ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
17 years ... end of Galatians 1 + start of Galatians 2.

The grace-only crowd now comprises a huge % of the Laodicean church.
They are part of what Jesus considers to be garbage false Christians
... see His description of them in Rev 3.
They need to buy white garments from Him, which are the clothes of
worthy overcomers whose names are in the Book of Life (Revelation 3:4-5).

To warn of these things is why I'm here.

You consider "Grace Believers" to be garbage? Somethings wrong with you.

fzappa13

If you think we who believe in UESIC are unsaved, give us the gospel you think will save us.

If you think we are saved but in error, leave it to the Lord to straighten us out.

Whichever you do, make your comments constructive.

Well, I hit the Strong's and couldn't find a match for UESIC. You might want to elaborate for the benefit of those who study the Bible and yet remain ignorant of this term.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It forces them to pick and choose what they obey....as we've all seen by every worker on here. "Everything" has got to be the most absurd answer of them all. :chuckle:

It is wise to obey everything the Lord speaks to one, but to define what you ought to obey by the doctrines of man which cut out the book of James and the sermon on the mount, and as you claim, obey nothing at all, is just suicide.

What do you claim to obey???

LA

glorydaz

If the Bible doesn't define it or say it and it takes you to put it forth and clarify it that's the first hint that you have likely embraced a doctrine of man.

He said it's in this thread. That's the hint...not what you say is a hint. :chuckle:

That means it's been discussed and you need to scroll back to find it. He's had to explain it several times already, and he doesn't feel like telling every Johnny come lately what it stands for.

glorydaz

It is wise to obey everything the Lord speaks to one, but to define what you ought to obey by the doctrines of man which cut out the book of James and the sermon on the mount, and as you claim, obey nothing at all, is just suicide.

What do you claim to obey???

LA

You haven't a clue what I "claim". And your jumping to conclusions about the "doctrines of men" is getting so old.

The obedience of faith is believing and walking by faith. Not following a list of rules. I set my affections on things above...not on things of this world. Each day is a new day and presents it's own challenges....I merely do what I know to be right for me to do.

fzappa13

He said it's in this thread. That's the hint...not what you say is a hint. :chuckle:

That means it's been discussed and you need to scroll back to find it. He's had to explain it several times already, and he doesn't feel like telling every Johnny come lately what it stands for.

Well, maybe he'll eventually answer for himself ... but, until then, he's always got you. ;)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You haven't a clue what I "claim". And your jumping to conclusions about the "doctrines of men" is getting so old.

The obedience of faith is believing and walking by faith. Not following a list of rules. I set my affections on things above...not on things of this world. Each day is a new day and presents it's own challenges....I merely do what I know to be right for me to do.

So there is nothing of what Christ said you claim to obey????

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
I advise you to not take the mark.
Everyone who does ... takes Satan's mark.
Those going along with his plan will be thrown into the lake of fire!
:darwinsm: I'm not going to be here to take it and neither is anyone else who is in the Body of Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
17 years ... end of Galatians 1 + start of Galatians 2.

The grace-only crowd now comprises a huge % of the Laodicean church.
They are part of what Jesus considers to be garbage false Christians
... see His description of them in Rev 3.
They need to buy white garments from Him, which are the clothes of
worthy overcomers whose names are in the Book of Life (Revelation 3:4-5).

To warn of these things is why I'm here.
We are in the but now (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). Better get with God's plan (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) in Romans through Philemon! Get saved and 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV as the Body of Christ is not appointed to wrath (Romans 5:9 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe yet your posts are VOID of the good news. How will anyone be saved by all of your bad news?

So you say Christ's words of warnings are bad news.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

LA

fzappa13

So you say Christ's words of warnings are bad news.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

LA

Well, it's surely bad news for the disobedient. That said, I think if you gather Christ's warnings to the scribes and Pharisees and examine them as whole it would appear that hypocrisy was their chief sin in His eyes.