Is the Holy Spirit Female?

popsthebuilder

Acts 3: 15. The Prince of Life you put to death; but God has raised Him from the dead, and we are witnesses as to that. 25. "You are the heirs of the Prophets, and of the Covenant which God made with your forefathers when He said to Abraham, <`And through your posterity all the families of the world shall be blessed.'> 26. It is to you first that God, after raising His Servant from the grave, has sent Him to bless you, by causing every one of you to turn from your wickedness."

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Acts 3: 15. The Prince of Life you put to death; but God has raised Him from the dead, and we are witnesses as to that. 25. "You are the heirs of the Prophets, and of the Covenant which God made with your forefathers when He said to Abraham, <`And through your posterity all the families of the world shall be blessed.'> 26. It is to you first that God, after raising His Servant from the grave, has sent Him to bless you, by causing every one of you to turn from your wickedness."

what does this have to do with your claim of Jesus is God?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Pops,

I am s simple Christian so I don't try to read your mind what you are saying.

I will keep ask you the same thing until you give me strait and simple answer for simple questions.

popsthebuilder

Still does not explain why you the need to claim Jesus is God.
I misspoke/ you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Jesus was not GOD almighty when he was man.

The Spirit of GOD dwelled within His vessel. That Spirit returned to GOD.

Even in the post where I said yes, I still specified that of GOD and GOD almighty are not wholly equal, as one emanates or is of the other.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't just say anything.

Mormons do NOT believe that Jesus is the same person as God the Father. Mormons believe that Jesus was a god and that all men can become gods and be given their own planets.

Stop saying anything about me.

You do not understand their theology. God was a man who evolved to God. You can do the same thing if you believe as they do.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is never separate and different than the Father. They are EXACTLY the same. When Jesus does something, the Father does it. When Jesus says something, the Father says it. When you SEE Jesus, you can say, "I see the Father".

You not only do not understand Mormon theology, you do not understand Christianity either.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I misspoke/ you misunderstood what I was trying to say.

Jesus was not GOD almighty when he was man.

The Spirit of GOD dwelled within His vessel. That Spirit returned to GOD.

Even in the post where I said yes, I still specified that of GOD and GOD almighty are not wholly equal, as one emanates or is of the other.

Jesus did not call Himself God. Why do you have the need to do so?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Return to the thread topic..........

Return to the thread topic..........

~·~·~

Wow. Been awhile and the thread is dovetailing into various tangents off topic, cluttering the thread. Some dovetailing is fine, but over 10 pages of it is inappropriate, disrespectful (I know we can get carried away at times). Those with personal jabs and idiosyncrasies can take some of their arguments in private, or make your own thread to go in circles.

~·~·~

The nature of God as BOTH masculine and feminine is a FACT of Nature, as the nature of Man proves which mirrors God in image and likeness, which reflects the pro-creative function of Life. Infinite Spirit as divine Mother is intrinsic to our Parental Deity, even as this same God is also Father. My previous post here (see all links) and other posts in the thread and elsewhere expound and expand on Deity and gender.

Of course there is a realm of divine Being that transcends all form, name, qualities, attributes and even gender, but within creation, anywhere where Creator engages with Creation, the universal principle of gender in psyche and spirit have their place, as MAN is the living proof (being male/female).

My view and contextual emphasis differs a bit from WOTW's emphasis on the Holy Spirit being a female 'person', as I go beyond any dogmatic orthodox formula and recognize the the substance, archetype, form and principle involved. Hence honoring Deity as our 'Father-Mother-God' is logical as such relational function and descriptions apply with a creational and nurturing context no matter how God is personified or not.

God's Truth

You do not understand their theology. God was a man who evolved to God. You can do the same thing if you believe as they do.

You don't understand it. Not only that, you know you made it up about my beliefs about God being the same as the Mormons. You say things like that to try to insult and that is all.

popsthebuilder

Jesus did not call Himself God. Why do you have the need to do so?
How are still missing what I am saying? I already said that Jesus wasn't literally GOD almighty.

Are you saying that the Holy Spirit of GOD wasn't in Jesus?

Do you think the Holy Spirit of GOD is male, or female, or encompasses both?

God's Truth

Never said you were a Mormon. You're a modalist.

You said Mormon. As for me being a modalist, I have told you many times that I am not and you were even shown the differences between that doctrine and the one I believe in. You don't care if you speak untruths about me. You should examine yourself as to why you don't care.

God's Truth

How are still missing what I am saying? I already said that Jesus wasn't literally GOD almighty.

Are you saying that the Holy Spirit of GOD wasn't in Jesus?

Do you think the Holy Spirit of GOD is male, or female, or encompasses both?

Now you are acting as if Meshak didn't understand. lol

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You said Mormon. As for me being a modalist, I have told you many times that I am not and you were even shown the differences between that doctrine and the one I believe in. You don't care if you speak untruths about me. You should examine yourself as to why you don't care.

Prove it. Produce the post.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
She gives me life.........

She gives me life.........

Continuing on topic, we are reminded again of the textual evidence and support of the Holy Spirit as the feminine aspect/part of the Godhead. Beyond the formal textual context, we have further support from early judeo-christian teaching and tradition recognizing the Spirit in her creative, regenerative and nurturing role in creation and redemption.