meaning of uphold in Heb 1:3 denoting to:

prop up, support, continue, abide , to preserve

Jesus Deity and Word of Power was displayed here Lk 8:25

And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.

The Natural Elements Obey Him. Now what ordinary man can make the Natural elements of the Universe obey Him ? Only a Man that shares the Deity of God

This is nothing short of exercising omnipotence !

Last edited:

Nanja

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Now notice this attribute of Christ which is consistent with Him being God Almighty. How does He uphold/preserve all things ? By the Word/Rhema of His Power/Dunamis. This isn't delegated Power, but of His own Inherent Power.

This Word Rhema speaks to the Living Voice, a spoken command or word. Its characteristic of Only God Ps 33:9

9 [FONT="]For [B]he spake, and it was done;[/B] he [B]commanded[/B], and [U][B]it stood fast[/B][/U].

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]In fact these words stood fast correspond with the meaning of uphold in Heb 1:3 denoting to:

[/COLOR][I]prop up, support[/I][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet], [/FONT][/COLOR][I]continue, abide[/I][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet] , to preserve

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Jesus Deity and Word of Power was displayed here Lk 8:25

[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he [/FONT]
command[FONT="]eth even the winds and water, and they [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]obey[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] him.

[/FONT]
The Natural Elements Obey Him. Now what ordinary man can make the Natural elements of the Universe obey Him ? Only a Man that shares the Deity of God

Amen Brother !

Our Lord Jesus Christ is Omnipotent God !

beloved57

Jesus is the Lord of Host Isaiah saw in his vision Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Now the Gospel of John refers to this vision of Isaiah the Prophet as him seeing the Glory of Christ Jn 12:37-41

37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Nanja

Jesus is the Lord of Host Isaiah saw in his vision Isa 6:1-3

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Now the Gospel of John refers to this vision of Isaiah the Prophet as him seeing the Glory of Christ Jn 12:37-41

37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Amen, and also Isaias refers to Him as

LORD [tetragrammaton] of hosts in. Is 6:3:

1. Jehovah = "the existing One"

A. the proper name of the one true God

i. unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of 0136

So it's obvious to those with Spiritual Eyes 1 Cor. 2:13, that the scriptures in Is. 6:1-3 and John 12:37-41 confirm that Jesus Christ is Jehovah God !

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H3068&t=KJV

keypurr

Seriously, Jesus is the cornerstone of the Christian faith. His being God is the essential of anyone who has a belief in God. He must be confronted head on. Why are people so adamant in saying that He is not who He says He is?

Jesus Speaking:
John 20:17 - "I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God."
Matthew 27:46 - "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."
Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."
Paul:
Ephesians 1:3 - "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."
2 Corinthians 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."
Romans 15:6 - "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Peter:
1 Peter 1:3 - "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

Who do you want to believe? Christ or Bright Raven?

keypurr

9 [FONT="]For [B]he spake, and it was done;[/B] he [B]commanded[/B], and [U][B]it stood fast[/B][/U].

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]In fact these words stood fast correspond with the meaning of uphold in Heb 1:3 denoting to:

[/COLOR][I]prop up, support[/I][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet], [/FONT][/COLOR][I]continue, abide[/I][COLOR=#001320][FONT=Trebuchet] , to preserve

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Jesus Deity and Word of Power was displayed here Lk 8:25

[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he [/FONT]
command[FONT="]eth even the winds and water, and they [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]obey[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] him.

[/FONT]

The express image of God is not God, It is the IMAGE of God. a separate SPIRIT, for God is spirit not a man.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus Speaking:
Revelation 3:12 - "Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God."
Revelation 3:2 - "for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God."
Paul:
Ephesians 1:17 - "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father..."
2 Corinthians 11:31 - "The God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ knows, He who is blessed forever, that I do not lie."
Romans 15:6 - "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Peter:
Revelation 1:6 - "To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, who has made us into a kingdom, priests for his God and Father."

Why do you cherry pick scripture while completely rejecting other scripture that calls Jesus God?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus Speaking:
Paul:
Peter:

you are an unbeliever. Jesus is God whether you believe or not. Why don't you believe what the Scriptures say about him?

keypurr

Evasion and rabbit trail

Think about what an image is belove57.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

keypurr

you are an unbeliever. Jesus is God whether you believe or not. Why don't you believe what the Scriptures say about him?

You are weak BR, you follow the leaders who grope in the darkness of tradition. Jesus is not God, he isw the Christ of God. Your not able to see that.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Spiritual Blessings in Christ
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Jesus has a God. How many Gods do you have BR?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are weak BR, you follow the leaders who grope in the darkness of tradition. Jesus is not God, he isw the Christ of God. Your not able to see that.

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Eph 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Eph 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Spiritual Blessings in Christ
Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Jesus has a God. How many Gods do you have BR?
You are so wrong. The Christ of God is God. Even the Pharisees knew who he was. They were smarter than you are.

keypurr

You are so wrong. The Christ of God is God. Even the Pharisees knew who he was. They were smarter than you are.

Nope he is not he is a created form of God. he is a creature.
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

He is an image,
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them

Do you know what an IMAGE is?
Can you name any image that is not created?

keypurr

He is an image,

2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them

So you follow the Pharisees instead of Jesus then. You have made your choice BR. and it is the wrong one.

keypurr

BR, what part of this verse do you not understand?

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I see no verses that say Jesus is God........

Well here they are: In John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I AM" or YHWH (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Perhaps most important are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. The "First and the Last" is an Old Testament title of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12). This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13). This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now you have seen them. If you deny the Divinity of Christ then you are not a Christian. That is a fact. Sorry if it hurts.

keypurr

Well here they are: In John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

Joh 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

WHO said that he said that he was equal to God? The Jews, not Christ.

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I AM" or YHWH (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

How does this say Jesus is God? The spirit in Jesus spoke through Jesus and indeed was at the creation, the logos spirit is a created FORM of God, not God.

Perhaps most important are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. The "First and the Last" is an Old Testament title of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12). This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13). This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

Where do I start? for it, it will take to long.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now you have seen them. If you deny the Divinity of Christ then you are not a Christian. That is a fact. Sorry if it hurts.

You misunderstand John 1:1. You fail to see that the son is a spirit not a man,

I have heard your thoughts many times CC, it is still a fairytale.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

He is an image,

Colossians 1:15 is positional not biological and yes, for the other two He is the express image of God because He is God.