ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think that a big part of it is that many here on TOL do not respect God's choice of Israel and cannot see that they will be restored. The book of Revelation is just completely saturated with "Israelisms" and they just completely ignore every single one (eg. synagogue of Satan).

The restoration of Israel began with Christ's atoning death, and the joining of all men of faith into one nation of Israel, a spiritual people, all under one Shepherd and King, and one covenant.

You are under no covenant.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think that a big part of it is that many here on TOL do not respect God's choice of Israel and cannot see that they will be restored. The book of Revelation is just completely saturated with "Israelisms" and they just completely ignore every single one (eg. synagogue of Satan).

Yep! The act of ignoring yields ignorance.

glorydaz

I do not know how those who mix the Bible all together can study it and remain sane. It would drive me nuts to study it with the idea that all of it was for my obedience.

It forces them to pick and choose what they obey....as we've all seen by every worker on here. "Everything" has got to be the most absurd answer of them all. :chuckle:

glorydaz

What I find even more incredible is how they refuse to see what's going on in the Middle East today...chalking it all up to coincidence. :dead:

glorydaz

A huge coincidence! :nono:
Yeah, the Jews said for years, "Next year in Jerusalem", scattered as they were all over the world...persecuted without end. Then, after nearly two thousand years, they have their own nation...exactly as predicted in the Bible. Now, they are in the crosshairs, and it's just a "fluke". :nono:

whitestone

lol,their defiantly gathered together to fulfill a prophecy,as long as they weren't again a nation they could not fulfill it. The lord came in the name of our father and they did not receive him,now they will receive the one who comes in his own name.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are neither funny nor articulate.

There is a reason that God had Paul tell us to rightly divide the scripture, but you prefer to make mashed potatoes out of it.

There is a reason that God raised Paul when He had already told the 12 to go to all the world. But you probably think that 13 is a lucky number.

Yep!

heir

TOL Subscriber
You are the one who preaches two gospels.

LA
I preach the gospel Paul preached. I've got nothing to worry about. You on the other hand...

2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Thessalonians 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I preach the gospel Paul preached. I've got nothing to worry about. You on the other hand...

2 Thessalonians 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Thessalonians 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

You claim the gospel preached by Peter was another gospel to that preached by Paul.

How can you condemn to hell any who have come to Christ through the gospel preached by Peter? when it is the same gospel preached by Paul.

(You can but the Lord does not.)

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

LA

fzappa13

Truly, it's not that easy for one to see beyond what he/she has been indoctrinated with,
i.e. the doctrines of men ... chief witness: the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine!
Prepare now to go through all kinds of hell soon ... you are NOT going to be raptured!
Have believers in other countries been raptured?
No, instead they are having their heads chopped off. Hello!

During his 17 years in the desert regions, Paul was trained by Jesus to ...
write to the churches with extreme tact ... so as to NOT discourage believers!
Paul's dire warnings were surrounded by multitudes of ...
exhortations, edifications, encouragements, promises, opinions, etc.
Indeed, for some readers, Paul's warnings are actually camouflaged.

However, the sons/daughters of God are those who are led by God's Spirit (Romans 8:14).
ALL spiritual Truth comes via spiritual revelation from God
... not by reading and believing the doctrines of men.

And Jesus did the exact same thing as what He taught Paul to do
... when He wrote to the 7 churches in Revelation 2 and 3.
Jeeze, Louise ... was He actually threatening loss of salvation to believers
in those 7 churches? ... Well, He definitely was in Revelation 3:18 ...
the Laodicean believers needed to get white garments, which are the clothes of
worthy overcomers whose names are in the Book of Life (Revelation 3:4-5).

Well, other than the 17 years (it was three if I recall correctly) you have a point. This little name it and claim it crew that sees their only responsibility as Christians as being to make real sure no one who claims the name of Christ does anything lest they try and earn their salvation is largely responsible for the salt having lost it savor. If your belief in the word of God doesn't manifest itself in your life in such a manner that others are positively effected then of what use was it?

... and then there is the lie that those who believe this word are going to duck the suffering their champion had to endure. God said the generation that would precede His Son's return would have no love of the truth and I have seen nothing that would make me argue against that point. These little one line wonders repping each other think that, in some perverse way, they are doing God's will. They likely are but not in the way they imagine. I suspect Betty Bowers and her crew are in for a little suprise.

ZacharyB

Well, other than the 17 years (it was three if I recall correctly) you have a point.
This little name it and claim it crew that sees their only responsibility as Christians as being to make real sure no one who claims the name of Christ does anything lest they try and earn their salvation is largely responsible for the salt having lost it savor. If your belief in the word of God doesn't manifest itself in your life in such a manner that others are positively effected
then of what use was it?

... and then there is the lie that those who believe this word are going to duck the suffering their champion had to endure. God said the generation that would precede His Son's return would have no love of the truth and I have seen nothing that would make me argue against that point. These little one line wonders repping each other think that, in some perverse way, they are doing God's will. They likely are but not in the way they imagine. I suspect Betty Bowers and her crew are in for a little suprise.
17 years ... end of Galatians 1 + start of Galatians 2.

The grace-only crowd now comprises a huge % of the Laodicean church.
They are part of what Jesus considers to be garbage false Christians
... see His description of them in Rev 3.
They need to buy white garments from Him, which are the clothes of
worthy overcomers whose names are in the Book of Life (Revelation 3:4-5).

To warn of these things is why I'm here.

musterion

... and so yet another thread has died under the weight doctrinal back patting. To what end?

If you think we who believe in UESIC are unsaved, give us the gospel you think will save us.

If you think we are saved but in error, leave it to the Lord to straighten us out.

Whichever you do, make your comments constructive.