Jesus Has ALREADY Reconciled Us and the World to God. No Religion Was Needed

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvinism, Catholicism, other religions, are a denial of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

"All things are of God, who has reconciled US, (you and me) to himself by Jesus Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

If you have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, then why do you need Calvinism, Catholicism or any religion?

I don't get it. Why would you need to be predestinated if you have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ? Why would you join the Catholic church or any religion if you have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ?

Not only did Jesus reconcile us to God, he reconciled the whole world unto God.

"God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Farewell to religion and all of the other "isms". We have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.

HOW DID JESUS RECONCILE US UNTO GOD?

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT?

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 4:14.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT?

If you believe those two statements, then you don't need any religion because you have been justified by faith and have peace with God, Romans 5:1.

If you don't believe those two statements, then you don't have the right to call yourself a Christian.

Calvinism, Catholicism, all religions are a denial of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To continue in them is to deny the saving work of Christ that was done in your name and on your behalf.

"Wherefore come out from among them and be separate unto me, saith the Lord and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you" 2 Corinthians 6:17.

fishrovmen

I don't get it.

Yes, we all know that by now. And years of trying to explain it has done nothing. It's truly amazing that you absolutely refuse to even try to understand the term "predestination", and would much rather post lies and extremely ignorant statements.
You have been told countless times by numerous people that predestination is in no way some kind of declaration that is not based in Christ and upon His sacrifice for sin.
Yet you continue to post ridiculous comments, supposing that a great number of people throughout the world actually believe what you state they believe.
Open your stopped up ears and your eyes that are squinted with contempt and actually read what is posted by those you perceive to be in error.
If you are honest, which I am not expecting, but at least MY God still performs miracles, you will see that YOU are the one with misunderstanding and error.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, we all know that by now. And years of trying to explain it has done nothing. It's truly amazing that you absolutely refuse to even try to understand the term "predestination", and would much rather post lies and extremely ignorant statements.
You have been told countless times by numerous people that predestination is in no way some kind of declaration that is not based in Christ and upon His sacrifice for sin.
Yet you continue to post ridiculous comments, supposing that a great number of people throughout the world actually believe what you state they believe.
Open your stopped up ears and your eyes that are squinted with contempt and actually read what is posted by those you perceive to be in error.
If you are honest, which I am not expecting, but at least MY God still performs miracles, you will see that YOU are the one with misunderstanding and error.

Please don't pull my statements out of context. That is a very unfair thing to do on a Forum.

I don't have to explain God's word, it speaks for itself, unfortunately you are spiritually deaf and unable to hear it.

If God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Then the only thing for you to do is to accept God's offer and be reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.

The word "predestination" is not used in the Bible as to someones salvation. There is no scripture in the Bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.

Nanja

Open your stopped up ears and your eyes

He can't do that.

Only God can for all those Christ died a Covenant death for!

Is. 42:6-7
I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Robert Pate

Banned
He can't do that.

Only God can for all those Christ died a Covenant death for!

Is. 42:6-7
I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

You are in denial of the Gospel of reconciliation. You have ALREADY been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. There is no need to be predestinated, even if you could be.

You are the one that is in darkness.

beloved57

Calvinism, Catholicism, other religions, are a denial of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

"All things are of God, who has reconciled US, (you and me) to himself by Jesus Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:18.

If you have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, then why do you need Calvinism, Catholicism or any religion?

I don't get it. Why would you need to be predestinated if you have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ? Why would you join the Catholic church or any religion if you have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ?

Farewell to religion and all of the other "isms". We have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.

HOW DID JESUS RECONCILE US UNTO GOD?

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT?

Jesus, in our name and on our behalf has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 4:14.

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT?

If you believe those two statements, then you don't need any religion because you have been justified by faith and have peace with God, Romans 5:1.

If you don't believe those two statements, then you don't have the right to call yourself a Christian.

Calvinism, Catholicism, all religions are a denial of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To continue in them is to deny the saving work of Christ that was done in your name and on your behalf.

"Wherefore come out from among them and be separate unto me, saith the Lord and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you" 2 Corinthians 6:17.

All people arent reconciled to God because some are condemned and under His Wrath!

fishrovmen

Please don't pull my statements out of context. That is a very unfair thing to do on a Forum.

I don't have to explain God's word, it speaks for itself, unfortunately you are spiritually deaf and unable to hear it.

If God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Then the only thing for you to do is to accept God's offer and be reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ.

The word "predestination" is not used in the Bible as to someones salvation. There is no scripture in the Bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.
I don't recall pulling your statements out of context.
You said that you don't get why predestination is needed and I can see that you clearly don't understand predestination, nor reconciliation.
You call reconciliation something that already happened for everyone in the world, yet you call it an "offer" also.
What is there to offer if the reconciliation has already taken place?

Robert Pate

Banned
I don't recall pulling your statements out of context.
You said that you don't get why predestination is needed and I can see that you clearly don't understand predestination, nor reconciliation.
You call reconciliation something that already happened for everyone in the world, yet you call it an "offer" also.
What is there to offer if the reconciliation has already taken place?

Reconciliation is a two way street.

Jesus has ALREADY reconciled you to God by his life, death and resurrection. But nothing is yours until it is received by faith.

God is not going to force you or impose upon you something that you may not want or believe in.

This is why the scripture says... "But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the Sons of God, even to then that believe upon his name" John 1:12.

God is extending his hand to you to be reconciled unto him by Jesus Christ. You can either accept his offer of reconciliation or you can reject it.

Bard_the_Bowman

Dear Robert,

Would you mind answering a question for me please? I am honestly interested in your answer. Thanks.

If Christianity isn't a religion, then what is it?

Here's something that I don't get. If you are correct....why in the world did Jesus Christ build HIS Church on earth? Matthew 16:18 has Jesus saying:

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."(NKJV)

Robert, why did Jesus bother to build HIS Church? What was the point of that? Do you think He expects anyone to join His Church? I mean, if we are already reconciled unto God...wasn't Jesus wasting His time in building HIS Church? According to your statements we don't need His Church.

Do you really think we should tell Jesus, "Sorry Jesus, Robert says that we don't need any Church"?

Thanks.

Robert Pate

Banned
Dear Robert,

Would you mind answering a question for me please? I am honestly interested in your answer. Thanks.

If Christianity isn't a religion, then what is it?

Here's something that I don't get. If you are correct....why in the world did Jesus Christ build HIS Church on earth? Matthew 16:18 has Jesus saying:

"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it."(NKJV)

Robert, why did Jesus bother to build HIS Church? What was the point of that? Do you think He expects anyone to join His Church? I mean, if we are already reconciled unto God...wasn't Jesus wasting His time in building HIS Church? According to your statements we don't need His Church.

Do you really think we should tell Jesus, "Sorry Jesus, Robert says that we don't need any Church"?

Thanks.

There are two churches on the earth.

1. The church that is conceived by man, which is the church of religion.

2. And then there is the true church. The true church does not have a building or a paid staff. It is the church of blood bought believers in Jesus Christ. It is an invisible church, that was founded on the work and the person of Jesus Christ. The purpose of this church is to be a witness for Christ and his Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
On the contrary, you're stating that the world is predestined to salvation in Christ. What Nanja is saying that Jesus did not die for all people but a select number of people. Which is wrong of course.

Not really.

The scripture says, "God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:19. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been abolished and Jesus is now Lord, Acts 2:36. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

Robert Pate

Banned
Not really to which point I spoke of? That Jesus blotted out the worlds sin? What's the difference between saying predestined and reconciled when referring to the work he did for the whole world? Isn't it predestined though. He prepared John the Baptist 6 months prior to the birth of Jesus. He prophesied and spoke of it for thousands of years in the word. Then he fulfilled what he set out to do. Are select people predestined? No... I think calvinism is wrong (and quite frankly I don't see how one can have comfort in that faith).

You just said that all sin, death and the devil have been abolished but you tell me all the time that you have sin still as it's impossible to be without sin.

There are two parts to the Christian. The spiritual and the physical.

Spiritually the Christian is perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. God only sees him "In Christ" Colossians 3:3.

Physically he is... "The chief of sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. He is still here on this earth in his Adanic body that is prone to sin.

We are called to walk in the Spirit, which is the Gospel and not to fulfill the lust of the flesh, which is the physical.

If you are perfect and complete "In Christ" then act like it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus, in our name and on our behalf has offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law.

Jesus was born and lived under the Law of Moses. How does that help those who are not subject to Mosaic law?

Besides, after Jesus bought the church he changed the law.

beloved57

There are two parts to the Christian. The spiritual and the physical.

Spiritually the Christian is perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. God only sees him "In Christ" Colossians 3:3.

Physically he is... "The chief of sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. He is still here on this earth in his Adanic body that is prone to sin.

We are called to walk in the Spirit, which is the Gospel and not to fulfill the lust of the flesh, which is the physical.

If you are perfect and complete "In Christ" then act like it.

You fulfill the lust of the flesh in false religion. You teach that salvation is by the will of the flesh of man.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus was born and lived under the Law of Moses. How does that help those who are not subject to Mosaic law?

Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law, for the Christian. Unbelievers will be judged by it.

After he fulfilled it, he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is the end and the fulfillment of the law, for the Christian.

Christians were never under Mosaic law. Who do you think nailed the Mosaic ordinances to the cross?

The Romans nailed Jesus to the cross, not ordinances.

Jesus changed the law for the church once he had purchased it.

That was his prerogative. He now owns it.

Robert Pate

Banned

Jesus was born under the law, lived under the law and died under the law.

Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21. In our name and on or behalf, Jesus fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law. After he fulfilled it, he abolished it, Ephesians 2:6.

This is why the Christian is not under it or subject to it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21. In our name and on or behalf, Jesus fulfilled all of the demands of God's Holy Law.

Why? The Mosaic law never applied to Christians. The Mosaic law applied to those to whom it was given.

Jesus' obedience to the law did not and could not do away with the law.

However, after Jesus bought God's church he was at liberty to change the law.

beloved57

False teaching

flintstoned

You do realize that the "US" that Paul is referring to here are believers, right? He is addressing the "church in Corinth and the Christians throughout Achaia." And yes, believers, ARE reconciled to God by Jesus.

I don't think anyone has said that religion is a requirement.

I can see that you don't get it. You don't seem to understand what predestination means. Predestination comes before reconciliation. God predestined (before the foundation of the world) that his elect would be reconciled to Him through belief in Jesus. He provided the means for this to happen through his grace.

What? The whole world has not already been reconciled. What gave you that idea?

I guess you don't know the difference between past tense and present tense? This says that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself. It doesn't say that He has already reconciled the world! That is the whole purpose of the gospel, the message and ministry of reconciliation: That Jesus provides the means to be reconciled to God.