Is White Privilege Real?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't hope for any racial discrimination.

But as far as racism goes, that wasn't so bad.
Substitute theft for racism and you'll get a better idea why that was a really goofy thing to say. Unfortunately, it gets worse for you in a moment.

Notice, the customers were still served.
She'd probably have been fired and the joint sued otherwise, so...she did her job, until she got to me.

The alleged racist in that scenario didn't act on her allegedly racist bias.
She wasn't an alleged racist. She was at the very least someone who held a racist bias when it came to blacks. It wasn't a point lost on either of us, however you choose to soft soap it.

Good for her.
For doing what she had to do before dragging her bias into my life? Really? That's a dangerously naive attitude to hold, if only and mostly for other people.

Good for her customers.
I was a customer. That she let them pass without slathering their experience in her nonsense was self-serving, not admirable.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
For doing what she had to do before dragging her bias into my life?

when you grow up and go out in the big wide world, town, you'll realize that people carry their biases with them everywhere they go

you'll also discover that their bias are often going to be different from yours, because their experiences are different from yours

case in point: how many cars full of rowdy teens have you had to serve late at night, working the drive-thru window of a burger joint?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sure. Setting out evidence would illustrate the latter. Listening to your "analysis" would constitute the former.

there is no evidence for 'white privilege', there us however plenty of evidence that there are more white people who succeed than blacks- which you call 'privilege'.
It has nothing to with skin color if many black people nonetheless are succeeding just the same- the liberal brain can't seem to distinguish between 'poor society' and 'black society' :plain:

Discrimination happens all the time. Race baiting happens all the time. Minorities being singled out for abuse and treatment related to their race happens all the time. Not long ago a Dairy Queen closed down after the manager went on an N-bomb tirade with a mother who had a problem with a botched drive thru order. The police came. He used the same language to them about her. Then he tried to back peddle and corporate shot him down.

A white person having their career ruined for going on a racist tirade is not an example of black oppression :chuckle:

The black person was troublesome to the people there and the manager got swallowed whole by the PC police. I don't need to look it up because I can pretty much guarantee that's what happened- these things don't happen too differently from one to the next.

It's about minorities having to deal with any number or assumptions and problems that aren't on your plate, simply because you're white.

Like not getting shot down by another black person, or being raised by a welfare queen.

Sorry, but I've lived in the inner suburbs for a good portion of my life, and see the one's who succeed and the ones who end up in prison. Blaming it on race is lame.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Fair enough.

And was that the only bad thing that happened to anyone in this entire scenario?
I answered on this after your first comment on the post, but to go into it once more, everyone wants to point to the burning crosses and the lynchings, but what made them possible was the banal sort of pervasive, assumptive evil that found agreement on a seemingly trivial and ostensibly harmless foundation. People like her make worse people possible and comfortable.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I answered on this after your first comment on the post, but to go into it once more, everyone wants to point to the burning crosses and the lynchings, but what made them possible was the banal sort of pervasive, assumptive evil that found agreement on a seemingly trivial and ostensibly harmless foundation. People like her make worse people possible and comfortable.

Made possible by all those who looked the other way, and said it "wasn't so bad."

glassjester

It doesn't matter who came first. You two sound alike these days.

Great answer.

And with that, any shred of hope that you were interested in a thoughtful discussion flew right out the window.

What a flipping waste of time.

Your current activity in this thread had nothing to do with a hope for thoughtful discussion. You wanted to nitpick my reply to Town Heretic. Nothing more.

Present some evidence of white privilege, if you'd like.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Present some evidence of white privilege, if you'd like.
What would you accept as evidence? Because from what I've seen the only kind you'll take is things written into law. I asked something similar earlier and haven't seen a response (but maybe I missed it since this thread has been moving relatively quickly).

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What would you accept as evidence? Because from what I've seen the only kind you'll take is things written into law. I asked something similar earlier and haven't seen a response (but maybe I missed it since this thread has been moving relatively quickly).

how about something that's institutionalized and prevalent?

'cause you're never gonna eliminate personal feelings like town's burger-server