It's All Buddha

BChristianK

dread_Helm said:
If "Paw's Parrot" is beating you in debate, I'm still beating you, whether I'm repeating what "Paw" said or not.
Whether its paw or you, is it really about winning?

Grace and Peace

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Flipper

Turbo:

I would suggest you go back and listen to some of Bob Enyart's shows on Michael Jackson then. Or read some threads on the Michael Jackson topic.

They've got him on the gallows already. Which is really against the spirit of "innocent until proven guilty" as I don't recall the Jackson trial being concluded yet.
Or maybe he thinks that there is enough evidence to conclude that Michael Jackson is guilty.

Do you object when someone refers to OJ Simpson as a murderer?

For the record: Enyart has never said that criminals should be punished without being found guilty in a trial.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Aussie Thinker

Turbo & Jack,

There is NO way you can interpret Jesus condoning the execution of homosexuals. If you are using the fact that he often reiterated following OT law as the right thing to do you MUST say breaking the Sabbath is punishable by execution ?
Jesus did endorse keeping the Sabbath, though under Roman occupation Israel did not have the authority to execute anyone. But the Sabbath laws were specifically for Israel as a symbol.

• "Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: 'Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you.'" Exodus 31:13

Jesus himself broke OT law (or allowed it) and in some things was in TOTAL disagreement with OT law. Like the Turn the other cheek vs eye for an eye.
No, as I already explained, Jesus endorsed the Law and regarded the Old Testament Scriptures as God's revealed truth. He was only in disagreement with people who misapplied or misinterpretted God's Law.

For instance, "eye for an eye" is a principle the government is to follow in punishing criminals. Individual citizens do not have the authority to punish criminals (but they are to give place to wrath, which is to be carried out by the government). And they certainly aren't to seek to "get even" with others over every petty thing. We are to "turn the other cheek" to petty offenses (like being slapped backhandedly, for instance). Jesus was not abolishing the "eye for an eye" principle as written in the Old Testament. He was pointing out where it was being misapplied.

How could Jesus say turn the other cheek and promote execution for ANY crime.
So do you think that Jesus abolished all criminal justice? Was He saying that the government was no longer to punish murderers in any way?

Jesus was VERY clear your punishment would be in the next life unless you repented… he NEVER talks of punishment in this life !
Yes He did. Did you even take the time to read this post?

TURN THE OTHER CHEEK AND
DO UNTO OTHERS..

I cannot see how you miss these two things as his expectations of human behaviour !
I didn't. But what I would have others do unto me is not to leave me alone when I am in error.

Aussie Thinker

BANNED
Banned
Turbo,

So you would have them EXECUTE you for your "error".. even if YOU didn't think you were in error.

You HONESTLY think that is what the JESUS of your Bible would have done.

JoyfulRook

Didn't say you did.. I said you would HAVE them execute you ?

Aren't you agreeing that homosexuals should be executed ???
I believe from what he's said, he thinks that homos should be executed.

Flipper

Turbo:

Or maybe he thinks that there is enough evidence to conclude that Michael Jackson is guilty.

If so, I guess he and I just place different premiums on the value of a man's life. I'd rather actually hear what the evidence is (as opposed to what is reported in the press) before reaching conclusions.

Doubly so if the case were a capital one. Otherwise, we veer towards the mentality of the lynch mob. And that has a much less satisfactory history than that of our flawed trial system.

Aussie Thinker

BANNED
Banned
Dread..

You think these people should be executed by the Government ?

The Government is YOU… (well when you grow up maybe)

Are you gunna step up and pull the switch on some poor dude whose only offence is following his natural desire ?

Are you going to personally execute your brother if he “accidentally” has sex with his wife during her menstrual period ?

Could you look someone in the face and pull the trigger even though THEY think your religion is a load of tripe and why should THEY obey its rules ?.. AND you have no WAY of disproving them.

Have you given even an ounce of thought to what you propose ?

Cyrus of Persia

It's actually sad that Dread sounds like someone who says to black: change your skin color, or die! He cannot deny the facts that some cases of homosexualism might be related with inherent biological inclinations, and homosexuality is not purely socialized habit.

But HEY! even Michael Jackson managed to change his skin color and maybe Dread sees the same possiblity for homos also :chuckle:

servent101

Cyrus of Persia
He cannot deny the facts that some cases of homosexualism might be related with inherent biological inclinations, and homosexuality is not purely socialized habit.

I am for letting secular humanists look after the affairs of secular humanity - and for letting Christians try to decide what exactly the Bible says. When Christians try to interpret what people in a society who have not recognized their need of God, who do not want to follow God, who seek sense gratification above the knowledge of God, it makes the Good News into a mockery of discourse.

When people decide to follow God, the habitual desire for sense gratification of all kinds, needs to be dealt with, and conforming to God's will, and the desire to understand God, is what our soul's desire needs to be. Vomiting out the lusts of the flesh are part of the process - and weather secular humanists understand the process or not - the world is arranged in such a way that people cannot face eternity in the debase nature of hankerings for desire - the pursuit of the flesh - simply bring wrath - and although what may seem enjoyable for a short time - in the long run it will bring misery and hardship - and eventually people will decide - one way or another, that to serve the senses is simply too painful of an ordeal to pursue for too many lifetimes.

The concept that any pursuit of sense gratification - sexual or otherwise, is in our eternal design, simply does not take into account eternity.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

JoyfulRook

Dread..

You think these people should be executed by the Government ?
:doh: I would have thought you were at least smart enough to pick up on that already. :doh:
Are you gunna step up and pull the switch on some poor dude whose only offence is following his natural desire ?
Yes, but I would prefer hanging. And Homosexualism is unnatural. They have the ability to change their lifestyle. It's not a "natural desire" Even if it was my brother yes.

Are you going to personally execute your brother if he “accidentally” has sex with his wife during her menstrual period ?
No. It was SYMMMMMBOLLLLIC and not applicable for us under the body!!!! I said that already.

Could you look someone in the face and pull the trigger even though THEY think your religion is a load of tripe and why should THEY obey its rules ?.. AND you have no WAY of disproving them.
Whether they acknowledge my God or not He still comdemns them. And "those rules" are moral laws, whether they agree or not. And yes, I would pull the trigger.

Have you given even an ounce of thought to what you propose ?
Ummmmm, No never. :shut: :rolleyes:

JoyfulRook

Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

It's actually sad that Dread sounds like someone who says to black: change your skin color, or die!
Actually Racism is evil. It's some pigment in someons skin. No more no less. It is not morally wrong to be black, tan, white, red, green, or blue. It sounds like from that comment that you are slightly racist.

He cannot deny the facts that some cases of homosexualism might be related with inherent biological inclinations, and homosexuality is not purely socialized habit.
I can and I will, because that statment is false. We've got evidence on tape. Buy "Terry's Call" from Bob Enyart and watch how that scumbag got turned around into a neat guy. He sadly died on his way to Denver though. And Guess what from. AIDS. You liberal softies would kill these people without even giving them a chance to repent. You're the "meanies" Poly is talking about in her thread.

But HEY! even Michael Jackson managed to change his skin color and maybe Dread sees the same possiblity for homos also :chuckle:
Well he is living proof that a poor black boy can grow up to be a rich white woman... :chuckle:

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Dread Helm

No. It was SYMMMMMBOLLLLIC and not applicable for us under the body!!!! I said that already.

You are correct - you said that. It's not what the Bible says. I wonder from where such people come from who are full of "holy" hatred against homos, but when they encounter the similar laws against other people (like those who have sex during this menstruational period) they say that it's symbolical.

I can say that all Bible is symbolical and interpret is however i want and it does not make me worser than you.

You just interpretate the Bible according your own desires, and it's actually sad that people who have no knowledge about the things they are talking about want to kill others.

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Dread Helm

Actually Racism is evil. It's some pigment in someons skin. No more no less. It is not morally wrong to be black, tan, white, red, green, or blue.

And your wish to kill all homos is not evil? You would leave all other sinners alone and pick up only one category of sinners and hang them. How much does it differ from the racism?

It sounds like from that comment that you are slightly racist.

It sounds from your reply to my comment that you are slightly lacking of understanding what i wanted to say. But again - i do not expect any 12 year old boy to understand all that adults are saying.

I can and I will, because that statment is false. We've got evidence on tape. Buy "Terry's Call" from Bob Enyart and watch how that scumbag got turned around into a neat guy.

Of course those cases are possible. As is possible someone to change his skin. But why should i listen some tape full of fundy speech, when i can ask it from professionals who have studied years about homosexualism?

Well he is living proof that a poor black boy can grow up to be a rich white woman... :chuckle:

Good joke :chuckle:

Aussie Thinker

BANNED
Banned
Dread,

I would have thought you were at least smart enough to pick up on that already.

I know you struggle to understand some things but that was a conversational device to establish YOUR assertion.

Yes, but I would prefer hanging. And Homosexualism is unnatural. They have the ability to change their lifestyle. It's not a "natural desire" Even if it was my brother yes.

You peabrain.. what about sheep and cows that are PROVEN to be homosexual. Did they make a lifestyle choice. Some if not most homosexuality is NATURAL.. therefore granted by YOUR God !

Not that I think you can understand it as we have reiterated it 10 times already.. but WHY do YOU get to pick and choose what is symbolic and what isn’t ?.. Your rant about homosexuals is a classic cry because of latent tendencies !

I can only conclude that your own latent desire for other males disgusts you and you fight it and therefore grow to hate it and everything homosexuals represent.

Whether they acknowledge my God or not He still comdemns them. And "those rules" are moral laws, whether they agree or not. And yes, I would pull the trigger.

If only you were old enough to understand the ridiculousness of this argument.

What if I told you MY religion condemns redneck homo haters to death. My God commands it.

Ummmmm, No never.

Didn’t think so !

Actually Racism is evil. It's some pigment in someons skin. No more no less. It is not morally wrong to be black, tan, white, red, green, or blue. It sounds like from that comment that you are slightly racist.

He made that comment to SHOW how it is wrong.. once you get of PAWS favourite topic which you parrot well.. you really start to seem more like a 12 YO.

I can and I will, because that statment is false. We've got evidence on tape. Buy "Terry's Call" from Bob Enyart and watch how that scumbag got turned around into a neat guy. He sadly died on his way to Denver though. And Guess what from. AIDS. You liberal softies would kill these people without even giving them a chance to repent. You're the "meanies" Poly is talking about in her thread.

What hypocrisy.. you are the one promoting DEATH to homos.. what chance are you giving them to “repent”

Well he is living proof that a poor black boy can grow up to be a rich white woman...

Now think up a joke of your own !