ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

heir

TOL Subscriber
To fulfill scripture.

That's the good news by which you are saved, that Christ died "to fulfill scripture"? That is not the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. Christ died on the cross for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV! That is the gospel by which we are saved! Have you had a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord believing IT as all sufficient to save you apart from anything you do, have done or will do?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It's such a simple question to answer yet it takes some several minutes to answer if at all...

before I knew of 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV - I would have said " that Jesus Christ died for my sins and I am saved because He died for me. I didn't realize the full distinction between doing something to keep my salvation and the fact that there is nothing I CAN do or need to do, Christ does it all. I didn't know yet of Ephesians 1:13 KJV -

heir

TOL Subscriber
So it wasn't that Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day. Wow. So you didn't trust the Lord believing the why of the cross/the what Christ did for you as the means for salvation even though that's the good news that is the power of God to save you?! And what about the fact that our salvation was unsearchable in "the scriptures"?!

Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
2Co 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

Rev 3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
Rev 3:4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Rev 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

The GRACE of God is only received in vain when man thinks he has to lend God a hand in order to receive it.

Eph. 2:7-9
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

LA, since you aren't hid with Christ in God, you probably SHOULD heed those verses. :plain:

2Co 6:1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.
2Co 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
2Co 6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
2Co 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
2Co 6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
2Co 6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
2Co 6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
2Co 6:8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
2Co 6:9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
2Co 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
2Co 6:11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
2Co 6:12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
2Co 6:13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.
2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Why would Paul say this if none ever needed to heed the instructions therein?

Does Glorydaz know what the unclean thing is??

I doubt that she does.

LA

fzappa13

So it wasn't that Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day. Wow. So you didn't trust the Lord believing the why of the cross/the what Christ did for you as the means for salvation even though that's the good news that is the power of God to save you?! And what about the fact that our salvation was unsearchable in "the scriptures"?!

Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV

You're a young lady whose head is full of the doctrines of men. These doctrines have you believing in salvation via proper doctrine. Doctrine does not save. The author of your salvation does. Christ and Him crucified. Paul distilled it to that. You hang your hat on Paul ... hear him.

Right Divider

Body part
You're a young lady whose head is full of the doctrines of men. These doctrines have you believing in salvation via proper doctrine. Doctrine does not save. The author of your salvation does. Christ and Him crucified. Paul distilled it to that. You hang your hat on Paul ... hear him.
She sticks to the doctrines in scripture. You are the one that is confused.

ZacharyB

You hang your hat on Paul ... hear him.
Truly, it's not that easy for one to see beyond what he/she has been indoctrinated with,
i.e. the doctrines of men ... chief witness: the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine!
Prepare now to go through all kinds of hell soon ... you are NOT going to be raptured!
Have believers in other countries been raptured?
No, instead they are having their heads chopped off. Hello!

During his 17 years in the desert regions, Paul was trained by Jesus to ...
write to the churches with extreme tact ... so as to NOT discourage believers!
Paul's dire warnings were surrounded by multitudes of ...
exhortations, edifications, encouragements, promises, opinions, etc.
Indeed, for some readers, Paul's warnings are actually camouflaged.

However, the sons/daughters of God are those who are led by God's Spirit (Romans 8:14).
ALL spiritual Truth comes via spiritual revelation from God
... not by reading and believing the doctrines of men.

And Jesus did the exact same thing as what He taught Paul to do
... when He wrote to the 7 churches in Revelation 2 and 3.
Jeeze, Louise ... was He actually threatening loss of salvation to believers
in those 7 churches? ... Well, He definitely was in Revelation 3:18 ...
the Laodicean believers needed to get white garments, which are the clothes of
worthy overcomers whose names are in the Book of Life (Revelation 3:4-5).

Right Divider

Body part
You have rightly called yourself a divider.
You are neither funny nor articulate.

There is a reason that God had Paul tell us to rightly divide the scripture, but you prefer to make mashed potatoes out of it.

There is a reason that God raised Paul when He had already told the 12 to go to all the world. But you probably think that 13 is a lucky number.

Right Divider

Body part
Truly, it's not that easy for one to see beyond what he/she has been indoctrinated with,
i.e. the doctrines of men ... chief witness: the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine!
Prepare now to go through all kinds of hell soon ... you are NOT going to be raptured!
Have believers in other countries been raptured?
No, instead they are having their heads chopped off. Hello!
Clueless as the day is long.

The catching away has NOT occurred yet.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're a young lady whose head is full of the doctrines of men.
LOL

These doctrines have you believing in salvation via proper doctrine.
Nope. There is a gospel that is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and we are made fellowheirs and partakers of Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV).
Doctrine does not save.
Not eternally, but it will save me and them that hear thee from your MUD (mixed up doctrine) 1 Timothy 4:16 KJV.
The author of your salvation does.
I trusted the Lord believing His faith and finished work in my place and am saved from wrath (Romans 5:9 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV) which is more than I can say for you since you can't even get the words out of your mouth why Christ died. You don't believe it was because of your sins. You reject the why of the cross as all sufficient to save you.