Is White Privilege Real?

ClimateSanity

That's quite the privileged attitude you possess there.

How can an attitude be privileged? I showed no attitude anyway; I simply used logic and the facts i have learned over time. If that comes across as attitude to you maybe its you who has the attitude?

rexlunae

Do people treat whites better than blacks because of their race???

Yes.

Could it be that the white people they have run into have behaved better than the black people they have run into? I wont drive a nice car into a crime ridden neighborhood if i can avoid it.

Could you identify for me, please, the time in America's history when black people have ever been afforded the benefit of the doubt? Because it seems to me like we had generations of slavery, generations or Jim Crow, complete with earnest vows never to change, and then a half-generation of approximate legal equality, and suddenly half of white America is wondering if maybe all those prejudices were for a good reason after all. There are still states flying confederate battle flags, and you want to tell me that all the wounds of the past have been wiped away and black people today have nothing to complain about?

As for other things on your list, whites value education more than the blacks in these bad schools. As for jobs, if all people equally apply themselves, there should be no difference in employment.

It's remarkable to me how you can fail to see see how the prejudice of your first statement refutes the pretense of your second.

ClimateSanity

It's remarkable to me how you can fail to see see how the prejudice of your first refutes the pretense of your second.....Rexlunae

Thats because there was no prejudice in the first and no pretense in the second.

quip

BANNED
Banned
and i'm white

how does my "white privilege" apply to the fact that i worked alongside so many successful non-whites in demanding fields?

I dunno.
That's all heart-warming and all but which values are you referencing...the ones that compel you to make "watermelon" slurs?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... which values are you referencing...

values that lead to success - hard work, taking advantage of opportunity by being prepared, excelling at education, forgoing drugs, the party life, violence, crime, being law-abiding, respectful to authority, etc

how does my "white privilege" factor into the fact that I often had managers and supervisors, md/phds, who were minorities?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
According to Town Heretic, there is no such thing as: demeaning white people, making comedy of white people, or desensitizing others to problems white people face in the media :rolleyes:

No Dave Chapelle, Soul Plane, White Girls, Dear White People, White Privilege, anon anon.

American History X was directed by a Jew- I mean go figure. Who's the odd one out in that movie? Not the black gangs taking over and killing innocent people, or illegals sabotaging businesses- it's the white guy with a swastika who really was the victim from the get go :freak:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Any watermelon slurs were made to mock your silly arguments and hypocritical pretense; not because of any belief in said slurs.

i still don't get how stating the fact that, in my experience, blacks like watermelon is a slur

blacks like watermelon
whites like watermelon

i don't know anybody who doesn't like watermelon :idunno: