Is White Privilege Real?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Rather, we elect leaders to represent us and we have the right

So do white people.

even the obligation to question the form that leadership will take.

The white leaders.

A reporter asked a question that was important to his community of readers.

The Jews

He made no claim to exclusivity.

He implied it, as Judaism is inherently a religion that calls for the exclusive prominence of Jews.

It's in the language they speak, they ultimately use people for their gain with no favors in return.
Just in case you ever wondered why so many people don't like them :rolleyes:

ClimateSanity

No, that's your bigoted assertion. I stepped it back into the rational and in doing it doubled the frame on your myopic concentration and its root. Everyone has a right to be protected from the acts of evil men. When a community is increasingly targeted it is their right to ask the leader of our nation what will be done.

No, he was there to ask a question of concern about his community, the one he largely reports to inform. They're justifiably alarmed and it was a great opportunity for Trump to speak to that concern and lend assurance on the point, to undo the rhetoric of those who paint him as at best insensitive to the concerns of minorities.

Instead of getting the point he put his eye out with it while an ally shook his head.

No, he brings up the media because he needs an enemy and apparently he won't (for some unknown reason) see Russia as that until their spy ship docks in New York.

What makes you think Russia is our enemy?

glassjester

Not necessarily, at least at the onset. All good people have to do is nothing. An unwillingness to become involved when it speaks to you can lead to the point where it speaks for you. But even accepting your premise, stop and consider how a society gets to the point where that's the case. It's not because of a mob of sociopaths. It's a world where people like that woman in the window move the margins and the envelope continues to be pushed beyond them.

Do you believe, then, that we're headed in the direction of genocide?

Ask the Anti-Defamation League or the Southern Poverty Law Center, but be prepared to dislike the news.

Alright - have they provided evidence of government condoned racism in America?

As the Jewish reporter who was speaking to an uptick in anti-Semetic violence since the inauguration (and he wasn't blaming Trump, who misunderstood and thought he saw an enemy among enemies instead of a friend with a concern). But he was short sighted. I don't believe a hard look at the data can support it being a Trump phenomena. I don't believe he meant to act as a causal agent, but he benefited from it.

Consider the emboldened feelings of some of the less palatable Alt-Right preserved on video now in the wake of Trump's election.

There's been an increasingly angry climate in the country and that anger will always run downhill, find the easiest, simplest and most accessible thing to blame and act against. So everyone, Trump included, needs to be aware of it and mindful of it in how they approach changing that tide.

Right, the government should not promote criminal acts of violence, or racism.

Does it?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Black people account for 13% of the population, and yet commit 52% of all homicide on average.

And yet
White people are twice as likely to be shot down by officers than black people.

Blacks commit eight times as many crimes against whites than whites do against blacks.

The point is, there is an agenda against white people and liberals are just using the 'white privilege' myth to turn people away from the fact that whites are being robbed, raped, and murdered everyday- by minorities- despite any progress white people have tried to make with them.

A white liberal is nothing more than a willing victim really, under the delusion that they are righteous. They've brainwashed their selves to a point where they cannot comprehend the difference between a statement of reality and a statement of racism.

Selaphiel

A white liberal is nothing more than a willing victim really, under the delusion that they are righteous. They've brainwashed their selves to a point where they cannot comprehend the difference between a statement of reality and a statement of racism.

Are you aware that you are actually writing these things so other people can read it? Because normally mental mechanisms that protect individuals from making a fool out of themselves should have kicked in a long time ago.

Yeah, I sure do feel like a willing victim. It is truly tough to be a white male in the western world, most of the days I feel like Rosa Parks.

they cannot comprehend the difference between a statement of reality and a statement of racism

It is not the statistics that are racist. It is the projection of your thoughts of the essential inferiority of non-whites onto the interpretation of said statistics that is racist.

Those of you who claim that there is no white privilege in this thread are simply naive. You are under the impression that all human actions and motives are the result of rational conscious decisions, clearly stated in writing somewhere. Secondly, it is overly individualistic, neglecting the reality of structural racism at a societal level (which is not necessarily rational and/or conscious either).
Thirdly, you claim its black culture. There are problematic cultural elements in ghettos. What you fail to understand is that culture/sub-culture is not something that is decided at convention of all its adherents. It is also a reaction surrounding cultures and other external factors.

Don't you have classes in social science and psychology in your schools? You somehow missed the entire criticisms of the human as a purely rational creature whose actions are all the results of a conscious and rational will? Do the names of Freud, Nietzsche and Marx ring a name? Their thought systems are not even close to being perfect, but the revolution in the understanding of the human subject that came with these "masters of suspicion" are pretty much irreversible.

glassjester

There are problematic cultural elements in ghettos. What you fail to understand is that culture/sub-culture is not something that is decided at convention of all its adherents.

It's decided individually by each adherent.

Don't you have classes in social science and psychology in your schools? You somehow missed the entire criticisms of the human as a purely rational creature whose actions are all the results of a conscious and rational will?

Are you saying white people are collectively and subconsciously prohibiting other races from succeeding in America?

Selaphiel

It's decided individually by each adherent.

I think that is an utterly naive view from the perspective of a sociologically and psychologically informed anthropology. To put it in theological terms, sin is not merely individualistic, it is structural and societal as well (arguably it is primarily structural, but that is another discussion).

Are you saying white people are collectively and subconsciously prohibiting other races from succeeding in America?

See, this is the problem with your form of argumentation. You insist on it being based on some specific and formulated goal. So no, that is not what I am saying. That is the consequence, not the reason.

Humans seem to harbor a skepticism of difference, most likely an appendix of a tribalistic past, whether it is ethnic (cultural) or racial (physiological, which is then interpreted as cultural difference). This is not unique to whites, but the western world by white domination. Non-whites are a minority (although it is highly problematic to lump them together and the says "Look, African-Americans are doing worse than X", as if non-whites are one group sharing the same circumstances and history), and are thus prone to be subjected to a predominatingly white power structure. The result of that is prejudice and an increased difficulty of success.

The only escape from such racism (which I underline again is human, not particular to a "race") is critical self-analysis, an awareness of subconscious human desires and motivations, and the acting against them (which is the purpose of affirmative action).

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Are you one of those "many" people?

I know that the Jews were threatening enough for an entire country to want to outright get rid of them even if it meant extinction :idunno:

Everybody gets so pent up about antisemitism and oh so evil Hitler that nobody ever thinks why it ever existed in the first place.

Trying to deny what those like myself say about the Jews gets tougher and tougher for you all because you are running out of rug to sweep things under. How much longer can you simply refuse the reality that your government and media are ransacked with Jews, to an extent that even full conservative occupation has made a pitiful impact :rolleyes:

You even have conservative Christians supporting Israel- I mean, the Bible dictates that the Antichrist will come from the Twelve and you know what? While Madists obsess over Israel I'm just waiting for that Beast to come out of it :wave2:

glassjester

I think that is an utterly naive view from the perspective of a sociologically and psychologically informed anthropology. To put it in theological terms, sin is not merely individualistic, it is structural and societal as well (arguably it is primarily structural, but that is another discussion).

I've met too many good black people to believe that adherence to (or rejection of) an obviously destructive value system is not an individual choice.

See, this is the problem with your form of argumentation. You insist on it being based on some specific and formulated goal. So no, that is not what I am saying. That is the consequence, not the reason.

I didn't say it was intentional. But is that what you're saying is unintentionally happening? White people are keeping non-white people down?

Humans seem to harbor a skepticism of difference, most likely an appendix of a tribalistic past, whether it is ethnic (cultural) or racial (physiological, which is then interpreted as cultural difference). This is not
The only escape from such racism (which I underline again is human, not particular to a "race") is critical self-analysis, an awareness of subconscious human desires and motivations, and the acting against them (which is the purpose of affirmative action).

Is this also the only escape from "ghetto" culture?

glassjester

I know that the Jews were threatening enough for an entire country to want to outright get rid of them even if it meant extinction :idunno:

Everybody gets so pent up about antisemitism and oh so evil Hitler that nobody ever thinks why it ever existed in the first place.

Trying to deny what those like myself say about the Jews gets tougher and tougher for you all because you are running out of rug to sweep things under. How much longer can you simply refuse the reality that your government and media are ransacked with Jews, to an extent that even full conservative occupation has made a pitiful impact :rolleyes:

What's with all this "all of you" stuff? I am one person. Talk to me like one.

So are you saying Nazism was the German Jews' fault? Seriously?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
(On our right to petition and ask)
So do white people.
You appear to be the only one who thinks it isn't for everyone.

(our leaders)
The white leaders.
Any leader, Jewish, Baptist, white, black, even left handed. :plain:

(questions about problems that concern us.)
Any group, though the particular group is immaterial to the point and, sadly, seemingly the only point you care about.

(So a reporter did that and you cried exclusivity of right)
He implied it, as Judaism is inherently a religion that calls for the exclusive prominence of Jews.
Your bigotry implied it. He tried to ask what the government was going to do about a rise in violence aimed at Jews. There's nothing exclusive in it, no attempt to imply any other group or person has less right to it.

(before giving everyone a window into your sickness in a way that's hard to ignore)
It's in the language they speak, they ultimately use people for their gain with no favors in return.
Thanks Trad, but I already see you.

(And tying it with a ribbon...a sad, stained ribbon.)
Just in case you ever wondered why so many people don't like them :rolleyes:
No, I understand and I've even spoken here to the driving force of bigotry. People who are taught to prize a particular ignorance as virtue, running downhill to establish their own worth, those who can't be reasoned from a thing that never had its roots in reason.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You even have conservative Christians supporting Israel- I mean, the Bible dictates that the Antichrist will come from the Twelve and you know what? While Madists obsess over Israel I'm just waiting for that Beast to come out of it :wave2:

Crucible is:

1) A Misogynist.
2) An Anti-Semite.

What else is he?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Crucible is:

1) A Misogynist.
2) An Anti-Semite.

What else is he?
Racist. In his more hidden phase he said he lived with people of color, but eventually:

Yeah, it's just so evil to bring up 'Jewish Americans', right? God knows they should be held accountable for anything, just like blacks and women!

So mostly he's lost. We should give him directions to Stormfront.

Arthur Brain

Nothing you say gets tough for anybody. Your delusions of grandeur notwithstanding, most everybody here seems to regard you as pretty much nuts all ends up. You've got a misogynistic chip on your shoulder the size of New Mexico and your self evident racist streak is as obvious as a neon light during a blackout...

Don't bother with some tedious, precocious diatribe, save us both the bother of wasted time...

:freak:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Black people account for 13% of the population, and yet commit 52% of all homicide on average.

And yet White people are twice as likely to be shot down by officers than black people.
You're actually around 2.5 times as likely to be killed by a police officer if you're black. Source: Chicago Tribune, July 11, 2016

The point is, there is an agenda against white people and liberals are just using the 'white privilege' myth to turn people away from the fact that whites are being robbed, raped, and murdered everyday- by minorities- despite any progress white people have tried to make with them.
As reported in the Chicago Tribune, Jan. 6, 2017:

According to the 2015​
FBI hate crime statistics, the latest available, there were 613 anti-white-related crimes out of 5,850 total cases. That's around 10.5 percent of all reported hate crimes, and within the yearly average, federal numbers show.

Rather, racism is (at least eventually) hard to miss irrespective of political leaning.