ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, it's surely bad news for the disobedient. That said, I think if you gather Christ's warnings to the scribes and Pharisees and examine them as whole it would appear that hypocrisy was their chief sin in His eyes.

The MADists here disregard the book of James and the sermon on the mount.

No wonder they do.

LA

fzappa13

The MADists here disregard the book of James and the sermon on the mount.

No wonder they do.

LA

I would not care to speak in such broad terms about a group of people that I don't know that well but I have noted in the past that some folks' Bible might be comfortably carried around in a manila folder.

glorydaz

Jdg 17:6 In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes.

You need to begin to obey Christ, instead of making up your own rules.

LA

Quite the difference...not that you'd know it. I honestly don't expect you to understand what I'm saying. That's why I, like many others on here, don't even bother trying to explain it. You inevitably say something like you just did. I have the mind of Christ because His Spirit dwells in me. Instead of quoting from the OT or the gospels, you might read what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul.

1 Cor. 2:11-12 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1 Cor. 2:13-14 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Cor. 2:15-16 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

glorydaz

I would not care to speak in such broad terms about a group of people that I don't know that well but I have noted in the past that some folks' Bible might be comfortably carried around in a manila folder.

Actually, it's quite clear you are very practiced at speaking of what you don't know....and you must care to do it, or you'd simply cease doing it. :chew:

glorydaz

So you say Christ's words of warnings are bad news.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

LA

LA wants to live under the schoolmaster. When faith comes, LA, you can graduate into LIFE. Of course you will have no response to this verse, will you? Compare it to the one you quoted.....

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

fzappa13

Actually, it's quite clear you are very practiced at speaking of what you don't know....and you must care to do it, or you'd simply cease doing it. :chew:

Instead of quoting from the OT or the gospels, you might read what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul.

As my dearly departed father used to say, "The hit dog barks". :chuckle:

heir

TOL Subscriber
So you say Christ's words of warnings are bad news.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

LA
Thank God that was not written to us as we are in the "but now" where "the righteousness of God which is by faith OF Jesus Christ" is "unto all and upon all them that believe"!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quite the difference...not that you'd know it. I honestly don't expect you to understand what I'm saying. That's why I, like many others on here, don't even bother trying to explain it. You inevitably say something like you just did. I have the mind of Christ because His Spirit dwells in me. Instead of quoting from the OT or the gospels, you might read what the Risen Lord revealed to Paul.

Paul said he had the mind of Christ, not that you do.

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

You missed that bit when you divided up God's word to suit your own carnal mind.

You take all the good bits to refer to yourself whether they be true of you or not. It is called the sin of presumption.

It is easy to discern that Heir has not the mind of Christ when she calls me a liar.

That is the sort of thing epidemic among your people, when you have nothing to prove your assertion that there are two gospels for two peoples.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

You missed that bit when you divided up God's word to suit your own carnal mind.

You take all the good bits to refer to yourself whether they be true of you or not. It is called the sin of presumption.

It is easy to discern that Heir has not the mind of Christ when she calls me a liar.

That is the sort of thing epidemic among your people, when you have nothing to prove your assertion that there are two gospels for two peoples.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

LA

Is your IQ equal to your shoe size still?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Good post Glorydaz. Some of these Knuckleheads don't have the ability to learn anything.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

LA

You're one of those, "Unlearnables."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He said it's in this thread. That's the hint...not what you say is a hint. :chuckle:

That means it's been discussed and you need to scroll back to find it. He's had to explain it several times already, and he doesn't feel like telling every Johnny come lately what it stands for.

Zappa is another, "Unlearnable."

ZacharyB

I'm not going to be here to take it (the mark of the beast)
and neither is anyone else who is in the Body of Christ (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 KJV)!
Wouldest thou likest to see 4 pages full of proofs that
the pre-trib rapture doctrine is false (i.e. from the pits of hell)?
Your answer: NO

But, perhaps I'll post 'em for others who are open to spiritual Truth.
Which ain't thou, that's for sure.
Another ain't for ya ... Ain't the doctrines of men great?

ZacharyB

How will anyone be saved by all of your bad news?
Okay, I've decided:
You win the contest with Pandora/Tandora for the most clueless woman here.
Now the contest is between you and the Totty-baby.
But, there are others under consideration.
Please stay tuned 'cause the jury's still out.

Heads Up:
God has always tried to save people through His dire warnings!
And I'm merely quoting His dire warnings.
End of Heads Up

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Okay, I've decided:
You win the contest with Pandora/Tandora for the most clueless woman here.
Now the contest is between you and the Totty-baby.
But, there are others under consideration.
Please stay tuned 'cause the jury's still out.

Heads Up:
God has always tried to save people through His dire warnings!
And I'm merely quoting His dire warnings.
End of Heads Up

I don't see any quotes in this post, please warn us more.