Jesus Has ALREADY Reconciled Us and the World to God. No Religion Was Needed

Robert Pate

Banned
Did you know that a reconciled world to God is a saved world ?

No, it does not mean that. What it means is that salvation has been provided for everyone. But nothing is yours until it is received, This is why Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.
Don't be a fool accept the offer of reconciliation and be saved.

beloved57

No, it does not mean that. What it means is that salvation has been provided for everyone. But nothing is yours until it is received, This is why Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:20.
Don't be a fool accept the offer of reconciliation and be saved.

It does mean that. They're in a right relationship with God, in His Favor. You think a people reconciled into a right relationship with God, have no sins charged to them, are a lost people?

Robert Pate

Banned
It does mean that. They're in a right relationship with God, in His Favor. You think a people reconciled into a right relationship with God, have no sins charged to them, are a lost people?

HOGWASH!

You are allowing your Calvinist God to blind you to the truth.

Bard_the_Bowman

Hey marhig,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts in post #53. It was very thorough. I am not going to respond to it because I have a difficult time with brevity as it is, plus I agree with probably 98% of the things you said. :thumb:

Peace and Happy Holidays!

Bard_the_Bowman

The word "Christianity" should be separated from the word "Religion."

Says who? And where do they say that? And how did they get the authority to determine that?

Christianity is not a religion.

Ok. Then what is it?

Christianity is about a person, The Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen!!

But that doesn't tell me what Christianity is.

That tells me what Christianity is about.

What is Christianity if not a religion?

The words "Law" and "Religion" mean the same thing.

Ok. Maybe. How do we know that?

They are related. Religion is about doing the law.

Where do you get that definition from?

For the Christian there are no laws or rules.

That's not true. C'mon, Robert.

In The Great Commission in Matthew 28:20 Jesus tells His Apostles to teach others to observe "all things" that He commanded. Is someone really free to just say, "No thanks. We don't feel like obeying the things that you guys are saying Jesus commanded. We don't need any of your laws or rules."? I don't think so.

The Christian lives by faith and not according to rules or laws.

The Christian lives by faith and only by that faith (which is gift from God) can he/she obey the commands Christ gives.

This is why Paul wrote, "The letter (law) kills but the Spirit gives life."

This doesn't mean that there are no rules for Christians to follow.

Do you think we can ignore the 10 commandments? How about "Thou shall not kill"? Can we ignore that rule? And the others? No way.

Paul was making a point that the Mosaic law gave rules to follow...but not the grace to help us.
The Holy Spirit gives the grace so that the moral law can be followed. (Like "thou shall not kill".)

I'd still like to know what you think Christianity is. Thanks.

Peace.

Bard_the_Bowman

Christianity is not a religion.

Hey Robert,

On another post of yours you say: "The word "whosoever" means all, everyone, anyone. (Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary)"

Why do you not use Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary definition of "religion" as well?

It calls religion: "a system of faith and worship."

Wouldn't that mean Christianity is a religion since it is a system of faith and worship? I'm sure everyone would agree that we are to worship God in "spirit and in truth". That sounds like a system of worship to me.

Peace.

beloved57

HOGWASH!

You are allowing your Calvinist God to blind you to the truth.

You deny reconciliation! Those who are reconciled to God are in a peaceful right relationship with God in His Favor. That is being a saved. You deny that you deny the Gospel!

Robert Pate

Banned
Hey Robert,

On another post of yours you say: "The word "whosoever" means all, everyone, anyone. (Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary)"

Why do you not use Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary definition of "religion" as well?

It calls religion: "a system of faith and worship."

Wouldn't that mean Christianity is a religion since it is a system of faith and worship? I'm sure everyone would agree that we are to worship God in "spirit and in truth". That sounds like a system of worship to me.

Peace.

A system of faith and worship is religion. We are to worship God in Spirit and in truth. No system needed.

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that saved people can be lost. Those Christ died for are reconciled saved to God by His Death. Rom 5:10

Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

beloved57

Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19, so that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

A reconciled person is saved by the death of Christ while or when they are being enemies Rom 5:10! You deny that!

Robert Pate

Banned
A reconciled person is saved by the death of Christ while or when they are being enemies Rom 5:10! You deny that!

You need to take English lessons so that you can read the Bible.

The scripture says..."For if WHEN we WERE enemies" Past tence. You cannot be God's enemy and be reconciled unto him. The word "Reconcile" means that you WERE his enemy, but now you are his friend, because you have been reconciled to him by Jesus Christ.

beloved57

You need to take English lessons so that you can read the Bible.

The scripture says..."For if WHEN we WERE enemies" Past tence. You cannot be God's enemy and be reconciled unto him. The word "Reconcile" means that you WERE his enemy, but now you are his friend, because you have been reconciled to him by Jesus Christ.

Don't matter, while or when, same thing. A reconciled person is saved. They were reconciled to God while being enemies by Christ death. Rom 5:10

Robert Pate

Banned
Those Christ died for reconciled them to God, that's salvation Rom 5:10. Now according to Rom 5:10 how were they reconciled to God?

You think that scripture contradicts scripture. You have to believe that or your Calvinist god will not be pleased. Scripture does NOT contradict scripture.

The scripture says that Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. This means that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Sin, death and the devil have been defeated. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. This means that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

beloved57

You think that scripture contradicts scripture. You have to believe that or your Calvinist god will not be pleased. Scripture does NOT contradict scripture.

The scripture says that Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. This means that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Sin, death and the devil have been defeated. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. This means that now... "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Again according to Rom 5:10 how were they reconciled to God?