Is White Privilege Real?

The Berean

what merits did he have?

what executive positions had he served?

Governor?

Lt. Governor?

nope

oh wait, it must have been his lengthy record of service in the US Senate, and all that he accomplished during his - how many terms was it?

by all means, tell us about his "merits" :darwinsm:

Negro please! Being a "community organizer" is hard. One needs to have diverse skills!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So...we had a solid run of 43 lily-white presidents...strictly on their merits, I'm sure. And we have one black man, and you assume it must have been racial preference?

That's the dumbest argument I've ever heard. And yes, it's very racist.

You just can't believe it, can you? People voted for a black man on his merits. Nothing more.

It was because he was black :chuckle:

You see, what you do is come up with a bunch of moot things to say that will pass as some argument for your fellow libs, and tell me I'm wrong in contrast.

For stating the obvious.
He stayed in office because he was black, as well :wave2:

rexlunae

what merits did he have?

what executive positions had he served?

As you well can read, that isn't what I said.

Governor?

Lt. Governor?

nope

oh wait, it must have been his lengthy record of service in the US Senate, and all that he accomplished during his - how many terms was it?

by all means, tell us about his "merits" :darwinsm:

It's not the years of service, but the quality of the man they reveal.

The Berean

Here is Obama's political career.

1997-2004: Illinois State Senator (13th Precinct)
2005-2008: U.S. Senator (Illinois)
2008-2016: President of the Unites States

I dunno that seems like a HUGE jump in job title in 2008.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Here is Obama's political career.

1997-2004: Illinois State Senator (13th Precinct)
2005-2008: U.S. Senator (Illinois)
2008-2016: President of the Unites States

I dunno that seems like a HUGE jump in job title in 2008.

to compare

1997-2004: fry cook
2005-2008: night manager (closing)
2008-2016: Ray Kroc

rexlunae

so his "merits" were "the quality of the man"

care to be more explicit?

He was inspiring, he spoke of hope, he was humble, and smart. And his beliefs and his priorities aligned closely with mine. And I'm quite happy with his years serving as President.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
They offered two very reasonable explanations right in there article, before the cries of racism.

1. There are more minority pedestrians.
2. There are more minorities living near busier intersections.
Those were ideas for the general statistics but then they talked about an actual experiment that was conducted.

rexlunae

I thought liberals main complaint about trump and those he suggests for his cabinet picks are lack of experience?

Not inexperienced. It's more that they have the opposite of experience. A secretary of state with close ties to Russia? A labor secretary whose previous experience involves underpaying and mistreating poor employees? An EPA administrator who has spent his career suing the EPA? And education secretary who seems to be opposed to the concept of public education? An Energy secretary who stated that he wanted to abolish the agency...if he could remember what it was called? An Attorney General who seems to be opposed to the concept of civil rights law?

Each of the nominations seem deliberately chosen to undermine the departments that they were selected to head. I would literally prefer a random patient pulled from your local psyche ward to run their departments.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I thought liberals main complaint about trump and those he suggests for his cabinet picks are lack of experience?

Not inexperienced. It's more that they have the opposite of experience. A secretary of state with close ties to Russia? A labor secretary whose previous experience involves underpaying and mistreating poor employees? An EPA administrator who has spent his career suing the EPA? And education secretary who seems to be opposed to the concept of public education? An Energy secretary who stated that he wanted to abolish the agency...if he could remember what it was called? An Attorney General who seems to be opposed to the concept of civil rights law?

Each of the nominations seem deliberately chosen to undermine the departments that they were selected to head. I would literally prefer a random patient pulled from your local psyche ward to run their departments.

Hypocrite.

rexlunae

And every McCain and Romney voter? Did they also NOT vote for Obama, strictly based on the merits of his opposition?

I don't presume. Neither McCain nor Romney ran campaigns that seemed to focus on race. They probably would have been worse for racial minorities than Obama, but that's not to say either one is racist. I think McCain is a very honorable man, who I disagree with constantly. If he'd made a different choice for his VP, I could have voted for him.

Trump is different. His campaign has been constant dog-whistles and worse.