Is the Holy Spirit Female?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God the source of all........

God the source of all........

We would also remind readers that a trinity of Father, Mother, Son .....represents life in a familial sense, so that all living souls emenating from the original Godhead makeup the family of God, and so we see things in a creative relational context, according to nature and those laws and principles that express the dimensions and dynamics therein.

ALSO, 'spirit' can be referred to as 'he', 'she' or 'it', interpreted appropriately within a given context, whether 'spirit' is personified or not. Regardless,...Deity still always includes all gender qualities and potencies, as well as transcends every finite conception thereof. Therefore any mention of the holy spirit or spirit of God, may include any particular aspect or all aspects of gender within a particular personification of God.

It is well enough that our worship of God include Deity as Father-Mother, and all other qualities and attributes of Deity, from which all gender and personality springs.

popsthebuilder

I know, but my question is still the same.
Because from my perception both can be said to be correct.

If one says Jesus is GOD....I'm okay with that because I understand that the spirit that was in Jesus was the spirit of GOD, and Jesus means GOD with us, and His Spirit has returned to the Creator.

Conversely; if one says Jesus is not GOD....I'm okay with that too because Jesus was never the literal utter fullness of GOD but wholly of GOD, showing the way to GOD, prayed to GOD, and was temporal in GOD'S temporal vessel.

To be technical; when speaking of my own beliefs; I will always consider Jesus to be of GOD, yet not the literal utter fullness of GOD almighty as creation. I'm sorry if it is confusing or seems like I am making light of the question. It is not my intent.

Such isn't a salvific issue to me ultimately. What we do with our belief is what is salvific. I do not and will not ever equate man to GOD almighty, and I do not think Jesus did.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Because from my perception both can be said to be correct.

If one says Jesus is GOD....I'm okay with that because I understand that the spirit that was in Jesus was the spirit of GOD, and Jesus means GOD with us, and His Spirit has returned to the Creator.

Conversely; if one says Jesus is not GOD....I'm okay with that too because Jesus was never the literal utter fullness of GOD but wholly of GOD, showing the way to GOD, prayed to GOD, and was temporal in GOD'S temporal vessel.

To be technical; when speaking of my own beliefs; I will always consider Jesus to be of GOD, yet not the literal utter fullness of GOD almighty as creation. I'm sorry if it is confusing or seems like I am making light of the question. It is not my intent.

Such isn't a salvific issue to me ultimately. What we do with our belief is what is salvific. I do not and will not ever equate man to GOD almighty, and I do not think Jesus did.

peace

Jesus never said He is God. If you think He did, please give me a scripture.

popsthebuilder

Jesus never said He is God. If you think He did, please give me a scripture.
Okay...look.....I am going to take a break because for whatever reason, you aren't catching what I am saying or are preferring to ignore it.

peace

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Okay...look.....I am going to take a break because for whatever reason, you aren't catching what I am saying or are preferring to ignore it.

peace

My question is simple and clear, why do you add something I did not even ask?

drbrumley

[MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION], are you familiar with Ellis Skolfield, reading your comments on the quran reminds me of a book some time ago.

drbrumley

Pops,

Just give me a reference where Jesus said to be God.

thanks

Will this suffice?

Revelation1:1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You couldn't look it up yourself?

Oh I get it, you merely said Mormon theology about popsthebuilder and not about what I am preaching. It would be nice if you would elaborate and explain yourself since it is not unlike you to give two word insults to me.

guess you were feeling guilty. Feeling that man can become a God is Mormon theology which pos said, not you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Do u honor your parents?

Do u honor your parents?

guess you were feeling guilty. Feeling that man can become a God is Mormon theology which pos said, not you.

Even LDS theology recognizes a 'heavenly mother' archetype, because its a fact within nature and procreation, the essential of both male and female needed to engender life. God is the reality and power behind these functions and relationships.

The mother-principle is born out from the Father, whereby thru the miracle of creation is born, the masculine and feminine principles generating life thru their marriage.

Even God cannot be limited to any one gender, since God is All (yet also beyond definition). But God is definitely the source of gender whereby Spirit expresses itself in creation.

popsthebuilder

[MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION], are you familiar with Ellis Skolfield, reading your comments on the quran reminds me of a book some time ago.
No Sir.....I've never heard of them....is that good or bad to you (the likeness it recalls; not my ignorance)?

drbrumley

No Sir.....I've never heard of them....is that good or bad to you (the likeness it recalls; not my ignorance)?

Here is a link for a book he published for an ex muslim (I think)

Islam Reviewed

Disclaimer: I don't agree with everything this book says.

But after reading some of the posts you made, just was thinking some was similar in your esteem for the quran even though the author pretty much destroys the religion of Islam. I think the author pretty much says the quran is borrowed heavily from the torah and penteauch(sp)

If you wanna read it, I supplied a link to it.

God's Truth

I've answered you three separate times.
Don't tell me you answered me three separate times.

You give different answers to questions all the time, you proved it in the reply you gave Meshak.

You told her you say Jesus is God and sometimes you say no he isn't.
No

So you believe Jesus came from heaven, and what was he in heaven, according to you, and then according to the Qur'an.

WatchmanOnTheWall

~·~·~

Wow. Been awhile and the thread is dovetailing into various tangents off topic, cluttering the thread. Some dovetailing is fine, but over 10 pages of it is inappropriate, disrespectful (I know we can get carried away at times). Those with personal jabs and idiosyncrasies can take some of their arguments in private, or make your own thread to go in circles.

~·~·~

The nature of God as BOTH masculine and feminine is a FACT of Nature, as the nature of Man proves which mirrors God in image and likeness, which reflects the pro-creative function of Life. Infinite Spirit as divine Mother is intrinsic to our Parental Deity, even as this same God is also Father. My previous post here (see all links) and other posts in the thread and elsewhere expound and expand on Deity and gender.

Of course there is a realm of divine Being that transcends all form, name, qualities, attributes and even gender, but within creation, anywhere where Creator engages with Creation, the universal principle of gender in psyche and spirit have their place, as MAN is the living proof (being male/female).

My view and contextual emphasis differs a bit from WOTW's emphasis on the Holy Spirit being a female 'person', as I go beyond any dogmatic orthodox formula and recognize the the substance, archetype, form and principle involved. Hence honoring Deity as our 'Father-Mother-God' is logical as such relational function and descriptions apply with a creational and nurturing context no matter how God is personified or not.

I have tried before to stop the off OP comments but even reporting doesn't work. :idunno:

I'm still waiting for @Tiger2 to respond to my last post #201 on page 14!: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...pirit-Female&p=5171350&viewfull=1#post5171350