Jesus Has ALREADY Reconciled Us and the World to God. No Religion Was Needed

Robert Pate

Banned
No! Unbelievers are NOT already reconciled to God! Sin separates man from God, so please tell me where it says in the bible that the whole world is already reconciled. And sin, death, and the devil still exist and have a hold on much of the world today. What world do you live in?

two-kinds-of-people.jpg

Yes, only believers are reconciled. NOT the whole world.

Nope, The whole world has been reconciled to God, just like the scripture say. "God was in Christ reconciling the world into himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19. Instead of trying to make the Bible say what you want it to say, try letting the Bible speak for its self.

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. reconciliation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. Nothing has been imposed on anyone. Reconciliation is a free gift from God. You can either accept it, or you can reject it. To accept it is to accept the work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that reconciled us to God, The Gospel.

marhig

Dear Robert,

Would you mind answering a question for me please? I am honestly interested in your answer. Thanks.

If Christianity isn't a religion, then what is it?

Here's something that I don't get. If you are correct....why in the world did Jesus Christ build HIS Church on earth? Matthew 16:18 has Jesus saying:

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."(NKJV)

Robert, why did Jesus bother to build HIS Church? What was the point of that? Do you think He expects anyone to join His Church? I mean, if we are already reconciled unto God...wasn't Jesus wasting His time in building HIS Church? According to your statements we don't need His Church.

Do you really think we should tell Jesus, "Sorry Jesus, Robert says that we don't need any Church"?

Thanks.

It depends what you call the church of Christ, the church of Christ isn't any of those denominations or buildings. The buildings and the man made denominations mean nothing to God. The true church of Christ are all those worshipping the father in spirit and in truth, denying themselves baring their crosses and following Jesus, turning from the lusts of their flesh and the things of this world to do the will of the father. Those are Gods true people and those are the true church of Christ.

This is Gods true religion

James 1

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

And what did Jesus say about those who belonged to God, he didn't say that were a denomination or a religion, he says they are those who do the will of the father.

Matthew 12

Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Gods true people are those who love him with all their heart and soul and do his will. If we truly love someone with all our heart we would die for them and give our life. And we will do this if we truly love God, we will become living sacrifices and lay down our lives and die the death so that Christ can live in our hearts and he will be made manifest in our lives. These are Gods true people, those who you see the spirit of Christ in and through, their old life is gone and they don't care for things of the flesh anymore and this world means nothing to them, they are humble people, living it out, they are not those who say they believe and are just hearers of the word, we must be doers also.

Jesus never wore long ornate robes and tall ornate hats, he dressed like everyone else and he had nothing. He was poor in the flesh but rich in God. All that pomp and ceremony in churches is not the way of Jesus, his way is simple, lay down our lives for God and others, bring them the truth, preach the word and live it out. And that's how we truly show that we love God with all our hearts.

flintstoned

Nope, The whole world has been reconciled to God, just like the scripture say. "God was in Christ reconciling the world into himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19. Instead of trying to make the Bible say what you want it to say, try letting the Bible speak for its self.

Try again. At least read what you just wrote. Scripture says that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself. Is God still not in Christ? Is He still not reconciling people everyday?

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. reconciliation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. Nothing has been imposed on anyone. Reconciliation is a free gift from God. You can either accept it, or you can reject it. To accept it is to accept the work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that reconciled us to God, The Gospel.

Do you say that the whole world has already been saved? Of course not! Like salvation, reconciliation is something offered by God and is only effectuated in those who believe.

Robert Pate

Banned
Try again. At least read what you just wrote. Scripture says that God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself. Is God still not in Christ? Is He still not reconciling people everyday?

Do you say that the whole world has already been saved? Of course not! Like salvation, reconciliation is something offered by God and is only effectuated in those who believe.

Salvation has been provided for everyone by Jesus Christ, Hebrews 2:9, but it only belongs to those who receive it as a free gift from God.

"But not as the offence, so also is THE FREE GIFT. For if through the offense of one (Adam) many be dead, much more the grace of God and the GIFT of grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ has abounded unto many" Romans 5:15.

Bard_the_Bowman

It depends what you call the church of Christ, the church of Christ isn't any of those denominations or buildings.

We use the term "church" in more than one way. We use it to mean the building that we worship at (Like, I'll be home late for dinner...I have to run by the church for a minute) And we use it to mean the people who make up the Body of Christ.

The buildings and the man made denominations mean nothing to God.

You don't really know that. Jesus (God) was pretty upset about the misuse going on in the Temple (building) when He made a whip and drove out the money changers. I think He was mad about how they were using the house of God. (the building).

The true church of Christ are all those worshipping the father in spirit and in truth, denying themselves baring their crosses and following Jesus, turning from the lusts of their flesh and the things of this world to do the will of the father. Those are Gods true people and those are the true church of Christ.

This is Gods true religion

Oh, I agree. And we can find people in all denominations that probably do those things. But there is more to it than that. That isn't everythingthe true church of Christ does, is it?

James 1

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Amen. James is emphasizing that true religion is more than a set of beliefs or type of worship. He is emphasizing that true religion includes works of charity. This goes well with what Paul says in Galations 5:6 about "faith working through love."

And what did Jesus say about those who belonged to God, he didn't say that were a denomination or a religion, he says they are those who do the will of the father.

Matthew 12

Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Gods true people are those who love him with all their heart and soul and do his will. If we truly love someone with all our heart we would die for them and give our life. And we will do this if we truly love God, we will become living sacrifices and lay down our lives and die the death so that Christ can live in our hearts and he will be made manifest in our lives. These are Gods true people, those who you see the spirit of Christ in and through, their old life is gone and they don't care for things of the flesh anymore and this world means nothing to them, they are humble people, living it out, they are not those who say they believe and are just hearers of the word, we must be doers also.

Sure. I agree with what you are saying. But the Church of Christ is also visible. It has to be or Matthew 18:17 makes no sense. How can we "tell it to the Church, Jesus, if the Church is only invisible?" Who do we go to? Only God knows who the true invisible church is...we don't. So who do we go to in obedience to Jesus' words in Matthew 18?

Christ's Church must be visible for someone to do that. So the Church cannot be only invisible. It must also be visible.

If Christ's true Church is only invisible....then Matthew 18:17 makes no sense also because His Church was present at Matthew 18:16 where two or three were gathered in His name. How can we "take it to the Church" if His invisible Church was already there in verse 16?

His Church must be visible for verse 17 to make sense.

Jesus never wore long ornate robes and tall ornate hats, he dressed like everyone else and he had nothing. He was poor in the flesh but rich in God.

Everything you described above about being a part of the true church of Christ (loving God, loving others) is not restricted to poor people. Rich people can do those things as well. And middle class people. And poor people. Christianity isn't restricted to any particular class of people, race of people, nation of people, etc. You cannot discount the authenticity of believers because they dress differently or come from different socio-economic backgrounds.

All that pomp and ceremony in churches is not the way of Jesus, his way is simple, lay down our lives for God and others, bring them the truth, preach the word and live it out. And that's how we truly show that we love God with all our hearts.

Pomp and ceremony is churches can be negative. But not necessarily so. Worship of God is primarily a thing of the heart. I'm not sure we can say that one style of worship is better than others because of the type of ceremony it is. What you see as pomp and ceremony as being a bad thing.....others may see it as a good thing. Like, "Whoa. These people take their worship seriously!! Must be somebody important they are worshipping to go to all of this trouble and make a service like this!!! (And that would be fine by me....He is the King of all Kings, after all, who we Christians worship.) That also would be fine by me because it matches up pretty well with the seriousness that they took with the Temple worship of God in the O.T. too. Lots of gold and fine linens and special outfits for the Levites, etc.....all commanded by God.

Peace.

Robert Pate

Banned
We use the term "church" in more than one way. We use it to mean the building that we worship at (Like, I'll be home late for dinner...I have to run by the church for a minute) And we use it to mean the people who make up the Body of Christ.

You don't really know that. Jesus (God) was pretty upset about the misuse going on in the Temple (building) when He made a whip and drove out the money changers. I think He was mad about how they were using the house of God. (the building).

Oh, I agree. And we can find people in all denominations that probably do those things. But there is more to it than that. That isn't everythingthe true church of Christ does, is it?

Amen. James is emphasizing that true religion is more than a set of beliefs or type of worship. He is emphasizing that true religion includes works of charity. This goes well with what Paul says in Galations 5:6 about "faith working through love."

Sure. I agree with what you are saying. But the Church of Christ is also visible. It has to be or Matthew 18:17 makes no sense. How can we "tell it to the Church, Jesus, if the Church is only invisible?" Who do we go to? Only God knows who the true invisible church is...we don't. So who do we go to in obedience to Jesus' words in Matthew 18?

Christ's Church must be visible for someone to do that. So the Church cannot be only invisible. It must also be visible.

If Christ's true Church is only invisible....then Matthew 18:17 makes no sense also because His Church was present at Matthew 18:16 where two or three were gathered in His name. How can we "take it to the Church" if His invisible Church was already there in verse 16?

Everything you described above about being a part of the true church of Christ (loving God, loving others) is not restricted to poor people. Rich people can do those things as well. And middle class people. And poor people. Christianity isn't restricted to any particular class of people, race of people, nation of people, etc. You cannot discount the authenticity of believers because they dress differently or come from different socio-economic backgrounds.

Pomp and ceremony is churches can be negative. But not necessarily so. Worship of God is primarily a thing of the heart. I'm not sure we can say that one style of worship is better than others because of the type of ceremony it is. What you see as pomp and ceremony as being a bad thing.....others may see it as a good thing. Like, "Whoa. These people take their worship seriously!! Must be somebody important they are worshipping to go to all of this trouble and make a service like this!!! (And that would be fine by me....He is the King of all Kings, after all, who we Christians worship.) That also would be fine by me because it matches up pretty well with the seriousness that they took with the Temple worship of God in the O.T. too. Lots of gold and fine linens and special outfits for the Levites, etc.....all commanded by God.

Peace.

I think that you are a Catholic wanna be. Plenty of glit and glitter there.

Bard_the_Bowman

I think that you are a Catholic wanna be. Plenty of glit and glitter there.

Ok, you can think that. But it's irrelevant. We aren't talking about me.

If Christianity isn't a religion, then what is it, Robert?

And why did Jesus build His Church if, according to you, we don't need it?

Peace.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Robert religiously labels religions other than his as false religions. Robert's religion is antinomianism, meaning no law. With no law there is no right or wrong but Robert is quick to tell others they are wrong according to his nonexistent standards.

Inexplicably Robert labels people as sinners according to the obsolete Mosaic law.

Incomprehensible.

marhig

Yes but the true church are the people not any building, man has named the building a church, and the true temple is our body and we together as living stones make Gods church.

Yes I do, because when the disciples came to show Jesus the buildings of the temple, he told them, truly I say to you, there shall be not one stone, left upon another that shall not be thrown down, the natural temple meant nothing to him. (Matthew 24)

Yes we can find Gods people everywhere, there is no one true denomination, Gods people are those who do his will. The only true way is Jesus. And no that isn't everything, if we love God with all our hearts, minds soul and strength, and love our neighbours as ourselves, then we will do the what I said in my last post that Gods people do, and more.

That's great :)

Jesus had to be kissed to point him out, he wasn't dressed in ornate robes and hats, he looked like everyone else, it was the word of God with power and wisdom that stood him apart from everyone else. He didn't need the outer garments to look lovely, he was covered by God. Just like David didn't need Saul's armour, God provided for David when he needed it. And he didn't need any man made covering.

Jesus preached on the mountain, by the sea, he preached everywhere. And he preached in the temple yes, but they threw him out and wanted to kill him!

I'm just saying that the building isn't the important thing, it's the people. And we have house meetings where we gather, we go to each others houses and share Gods word, there is no need for ornate over the top church buildings. Jesus wasn't like that, can't you see that when you read the gospels? He was humble, he even ran away when they tried make him a king. I truly believe that he wouldn't have liked ornate buildings like they have now, some of them are totally ott, don't you think?

It's the love of money that's the root of all evil, so if we would find it hard to part with it, then that's when we love it.

It's better not to have too much, and if we truly have the love God in our hearts, then it should be very hard to keep a large bank balance when there are people in need around us.

Peace.

The only right way to worship, is to worship the father in spirit and in truth and to follow Jesus, Jesus told us to pray from the closets, God hears all our heartfelt prayers wherever we are, and Jesus came as an example for us to follow and he bore witness to the truth and showed us the true way to worship God. To live in a new and living way, living by the spirit and not by the lusts of the flesh. The material things of this world mean nothing to God, he doesn't want lip service and an outward show, God wants our hearts and he wants us to love him with our all and to care for those we meet and bring the love of God and Christ to them.

Robert Pate

Banned
Ok, you can think that. But it's irrelevant. We aren't talking about me.

If Christianity isn't a religion, then what is it, Robert?

And why did Jesus build His Church if, according to you, we don't need it?

Peace.

The word "Christianity" should be separated from the word "Religion."

Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is about a person, The Lord Jesus Christ.

The words "Law" and "Religion" mean the same thing. They are related. Religion is about doing the law. For the Christian there are no laws or rules. The Christian lives by faith and not according to rules or laws. This is why Paul wrote, "The letter (law) kills but the Spirit gives life."

Robert Pate

Banned
A religion is comprised of a community of believers practicing their beliefs, i.e. their faith.

I believe that there are more unsaved people in the organized church than there is outside of the church.

Faith is demonstrated, not practiced. We demonstrate our faith by being witnesses for Christ and his Gospel.

Nanja

Faith is demonstrated, not practiced. We demonstrate our faith by being witnesses for Christ and his Gospel.

The only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Holy Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

So if you have never been born again you are void of Faith and are preaching a false gospel of salvation by the works of man!

Robert Pate

Banned
The only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Holy Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

So if you have never been born again you are void of Faith and are preaching a false gospel of salvation by the works of man!

To be born again means that you hear and believe the Gospel, Ephesians 1:13. Just like in Acts 2:41.

You have never been born again because you don't believe the Gospel.

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible (Christ) by the word of God (The Gospel) which lives and abides for ever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Nanja

To be born again means that you hear and believe the Gospel, Ephesians 1:13. Just like in Acts 2:41.

Hearing and Believing the Gospel of God's Grace Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim. 1:9; Acts 20:24 is the result of New Birth.

Lost people can't hear or believe the Gospel, because it's hid from them, they're blinded by satan.

Cor. 4:3-4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So first God saves those He ordained to Eternal Life Acts 13:48 out of that lost state by New Birth
then by the Power of God, are they made able to Hear and Believe His Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor 2:13

John 8:43, 47
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The Gospel reveals to the Saved ones that they have the Righteousness of God charged to them Rom. 5:19.
It's a revelation given exclusively to those who are Believing by the Power of God Eph. 3:7.

Robert Pate

Banned
Hearing and Believing the Gospel of God's Grace Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim. 1:9; Acts 20:24 is the result of New Birth.

Lost people can't hear or believe the Gospel, because it's hid from them, they're blinded by satan.

Cor. 4:3-4
But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,
lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

So first God saves those He ordained to Eternal Life Acts 13:48 out of that lost state by New Birth
then by the Power of God, are they made able to Hear and Believe His Words which are Spiritual 1 Cor 2:13

John 8:43, 47
Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The Gospel reveals to the Saved ones that they have the Righteousness of God charged to them Rom. 5:19.
It's a revelation given exclusively to those who are Believing by the Power of God Eph. 3:7.

Your Calvinist God will not allow you to hear and believe the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You cannot be saved without faith in Christ and his Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. Salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Hebrews 2:9. Unfortunately your Calvinist God will not let you believe that. You are the blinded one, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4.

beloved57

Your Calvinist God will not allow you to hear and believe the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

You cannot be saved without faith in Christ and his Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. Salvation has been provided for everyone by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Hebrews 2:9. Unfortunately your Calvinist God will not let you believe that. You are the blinded one, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4.

Invalid comments not found in scripture.