Is there a true church?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
PETER STAYED NEAR JERUSALEM

CHECK ALL THE SCRIPTURES THAT MENTION HIS NAME...I DID.

Ga 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter,

and abode with him fifteen days.

Ac 9:32 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters,

he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda. (just west of Jerusalem)

do you think peter went to babylon?

brewmama

PETER STAYED NEAR JERUSALEM

CHECK ALL THE SCRIPTURES THAT MENTION HIS NAME...I DID.

Ga 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter,

and abode with him fifteen days.

Ac 9:32 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters,

he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda. (just west of Jerusalem)

So you think that only places listed in the NT are the only places Peter ever went? What proof do you have of that??

Prizebeatz1

Does the conscience tell us when we err on matters of doctrine?

Yes it can but one has to develop the skills and the capacity to listen to what the soul is telling us (I see consciousness as a function of the soul). There's so much noise in the world that its very difficult to hear it. For example, we are unconsciously programmed to identify with the internalized roles of child or parent. This is implanted in us when are very impressionable as children and we almost never question if it really us. The programming does not go away with a hot shower. Reverse engineering the personality and understanding how it blocks us from what is infinite and eternal is a major step on the path to the soul. Our true identity has access to infinite intelligence that wouldn't otherwise be available. "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father" (John 14:12). All this becomes the ultimate guide for our conscience. We can take off the training wheels of church doctrine and tap into something much bigger and better.

Last edited:

glassjester

Yes it can but one has to develop the skills and the capacity to listen to what the soul is telling us

This is pretty interesting.

What is the role of revelation, in this framework? Or evangelization?

If we can truly determine true doctrine just through our own individual consciences, is there any need for religious teaching? For preachers? For scripture?

Prizebeatz1

This is pretty interesting.

What is the role of revelation, in this framework? Or evangelization?

If we can truly determine true doctrine just through our own individual consciences, is there any need for religious teaching? For preachers? For scripture?

Yes there is a need for religious teachings, preachers and scriptures. They are there to be used as a springboard for our own development especially when we are young and don't know any better. They are like templates or scaffolding. The revelation is inside us waiting to be discovered. It is an extra-ordinary brilliant star shining deeply in our being (this is a huge understatement). When you experience it you will throw everything else away as worthless (Philippians 3:8). Life takes on a new meaning. Evangelization has good intent but it can do more harm than good. Everyone is on their own level of development and one stage may not be right for another person. The soul is very customizable for our particular life circumstances. It is very very personal. This is how we can develop a relationship with God. But it doesn't necessarily translate or fit for anyone else but us. We have to find out for ourselves.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is there a true churc?

1 Corinthians 1

2To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Why did Paul say theirs and ours, and not say "ours" if there was only one?

glassjester

1 Corinthians 1

2To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Paul said to the Corinthians, Jesus is their lord and our lord. Are you saying Jesus is somehow two lords?

glassjester

Yes there is a need for religious teachings, preachers and scriptures. They are there to be used as a springboard for our own development especially when we are young and don't know any better.

When Christ taught His disciples a new doctrine, were they obligated to believe and practice the new teaching, even if their individual consciences had never before led them to such belief?

Prizebeatz1

When Christ taught His disciples a new doctrine, were they obligated to believe and practice the new teaching, even if their individual consciences had never before led them to such belief?

I don't know. I certainly would if it were me. Then I would try to put things to the test and see what happens.

glassjester

I don't know. I certainly would if it were me. Then I would try to put things to the test and see what happens.

If Christ Himself gave you a new teaching, you would be unsure whether or not it was true?

Let's make this more concrete. If you were among the apostles and Jesus told you to go and make disciples of all nations, and baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...

...you wouldn't be sure whether or not to believe Him? You wouldn't be obligated to believe (a new doctrine) that followers of Christ ought to baptize and be baptized?

Danoh

1 Corinthians 1

Because "the church of God" consists of two agencies in one household; the Israel of God, and the Body of Christ :)

Prizebeatz1

If Christ Himself gave you a new teaching, you would be unsure whether or not it was true?

Let's make this more concrete. If you were among the apostles and Jesus told you to go and make disciples of all nations, and baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit...

...you wouldn't be sure whether or not to believe Him? You wouldn't be obligated to believe (a new doctrine) that followers of Christ ought to baptize and be baptized?

Sure I would feel obligated. The problem I have now is that I've found there to be a much higher meaning to the story of Jesus Christ. The traditional meaning has been influenced by the books which come directly after the gospels. We are presented with what someone else wants us to remember about Jesus. If we just read the 4 Gospels by themselves hardly no one would remember the message of Jesus dying for our sins. That was not a big part of Christ's message. It was someone else's take which was placed directly after the Gospels to emphasize a certain interpretation. I went off on my own and found a different interpretation.

Be aware that the feeling of obligation is a tactic of the enemy to hook us. We avoid feelings shame and guilt by subscribing to the traditional interpretation. The alternative interpretation is that God, heaven and salvation are unconditional. One has to give up the desire to comply with all obligations, rules, doctrine, traditions, cultures, religions, etc. on the path to realizing that our true identity is the soul. Jesus is the personification of the eternal and infinite part of us. His story is about not only his divinity but our divinity as well. The true gospel message is that we are one with God because of the soul. THAT is the good news but it has been distorted through the centuries.

glassjester

Sure I would feel obligated. The problem I have now is that I've found there to be a much higher meaning to the story of Jesus Christ. The traditional meaning has been influenced by the books which come directly after the gospels. We are presented with what someone else wants us to remember about Jesus. If we just read the 4 Gospels by themselves hardly no one would remember the message of Jesus dying for our sins. That was not a big part of Christ's message. It was someone else's take which was placed directly after the Gospels to emphasize a certain interpretation. I went off on my own and found a different interpretation.

Be aware that the feeling of obligation is a tactic of the enemy to hook us. We avoid feelings shame and guilt by subscribing to the traditional interpretation. The alternative interpretation is that God, heaven and salvation are unconditional. One has to give up the desire to comply with all obligations, rules, doctrine, traditions, cultures, religions, etc. on the path to realizing that our true identity is the soul. Jesus is the personification of the eternal and infinite part of us. His story is about not only his divinity but our divinity as well. The true gospel message is that we are one with God because of the soul. THAT is the good news but it has been distorted through the centuries.

Upon hearing Christ's words, sort of a direct order, you wouldn't just feel obligated, you would be obligated, right?

What I mean is, does Christ Himself have the authority to say something to the effect of, "You must believe this, if you are My follower." ?

HisServant

Upon hearing Christ's words, sort of a direct order, you wouldn't just feel obligated, you would be obligated, right?

What I mean is, does Christ Himself have the authority to say something to the effect of, "You must believe this, if you are My follower." ?

He actually said that his followers would already know the sound of his voice.

And his voice has never come out of the RCC cult.

But anyhow, Jesus never spoke of the RCC, neither did the apostles. So your argument is flawed.

glassjester

That we should somehow feel obligated to follow the RCC... simply because it claims to be the Church Jesus founded, a claim that has no basis in fact.

Off topic.

Is there a true church? A church that believes and teaches 100% true doctrine, and no falsehoods?