Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

The only way to come to Christ is through the Bible. You need to read the following;

John 3:16-18 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Who do you think denies the Christ out of those books listed in the op?

Have you read any of them?

I was saved before I ever read any sacred text...don't limit GOD to a book. It is unbefitting to HIM, and you.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who do you think denies the Christ out of those books listed in the op?

Have you read any of them?

I was saved before I ever read any sacred text...don't limit GOD to a book. It is unbefitting to HIM, and you.

1. All of them deny the deity of Jesus
2. I have studied each enough to know that they are cultic
3. I don't care how you were saved. What I am saying is that the Bible is the only book that shows the way to Christ.

popsthebuilder

1. All of them deny the deity of Jesus
2. I have studied each enough to know that they are cultic
3. I don't care how you were saved. What I am saying is that the Bible is the only book that shows the way to Christ.
Oh?

Then what is the way to Christ according to the Bible?

If you can produce it, then I can verify it in any of the texts I listed.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh?

Then what is the way to Christ according to the Bible?

If you can produce it, then I can verify it in any of the texts I listed.

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 10:9-10 New International Version (NIV)

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

popsthebuilder

John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

Romans 10:9-10 New International Version (NIV)

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

All texts agree that real belief in the way to GOD is through the heart, and that such is professed by the believer.

They all show that GOD manifest through creation as well.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry Pops,
Muslims believe that Jesus was a man, not God. Ask one.
Jews do not believe that Jesus is God, Ask one.
Hindus do not believe that Jesus is God, Ask one.
Those of the Bahi faith do not believe that Jesus is God, Ask one.

popsthebuilder

Sorry Pops,
Muslims believe that Jesus was a man, not God. Ask one.
Jews do not believe that Jesus is God, Ask one.
Hindus do not believe that Jesus is God, Ask one.
Those of the Bahi faith do not believe that Jesus is God, Ask one.
I am going off of their respective core sacred texts words, not the words of men.

popsthebuilder

I have listened some of the Muslims and they don't seem to follow Jesus' teachings.

They don't believe in "love your enemy".
I understand your sentiment; I know of some who actually hold to the teachings of mercy; but unfortunately, like the majority of perhaps all religions; they don't all abide by, or even grasp the message of their respective book, but rely on the character or spirit of their fellow man to help guide them. It is the ones who lead others astray who will be severely punished.

popsthebuilder

then why they don't observe His teachings?

Do you know they say they ton love their enemy?
I didn't understand that post. It may have been a typo.

Please understand that I am not defending Muslims as a whole, but their core sacred text.