Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

popsthebuilder

do they teach Jesus' teachings?
It speaks of mercy being best for all.

It indeed speaks of being faithful to GOD; repeatedly.

Being faithful to GOD entails following the example of GOD. His example is gracious mercy; they Quran teaches such.

If there are other specific teachings you had in mind then please reference them so we can be on the same page.

peace

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It speaks of mercy being best for all.

It indeed speaks of being faithful to GOD; repeatedly.

Being faithful to GOD entails following the example of GOD. His example is gracious mercy; they Quran teaches such.

If there are other specific teachings you had in mind then please reference them so we can be on the same page.

peace

You are not mentioning Jesus in your claim.

Jesus teaches how to love one another in detail.

Who is explaining about God and Jesus to them?

popsthebuilder

You are not mentioning Jesus in your claim.

Jesus teaches how to love one another in detail.

Who is explaining about God and Jesus to them?

The Quran speaks of Jesus a good bit, and about GOD almighty a whole lot.

It teaches how to deal with all people, but specifies how to deal with the unfaithful mostly.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You know we can learn what Jesus teaches from 4 gospels.

As a Christian, it is not respectful to our savior if we don't take heed of what Jesus teaches.

Jesus says He is the way and the truth and the life.

Do Muslims believe that?

From what I know they don't.

popsthebuilder

As a Christian, it is not respectful to our savior if we don't take heed of what Jesus teaches.

Do Muslims believe that?

I do not wish to discuss it any further with you if you only wish to speak about people; this discussion is about texts; not proclaimed followers of said texts.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Pops,

You claim to be saved and Jesus is your Savior.

Jesus says He is the way but you don't seem to believe that.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Pro Jesus religion......

Pro Jesus religion......

Do Muslims believe that?

And remember when the angels said, "O Mary, God sends you the good news of a Command of His: his name shall be Messiah, Jesus son of Mary. He will be highly honored in this world and in the Next World and he will be among those favored by God. He will speak to the people alike when in the cradle and when grown up, and he will be among the righteous." Hearing this, Mary said, "How, O Lord, shall I have a son, when no man has ever touched me?" "Thus shall it be,"44 was the answer. God creates whatever He wills. When He decrees a thing, He only says, "Be" and it is. (Continuing their message, the angels added,) "And God will teach him the Book and wisdom, and give him the knowledge of the Torah and the Gospel, and appoint him as His Messenger to the children of Israel." Quran 3:45-49

All references to Jesus in the Koran are here. You may be more of a 'muslim' than you know, if you are one who submits to God, and strives to do his will (which is what being a 'muslim' means). They also deny that Jesus is God and the Trinity which is right up your alley :)

Mohammed obviously gleaned from the Bible and carried on his prophetic work as a continuation and culmination of prophetic ministry, assuming to be God's latest and final messenger. Jesus said he who is not against us is for us.

Islam is certainly not against Jesus as both Messiah and Prophet of God.

glorydaz

Do Muslims believe that?

It teaches how to deal with all people, but specifies how to deal with the unfaithful mostly.

Not even Meshak believes you. You have no business mentioning the name of Jesus Christ in the same sentence as you do the Quran. It is Anti-Christ. They not only deny HIS Divinity, but His crucifixion and resurrection as well. :down:

4:157 That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";-but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not.

https://www.namb.net/apologetics/a-comprehensive-listing-of-references-to-jesus-isa-in-the-qur-an

God's Truth

Who do you think denies the Christ out of those books listed in the op?

Have you read any of them?

I was saved before I ever read any sacred text...don't limit GOD to a book. It is unbefitting to HIM, and you.

You called on the Jesus of the Holy Bible, the Son of God.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Odes of Solomon......

Odes of Solomon......

~·~·~

From the Odes of Solomon:

ODE 12.

1 He hath filled me with words of truth; that I may speak the same;

2 And like the flow of waters flows truth from my mouth, and my lips show forth His fruit.

3 And He has caused His knowledge to abound in me, because the mouth of the Lord is the true Word, and the door of His light;

4 And the Most High hath given it to His words, which are the interpreters of His own beauty, and the repeaters of His praise, and the confessors of His counsel, and the heralds of His thought, and the chasteners of His servants.

5 For the swiftness of the Word is inexpressible, and like its expression is its swiftness and force;

6 And its course knows no limit. Never doth it fail, but it stands sure, and it knows not descent nor the way of it.

7 For as its work is, so is its end: for it is light and the dawning of thought;

8 And by it the worlds talk one to the other; and in the Word there were those that were silent;

9 And from it came love and concord; and they spake one to the other whatever was theirs; and they were penetrated by the Word;

10 And they knew Him who made them, because they were in concord; for the mouth of the Most High spake to them; and His explanation ran by means of it:

11 For the dwelling-place of the Word is man: and its truth is love.

12 Blessed are they who by means thereof have understood everything, and have known the Lord in His truth. Hallelujah

popsthebuilder

Not even Meshak believes you. You have no business mentioning the name of Jesus Christ in the same sentence as you do the Quran. It is Anti-Christ. They not only deny HIS Divinity, but His crucifixion and resurrection as well. :down:
So you think the Spirit of GOD can actually die?

And actually, it refers to GOD and His messenger is if one and the same.