Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bright Raven and Jacob want to be teachers here, but they say there is no such thing as ceremonially clean in the Bible.

Acts 24:18
I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance.

I said there is no thing ceremonially unclean. Get it right!

Acts 10:15 New International Version (NIV)

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
These scriptures speak about the CEREMONIAL LAWS. The ceremonial laws were things the Jews had to do to make themselves clean just to worship God. They could not go to the temple to worship God if they were not ceremonially clean.
Leviticus 1:5; Leviticus 4:12;Leviticus 5:2;Leviticus 6:11;Leviticus 7:19; Leviticus 10:14; Leviticus 11:4; Leviticus 12:2; Leviticus 15:32; Leviticus 17:11

Great Scriptures but your statements are not true.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Stay on topic..

Stay on topic..

~·~·~

Sadly there is just a bunch of accusations and discord being sown here,.....thats not the Spirit of Christ, but the Accuser. Lets please stay on topic. Any are free to debate my former points on the subject here and elsewhere.

It remains for Bible-only folks to prove the Bible is a perfect, infallible, inerrant, complete or final revelation of God, while the omnipresent God has been blocked off from all other peoples, cultures and religious traditions. There is also the issue of progressive revelation.

popsthebuilder

The old law had works involved, they were the works of the law called the purification/ceremonial works. Those works were The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

The people had to do those works. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory and the covenants; theirs the giving of the Law, the temple worship, and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all.

If a person did not do the works of the law, then they were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

Jesus came and taught the rules and guidelines for the new law, the new covenant.
Then he shed his blood on the cross for the new covenant.

Paul became a minister of that new covenant.
I cannot help but notice that you didn't mention the free will offering.

It is a good thing; as this one was/ is quite literal. Yet still, not though; as one's will is changed and conformed so that they genuinely want to please the Lord, making their will to abide by His will.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Hebrews 9:13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.

Hebrews 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.

The regulations were the works to be clean to go to the temple to worship God, and to eat the Passover, to observe special days.
All which can be understood from a metaphorical perspective.

It is the internal cleansing/ cutting away of/ from the carnal desires of the flesh/of self. It is the sacrifice/ giving up of what one loves/ desires out of love for GOD and creation, due to actual belief. It is the not mixing that which is good and holy with that which is contrary to what is known to be good through the Spirit of life. I would like to go over some of the old commands of the law of Moses/ Musa and Arron, and discuss what they refer to spiritually.

Would you be interested in doing that with me?

popsthebuilder

The WORK OF THE LAW is the purification/ceremonial works!

Those purification works are what made a person CLEAN, or UNCLEAN

The Gentiles were SEPARATE FROM GOD and DEAD in their sins because they did not do THOSE works...they did not have the seal of CIRCUMCISION IN THEIR FLESH.

Circumcision of the flesh was the evidence that one obeyed the purification works.

However, now through Christ, the Holy Spirit is the seal and evidence.

This scripture is about the UNCIRCUMCISED GENTILES, they were the enemies because they did not clean themselves with the PURIFICATION WORKS:

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,
But we do have texts showing that one is purified through faith/ belief in Christ/ the Spirit of GOD/the Holy Spirit. And that they are circumcised of the heart and mind; an inner cutting away of greed and pride for the sake of good and the glory of GOD alone.

popsthebuilder

These are your ideas not mine. I do not need to accept them.

Being clean does include going to the temple, but it is not about the temple so you are wrong and on the wrong path, etc....

Shalom.

Jacob
She is trying to say that one must genuinely desire to be clean inwardly in order to enter the Temple/ know of the substance there of.

Would you like to go over some of the commands of the law of Moses with me and discuss how they are pertinent and do relate to is as believers in the Word of GOD?

God's Truth

But we do have texts showing that one is purified through faith/ belief in Christ/ the Spirit of GOD/the Holy Spirit. And that they are circumcised of the heart and mind; an inner cutting away of greed and pride for the sake of good and the glory of GOD alone.

Why do you say 'but'?

The old law had the works of the law that the people had to do to purify themselves, or they could not go to the temple, and they could not eat the Passover, etc.

Now we are made clean by faith that Jesus' blood shed on the cross cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
She is trying to say that one must genuinely desire to be clean inwardly in order to enter the Temple/ know of the substance there of.

Would you like to go over some of the commands of the law of Moses with me and discuss how they are pertinent and do relate to is as believers in the Word of GOD?

I disagree with that approach.

Are you a believer in the Word of God? If so, of course.

popsthebuilder

No one can be that dumb and still know how to speak English and own a device to where they can post on a public website?
That was not a question.
What it he really has some diminishment in some area? Are you wholly physically and mentally perfect?

Please do not call him dumb.

What is it you say; "derogatory remarks are no defence for the truth"?

If you feel you are right then expound on it in a way even a child can understand.

As a child, and even now at times, it is very difficult to hear what one may be attempting to convey over the pain caused by negativity.

We are known by what comes out of our mouths here. I am bad about it; probably worse than you, but that doesn't mean we should excuse such. Are you not here to attempt to teach? No one will learn anything but spite/ anger, or pain from being put down in such a way. There is a way to rebuke or perhaps even chasten without that.

I hope you do not take offense. You know I would contact you privately if I could, and I feel even more responsible due to the fact that I started this thread.

popsthebuilder

I disagree with that approach.

Are you a believer in the Word of God? If so, of course.

I am a believer in the Word of GOD, both written and spiritual, and the Christ/ Holy Spirit of GOD manifest through creation/ man/ Holy Temple.

By temple I did not mean of the hands of man.

peace

(I think that may be the first time you didn't tell me peace or shalom. Can I ask why; or rather; can you answer?)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am a believer in the Word of GOD, both written and spiritual, and the Christ/ Holy Spirit of GOD manifest through creation/ man/ Holy Temple.

By temple I did not mean of the hands of man.

peace

(I think that may be the first time you didn't tell me peace or shalom. Can I ask why; or rather; can you answer?)

simple is different from leaving something out

shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

That was not a question.
What it he really has some diminishment in some area? Are you wholly physically and mentally perfect?

Please do not call him dumb.

What is it you say; "derogatory remarks are no defence for the truth"?

If you feel you are right then expound on it in a way even a child can understand.

As a child, and even now at times, it is very difficult to hear what one may be attempting to convey over the pain caused by negativity.

We are known by what comes out of our mouths here. I am bad about it; probably worse than you, but that doesn't mean we should excuse such. Are you not here to attempt to teach? No one will learn anything but spite/ anger, or pain from being put down in such a way. There is a way to rebuke or perhaps even chasten without that.

I hope you do not take offense. You know I would contact you privately if I could, and I feel even more responsible due to the fact that I started this thread.

Stop telling me how to respond to Jacob. I have debated him for years and he always plays this game with me and then tells me I am a woman and not to talk to him.

I always take careful time explaining to him, even though I know how it will end up.

I don't go around telling you to stop calling glorydazed and the others liars and other such things, so why do you think you should tell me how to defend myself and the truth?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Stop telling me how to respond to Jacob. I have debated him for years and he always plays this game with me and tells me I am a woman and not to talk to him.

I don't go around telling you to stop calling glorydazed and the others liars and other such things, so why do you think you should tell me how to defend myself and the truth?
You wrote this to someone else.

But, are you a man? If so then I was wrong. But I asked. I am not playing a game or any game or any game with you. I am instructed by God's Holy Word to not allow a woman to teach me or exercise authority over me.

I don't debate you. I do not know why you debate me or believe yourself to have debated or to be debating me.

Don't feel that you have to talk to me. You don't have to. If you are a woman then I don't want you to.

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

You wrote this to someone else.

But, are you a man? If so then I was wrong. But I asked. I am not playing a game or any game or any game with you. I am instructed by God's Holy Word to not allow a woman to teach me or exercise authority over me.

I don't debate you. I do not know why you debate me or believe yourself to have debated or to be debating me.

Don't feel that you have to talk to me. You don't have to. If you are a woman then I don't want you to.

Shalom.

Jacob

You are the one who quoted me and asked me questions.

It is not important if I am a man or a women.

You ask questions then when I carefully explain to you, you say it is not in the Bible, and then you say you can't be taught by a woman. I spent a lot of time today giving you scriptures and carefully explaining the truth to you and then you say the same thing as always.

Now stop quoting me and asking me questions.

God's Truth

I said there is no thing ceremonially unclean. Get it right!

Acts 10:15 New International Version (NIV)

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

I was talking about the OLD LAW.

You said there was nothing ceremonially unclean. That is a false statement.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are the one who quoted me and asked me questions.

It is not important if I am a man or a women.

You ask questions then when I carefully explain to you, you say it is not in the Bible, and then you say you can't be taught by a woman. I spent a lot of time today giving you scriptures and carefully explaining the truth to you and then you say the same thing as always.

Now stop quoting me and asking me questions.

It is important. Else I would not have asked. Otherwise I forfeit my knowledge of scripture and my mental and physical wellbeing.

Reply or quote or the quote of you is in the reply?

1 Timothy 2:12 ESV - I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

2 Timothy 2:2 CSB - What you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, commit to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.

Ephesians 6:2 NKJV - "Honor your father and mother," which is the first commandment with promise:

1 Timothy 5:17 NKJV - Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and doctrine.

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

All which can be understood from a metaphorical perspective.

It is the internal cleansing/ cutting away of/ from the carnal desires of the flesh/of self. It is the sacrifice/ giving up of what one loves/ desires out of love for GOD and creation, due to actual belief. It is the not mixing that which is good and holy with that which is contrary to what is known to be good through the Spirit of life. I would like to go over some of the old commands of the law of Moses/ Musa and Arron, and discuss what they refer to spiritually.

Would you be interested in doing that with me?

Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets means everything in the Old Testament was about him.

All the things written in the Old Testament were prophecies about what was coming.

What was coming is Jesus Christ.

Jesus coming fulfilled all the prophecies and purification/ceremonial laws.

The purification/ceremonial laws were a teaching tool, a shadow of Jesus.

Circumcision was a purification law and a seal.

Jesus circumcises our hearts with the Holy Spirit and is now our seal.

All the special days were about Jesus.

Jesus came and we now observe Jesus all day every day.

Various external washings and the sacrifice of animals for their blood were required to atone for ones soul.

Faith in Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we repent of and atones for our souls.

The people used to have to clean themselves just to go to the temple to worship God where His Spirit was.

Since Jesus we become the temple of the Spirit of God.

glorydaz

And I was saying the same goes for you.

I quoted you saying I am condemned.

Now you want to pretend like you didn't say it.

Whatever.

Well, you are condemned....your own words condemn you. That doesn't mean I wish it for you. I wish you would hear and believe the Gospel. I wish you would acknowledge Jesus as Lord, God, and Saviour.

Alas.....you run after foreign gods.