Is there a true church?

Prizebeatz1

I don't feel that I do want to separate from God so badly. The Church is the particular way in which He has provided to us all and to me, to unite with Him. He basically says to humanity, in the very existence of the Church, "If you want to unite with Me, come to Church." He doesn't make it difficult. As our Lord says, "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
No, so long as it is in the particular way in which He Himself teaches us to understand this quote-unquote "theosis."
An intrinsically incoherent rhetorical question.
Ditto.
God made the Church. I don't know how to answer your other questions, but I do know that the Church, which is obvious, was made and is sustained by our Maker.
Come on, man; I'm none of those things.
I appreciate your thoughts. I recognize it. I value our Maker as much as is possible, and I know this for certain, because I listened to Him when He told the world exactly the way in which we ought to revere Him. It's not esoteric. It doesn't require plumbing the depths of philosophy or theology. You just have to go to Church, just like how it obviously appears. That's what our Maker would do. He wouldn't make us go through a maze or solve a puzzle to unite with Him. He'd make it easy and obvious. And He has. Go to Church. I'm a simpleton, I know. :)

I went to Catholic Church for 35 years. It is an institution inspired by God (but nevertheless man-made) based on a misinterpretation of the scriptures as literal. I'm not trying to bash the church because they do a lot of good in the world. But which of those good works is going to make up for disconnection from the soul? I know people are only doing the best they can with what they know but it is a tragedy and a disservice to humanity to discourage us away from the soul by suggesting it is a part of us but we are not a part of it. Someone has to stand up and say something about this. Countless people have died without ever knowing the soul and the world is in turmoil because of this too. Why wouldn't lack of connection from the soul cause war, inequality, injustice, violence, etc? I'm not saying the soul is a quick fix that will solve all our problems but we need to be aware of it for the well-being of mankind.

I do not intend to offend anyone by saying they are Satan. Satan is a metaphor for what keeps us feeling separate from God just as Jesus is a metaphor for that which connects us with God. Lots of people don't like it because it makes them look like the bad guy. It's okay. I was like that too so I try to deliver this message with compassion. Realize the church contributes to strengthen and reinforce the identity of the personality. We go to deepen our faith and beliefs but these are the very things which trick us into feeling separate. We are peer pressured into believing what the authorities tell us and we become proud of the identity we make of ourselves. This identity is an imitation of the true identity of the soul which is infinite and eternal. Many strive to be perfect without knowing perfection has already been accomplished in the soul. On an unconscious level we don't think we're good enough just the way we are because we have automatically judged and condemned ourselves without even thinking about it. The worthless feelings do not go away with a hot shower. We attempt to extract self-worth out of being a good Catholic but this is a false version of the real thing. The real thing is unconditional and it comes from the soul because the soul is one with God.

Last edited:

Prizebeatz1

God existed BEFORE His creation. Therefore, He is DISTINCT from His creation. I know that you do not know God.

I understand what you're saying but the phrasing "God existed" implies there is a point that God does not exist. To my understanding The Great I Am includes everything that IS. Is creation not part of what IS?

Right Divider

Body part
I understand what you're saying but the phrasing "God existed" implies there is a point that God does not exist.
No, it does not. There is NO other way to say it. God has ALWAYS existed and saying that God existed BEFORE His creation in NO WAY implies that there was a time when He did not exist. TIME is part of the creation.

To my understanding The Great I Am includes everything that IS. Is creation not part of what IS?
You are just too confused to have an intelligent discussion with.

Prizebeatz1

No, it does not. There is NO other way to say it. God has ALWAYS existed and saying that God existed BEFORE His creation in NO WAY implies that there was a time when He did not exist. TIME is part of the creation.

You are just too confused to have an intelligent discussion with.

Perhaps you are the one who is confused if you can't answer a basic question such as Is creation not part of what IS?

glassjester

I decline to respond.

Alright. But you're answer to this:

Pick any point in the past. Let's say, the day you were born.

How much time elapsed from the day you were born, back to the beginning of time? How long was that period of time?

Will contribute greatly to your understanding of this:

To my understanding The Great I Am includes everything that IS. Is creation not part of what IS?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
based on a misinterpretation of the scriptures as literal.
No it's not. That's a Protestant notion, that the Church is or was or should be based on the Scripture. The Church is founded upon what the actual Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ actually taught to their actual successors the bishops (e.g., Luke, Titus, Timothy, Mark), orally, meaning that it's not written down or revealed until such a time and circumstance that the Magisterium sees fit to write or otherwise reveal something of what it contains.
which of those good works is going to make up for disconnection from the soul?
Do you believe in individuals, or individuated souls? or just one soul?
I do not intend to offend anyone by saying they are Satan.
It's relatively tame anyway. I've been called worse in far lighter matters on this board.
Satan is a metaphor for what keeps us feeling separate from God just as Jesus is a metaphor for that which connects us with God. Lots of people don't like it because it makes them look like the bad guy. It's okay. I was like that too so I try to deliver this message with compassion. Realize the church contributes to strengthen and reinforce the identity of the personality. We go to deepen our faith and beliefs but these are the very things which trick us into feeling separate. We are peer pressured into believing what the authorities tell us and we become proud of the identity we make of ourselves. This identity is an imitation of the true identity of the soul which is infinite and eternal. Many strive to be perfect without knowing perfection has already been accomplished in the soul. On an unconscious level we don't think we're good enough just the way we are because we have automatically judged and condemned ourselves without even thinking about it. The worthless feelings do not go away with a hot shower. We attempt to extract self-worth out of being a good Catholic but this is a false version of the real thing. The real thing is unconditional and it comes from the soul because the soul is one with God.
This part reminds me of what Paul wrote about the Law:
before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:23-26​