It's All Buddha

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

What customs did they violate? Looks to me like they just came to check the place out.

I think my responses to Dread are enough to get som overview.

I think you've got that backwards, Cyrus. Sin isn't the root of evil -- evil is the root of sin.

It can be one way, or another.

Paul said that when the law came sin in him was activated. Sinning lead him to more evil.

But your point is right too: If a person is born evil, he does sin. But what about those who get evil because of the society and their practice of societal sins?

Seems to me like eggs and chickens. Or was it chickens and eggs? :chuckle:

JoyfulRook

Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

Seems you have no knowledges about prisoners who do such things with their co-mates.

But as you are only 12 years old, you have time to learn more about it.
What does that have to do with what is right and wrong?

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by Cyrus of Persia

I think my responses to Dread are enough to get som overview.

I read your response to Dread, but I don't buy the explanation you gave. Why would Lot need his neighbors' permission to have overnight guests, and how do you know that was the custom in Sodom?

It can be one way, or another.

Paul said that when the law came sin in him was activated. Sinning lead him to more evil.

But your point is right too: If a person is born evil, he does sin. But what about those who get evil because of the society and their practice of societal sins?

Last time I checked, everybody was born evil. Of course, some people are more evil than others...

Seems to me like eggs and chickens. Or was it chickens and eggs? :chuckle:

The chicken came first.

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

I read your response to Dread, but I don't buy the explanation you gave. Why would Lot need his neighbors' permission to have overnight guests, and how do you know that was the custom in Sodom?

I dont mean to convince anyone. I just give out the explanations what i know. As i said, i have heard it and i'm not sure how correctly i recall it. It was some lecture i attended 2 years ago, so i do not have any reference to give atm. When i get the time, i might bother to look is there anything about it in web. But i think it would we waste of time, because you would not believe it anyway.

Last time I checked, everybody was born evil. Of course, some people are more evil than others...

It's all wrong. I didnt wanted it to be linguistic battle, so i edit my post and say: if you look at description of Hesekiel about the sin of Sodom you can see where their quilt was. I'm sorry that i wrote it so easily that it took us into the debate, what is too off the topic.

The chicken came first.

:chuckle:

erinmarie

I watched it with my daughter a couple months ago. She thought some of it was funny. I prefer Wallace and Gromit, ever see that?

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by erinmarie

I watched it with my daughter a couple months ago. She thought some of it was funny. I prefer Wallace and Gromit, ever see that?

Nope.

Actually i cannot say do i have normal sense of humor, or not, so i can only suggest those what i have enjoyed. Like Monthy Python, etc :cool:

erinmarie

Yeah "This parrot is most certainly dead"
"No it's not"
haha
My dad was really into Monty Python when I was little. His favorite skit was the comfy chair, and the ministry of funny walks. :ha:

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by erinmarie

Yeah "This parrot is most certainly dead"
"No it's not"
haha
My dad was really into Monty Python when I was little. His favorite skit was the comfy chair, and the ministry of funny walks. :ha:

:darwinsm: :thumb:

JoyfulRook

"A coconut? How do you get a coconut?"
"Maybe a swallow carried it!"
"Was that an english swallow, or an african swallow?"

Yah, that was funny. :darwinsm:

Duder

Over 750 post club
Erinmarie -

"Cardinal Biggles? Poke him with the soft cusions!

"Confess! Confess!

"He must be made of stronger stuff. Get . . . THE COMFY CHAIR!"

Aussie Thinker

BANNED
Banned
Dread,

If you think you are getting the better of me in this debate then maybe you are only 12...lol.. cause only a child would think their argument for execution of homosexuals was winning !

I am loathe to give you any credit for your lucitidy if you are actually 12.. it is just sad that you don't use your talent for Goodness rather than EVIL...

BTW If you think I am insulting you .. you have even more to learn. I am insulting your parents and your views.. they are what has corrupted you.

BTW2 Backwater is JUST as common and expression as Backwoods (although your way of thinking is backWARDS.).. It clearly expresses that you come from somewhere where education and tolerance are in SHORT supply.

BTW3 I wonder what you thought of MP skit about the SPANISH INQUISITION.. they obviously detested your ridiculous way of thinking too.

Jack..

I notice you avoided Adajos question ?

Freak

Originally posted by Dread Helm

Amen, and then they should be executed.
Dread, did Paul command these homosexuals to seek the death penalty? Seems to me Paul was giving us insight to a better way of dealing with homosexuality--the redemption of Christ...

Do you think the Gospel or the the death penalty is a more effective way of changing, in a redemptive manner, a man's behavior?

Freak

Originally posted by BChristianK

And adultery wasn't a form of criminal sexual immorality in the economy of the law?

Sabbath braking wasn’t a form of criminal cultic immorality in the economy of the law?

Again no one has been able to explain to me why a dispensationalist would carry a penalty against homosexuality given during the dispensation of Law into the current dispensation while leaving the penalties of Sabbath breaking and adultery behind.

I don't expect Dread to be able to do this since he is twelve, but I would expect you to be able to do this turbo.

So lets do what Bob Hill urges us to do and lets test things that differ.

So why in this dispensation, according to Pastor Hill, is the enmity of the Law of commandments contained in ordinances abolished in the flesh of Christ in regards to the penalty of Sabbath keeping but not in regards to the penalty of homosexuality?

What scriptural reason can you give me to accept that this OT ordinance is special?

Grace and Peace
:chuckle:

Freak

Originally posted by Dread Helm

(Not to mention that David and The Woman will probably get "more stripes" at Judgement Day)
Huh? Is this a Enyart teaching?

Murder, Sexual Immorality, and Kidnapping, continue to be punishable with death, while things like the breaking of the Sabbath are not, because they are of the Law.
The New Covenant does not support this. :down:

I would really recommend reading the Plot. I am reading through it for the third time, and really think it would help you in your Christian walk.
I'd recommend reading the Bible over any plot materials. Stop boasting about man and boast about Jesus.

erinmarie

I was trying to highjack this thread and turn it into a more fun, light-hearted thread. But once again I was thwarted!!!