Is there a true church?

HisServant

Every organized denomination teaches at least one false doctrine?

Who cares?... the fact that they call themselves a denomination or the true church should be a red flag to begin with.

God promises that we will be given discernment... and that we are to examine others, especially those in leadership, and if their conduct is unbecoming a Christian, we are to have nothing to do with them.

So what is your excuse for not following scripture?

Prizebeatz1

Upon hearing Christ's words, sort of a direct order, you wouldn't just feel obligated, you would be obligated, right?

What I mean is, does Christ Himself have the authority to say something to the effect of, "You must believe this, if you are My follower." ?

I believe he does. However the impression of Jesus Christ being a man is not entirely accurate in a literal sense. The higher meaning is that he is a metaphor for the soul. Sure we can use the literal Jesus and His commands to help us but there is no replacement for the soul.

glassjester

Who cares?... the fact that they call themselves a denomination or the true church should be a red flag to begin with.

Who cares? You should.

If, in fact, a church does teach all true doctrine and no falsehoods, then they are truly Christ's Church.

If they teach even one falsehood, then their claim to teach only truth is an additional falsehood, and they cannot be Christ's Church, because Christ would not lead people into error.

Old man

Does any Christian church have 100% true doctrine? Which denomination teaches the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

The true "Church of God" (as stated in #4) is the Church that lives according to "Solo Scriptura" only, when a denomination or organization has doctrines or beliefs that are not found in the Word of God it is a false religion and the RCC is the false man made religion that has perverted the Word of God above all others.

Where Is The Church that Christ Built?

www.bibleresearch.org/articles/a17pws.htm

HisServant

Who cares? You should.

If, in fact, a church does teach all true doctrine and no falsehoods, then they are truly Christ's Church.

If they teach even one falsehood, then their claim to teach only truth is an additional falsehood, and they cannot be Christ's Church, because Christ would not lead people into error.

Its not just falsehood... its also WHAT THEY DO.

Has the RCC always conducted itself in a manner consistent with scripture and tradition?... and please don't lie.

When its leaders dug up a past pope and conducted a trial against the corpse?.. is that conduct becoming a Christian?

Is ordering the deaths of anyone conduct becoming a Christian?

Is buggering children and then covering up the abuse conduct becoming a Christian?

Is lieing to 30,000 women in Spain by telling them their children died so that they could be placed in good 'roman catholic' families conduct becoming a Christian?

Is aiding in the genocide in Rwanda conduct becoming a Christian?

If their conduct is foul, so is what proceeds from their mouths.

Why don't you face the facts?... your church has created rules and regulations over the centuries that make it a safe haven for Satan and his followers.... and now they are boxed in by their own logic and are powerless to do anything about it lest the house of cards begins to fall.

Prizebeatz1

The true "Church of God" (as stated in #4) is the Church that lives according to "Solo Scriptura" only, when a denomination or organization has doctrines or beliefs that are not found in the Word of God it is a false religion and the RCC is the false man made religion that has perverted the Word of God above all others.

Where Is The Church that Christ Built?

www.bibleresearch.org/articles/a17pws.htm

I don't agree because we are not taking into account the interpretation of the scriptures.

glassjester

Its not just falsehood... its also WHAT THEY DO.

Which of the apostles was without sin? None.
Yet they had the authority to teach true Christian doctrine.

You keep bringing up the Catholic Church, but the questions I've asked in this thread are so much more general than that.

It's as if I am asking you which fruit is the healthiest to eat, and you reply by screaming, "DON'T EAT BANANAS! BANANAS ARE THE DEVIL!"

Well, alright big guy, let's settle down about the bananas. We're just talking about fruit in general.

So instead of telling me which Church you don't like, why not explain whether a true set of Christian doctrine exists at all, and what group of people (if any) are teaching it?

HisServant

Which of the apostles was without sin? None.
Yet they had the authority to teach true Christian doctrine.

You keep bringing up the Catholic Church, but the questions I've asked in this thread are so much more general than that.

It's as if I am asking you which fruit is the healthiest to eat, and you reply by screaming, "DON'T EAT BANANAS! BANANAS ARE THE DEVIL!"

Well, alright big guy, let's settle down about the bananas. We're just talking about fruit in general.

So instead of telling me which Church you don't like, why not explain whether a true set of Christian doctrine exists at all, and what group of people (if any) are teaching it?

A true set of doctrine does not exist, for many obvious reasons.

Prizebeatz1

Of what Scripture do you interpret for bowing and praying before statutes of so-called saints?

Good question. I no longer consider myself Catholic. I never really thought about it. I'm sure they can find some way to justify it by interpreting the bible to make it look like it's okay.

HisServant

To clarify, do you mean a 100% true list of Christian beliefs does not exist in written form, or does not exist at all?

I'm saying that beliefs and interpretations are influenced by ones world view, and world views change over time.

Trying to say that interpretations based on a Roman world view and sensibilities are applicable to the entire world is pretty much stupid.

To the Romans... mass, infant baptism, transubstantiation and a whole slew of customs that existed prior to Christianity and later integrated into its traditions made sense to Romans, but make little sense to anyone else.

Christianity is rooted in Judaism, not Romanism.

I always find it very refreshing to talk to a Jewish convert to Christianity, especially when it comes to Old Covenant practices and what they meant to the Jews, then compare them to the way they were translated into Christianity (usually via the Romans)... most of the meanings are lost in translation.

glassjester

I'm saying that beliefs and interpretations are influenced by ones world view, and world views change over time.

That makes sense.

So no single person, or organized church, has ever believed or taught true Christian doctrine, without at least some false beliefs mixed in? Is this right? :think:

(With the exception of Jesus, I suppose)

HisServant

That makes sense.

So no single person, or organized church, has ever believed or taught true Christian doctrine, without at least some false beliefs mixed in? Is this right? :think:

(With the exception of Jesus, I suppose)

Everyone preaches it with a bias... yes. Even Peter was corrected of his bias at one point.

People do not want change, they want something to hang onto.. some sort of spiritual bedrock. Jesus never intended us to just latch onto something man made and ride it for all of our lives. Christianity is a living and breathing faith, a faith that those who are truly saved and have the promised discernment know.

Originally it was called "The Way' and should have stayed that way.