ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

ZacharyB

Well, it's surely bad news for the disobedient.
Reasons why believers pay no attention to God's dire warnings
-- ignorance
-- deceived
-- disobedient
-- laziness
-- stubbornness
-- pride
Choose your poison

Jesus gives warnings to everyone (including believers) in the 4 gospels.
Jesus gives warnings to believers in Revelation.
The epistle writers give warnings to believers in their letters to the churches.
Lots of warnings from the Lord to believers!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
-- ignorance
-- deceived
-- disobedient
-- laziness
-- stubbornness
-- pride
Choose your poison

The epistle writers give warnings to believers in their letters to the churches.

1 John 2:2 KJV - Romans 3:25 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:18 KJV -

2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:20 KJV - 2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV -

ZacharyB

Jane,
I'm waiting for your blinders to come off ... like SaulToPaul,
who has started to see the light about some of these things.
Please, try to have an open mind when you read the Scriptures.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The more I study the NT the more WARNINGS I see,
but all the while … most pastors are preaching GRACE!
Most of the NT was written to born-again Christians in the churches,
so many warnings were written to YOU (if indeed you are born-again).
However, most believers today are blind to them (for several reasons).
Dozens of verses WARN: If you choose to keep on sinning without
serious confession and repentance (sincere regret and desire to change),
you will fall from grace and forfeit your salvation!

• “… everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.” (1 John 2:29)

• “… whoever (reverentially) fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him”
(Acts 10:35)

• “… you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether (slaves) of sin leading to death,
OR (slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness … so now present your members as slaves
of righteousness for holiness … the wages of sin is (eternal) death” (Romans 6:16, 19, 23)

• “For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death
the (sinful) deeds of the body, you will live. For as many as are led by God’s Spirit,
these are sons of God.” (Romans 8:13-14)

• Jesus warned: And these (the unrighteous) will go away into everlasting punishment,
but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:46)

• “To not obey is to not believe” is taught in Hebrews 3:18-19 …
which links back to the applicable examples of: sinning (3:17), rebelling (3:16),
hardening of the heart (3:15), and not remaining faithful (3:14).

• “Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved,
he will receive the crown of (eternal) life … But each one is tempted when he is drawn
away by his own desires … Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin;
and sin when it is full-grown brings forth (eternal) death.” (James 1:12-16)

• “Be faithful until death and I will give you the crown of (eternal) life.” (Revelation 2:10)

• Everyone who is cowardly (fearful), unbelieving (includes unfaithful), abominable,
murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in
the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

• “… reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men” (2 Peter 3:7)
Yes, everyone who is ungodly will be thrown into the lake of fire!

• Jesus is coming back for:
“… a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing …
holy and without blemish.” (Ephesians 5:27)
“… holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God” (Hebrews 12:14)

• To continue your progressive sanctification unto holiness,
it is critical to regularly confess and repent of your sins …
“IF we walk in the light … the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin
… IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us (of) our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:7-9)

In the contexts you are erring. Take Galations for example. Paul has defended against the accusation that Gentiles must be circumcised in order to follow Christ (see Acts 15). Paul says to try to operate in daily life by following the Torah one no longer lives by faith but by sight in these outward rules of law, he has fallen from grace living and is attempting to attain spiritual maturity thru the works of the law of Moses beginning with circumcision. He says you might as well cut the whole thing off bro. You ain't gonna get spiritual maturity thru any set of do's and dont's but only by faith in the finished work of the cross plus nothing. Until you live your life everyday believing in that act of God on your behalf, you are failing to follow the Messiah.

fzappa13

-- ignorance
-- deceived
-- disobedient
-- laziness
-- stubbornness
-- pride
Choose your poison

Well, the warnings are there and the reassurances are there as well. To embrace one and leave the other is the equivalent of trying to spend one side of a coin. Regardless of which side of the coin it is, you just can't do it. Both the warnings and the reassurances are true. The challenge for those who claim to believe the Word of God is to find some way to embrace both.

glorydaz

Well, the warnings are there and the reassurances are there as well. To embrace one and leave the other is the equivalent of trying to spend one side of a coin. Regardless of which side of the coin it is, you just can't do it. Both the warnings and the reassurances are true. The challenge for those who claim to believe the Word of God is to find some way to embrace both.

The warnings are there for one thing....to lead us to Christ. Profitable for only one thing. Once faith has come, we are no longer under the "schoolmaster". Gal. 3:24-25 The direction is forward (toward God and toward our Lord Jesus Christ.) Leave those warning for those they are meant for, and the purpose for which they were given.

Acts 20:20-21
And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, Testifying both to the Jews, also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

fzappa13

The warnings are there for one thing....to lead us to Christ. Profitable for only one thing. Once faith has come, we are no longer under the "schoolmaster". Gal. 3:24-25 The direction is forward (toward God and toward our Lord Jesus Christ.) Leave those warning for those they are meant for, and the purpose for which they were given.

And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, Testifying both to the Jews, also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

The scriptures you offered are applicable to just about any subject you would care to address making them of little value in substantiating your claim. They could just as easily be said to be supportive of anyone elses in the thread. What is implied in your point but goes unsaid yet in this thread is that you think your salvation is a done deal, therefor you have no need to heed God's or Paul's warnings because they are not applicable to you because of your faith.

I would suggest that God indeed knows whose name is in the book of life but you don't and that is why He has warned those who would start the race and not finish. Paul did not even attempt to lay claim to his crown till he found himself on his deathbed having finished the race he started at Jesus' behest. Those who throw up their hands in victory having just responded to the starting gun do themselves and others a disservice.

This notion that "there is a new name written in heaven" the minute someone utters a particular denominational "abracadabra" is directly responsible for the Gospel of Christ being neutered to the point it finds a bunch of backpatters pecking away at their computers congratulating themselves for doing nothing as it were some sort of proof of their faith.

Very, very sad.

Last edited:

glorydaz

The scriptures you offered are applicable to just about any subject you would care to address making them of little value in substantiating your claim. They could just as easily said to be supportive anyone elses in the thread. What is implied in your point but goes unsaid yet in this thread is that you think your salvation is a done deal, therefor you have no need to heed God's or Paul's warnings because they are not applicable to you because of your faith.

I would suggest that God indeed knows whose name is in the book of life but you don't and that is why He has warned those who would start the race and not finish. Paul did not even attempt to lay claim to his crown till he found himself on his deathbed having finished the race he started at Jesus' behest. Those who throw up their hands in victory having just responded to the starting gun do themselves and others a disservice.

This notion that "there is a new name written in heaven" the minute someone utters a particular denominational "abracadabra" is directly responsible for the Gospel of Christ being neutered to the point it finds a bunch of backpatters pecking away at their computers congratulating themselves for doing nothing as it were some sort of proof of their faith.

Very, very sad.

What's sad is your confusing rewards with eternal life (which is a gift).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Act 20:26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.
Act 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
Act 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.