Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

glorydaz

Yeah it might be hard for some people to not get defensive when you say they are set for destruction or Eternal damnation, unsaved, or crazy.

If you had ANY assurance of salvation, you'd not care what someone on an internet forum might say.

You should understand that defensiveness is a sign of insecurity, and an inordinate concern about what other people think of you.

You simply protest too much for it not to be the case.

God's Truth

I cannot help but notice that you didn't mention the free will offering.

It is a good thing; as this one was/ is quite literal. Yet still, not though; as one's will is changed and conformed so that they genuinely want to please the Lord, making their will to abide by His will.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Why do you think it should have been mentioned when I am speaking about commands from God? It is a freewill offering.

God's Truth

If you had ANY assurance of salvation, you'd not care what someone on an internet forum might say.

You should understand that defensiveness is a sign of insecurity, and an inordinate concern about what other people think of you.

Maybe we are worried about a person who shows so much hate?

Maybe we want to debate here without your constant verbal abuse.

God's Truth

All which can be understood from a metaphorical perspective.

It is the internal cleansing/ cutting away of/ from the carnal desires of the flesh/of self. It is the sacrifice/ giving up of what one loves/ desires out of love for GOD and creation, due to actual belief.

What do you mean giving up of what one loves?

glorydaz

Maybe we are worried about a person who shows so much hate?

Maybe we want to debate here without your constant verbal abuse.

Maybe I don't care what you want.

I was responding to a post....more than one post.

You, on the other hand, butt into posts all over this board and say the same nonsense over and over again.

Maybe you should take a vacation. :banana:

God's Truth

It is important. Else I would not have asked. Otherwise I forfeit my knowledge of scripture and my mental and physical wellbeing.

Reply or quote or the quote of you is in the reply?

Shalom.

Jacob

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Please just put me on ignore, and I will do the same.

God's Truth

~·~·~

Sadly there is just a bunch of accusations and discord being sown here,.....thats not the Spirit of Christ, but the Accuser. Lets please stay on topic. Any are free to debate my former points on the subject here and elsewhere.

It remains for Bible-only folks to prove the Bible is a perfect, infallible, inerrant, complete or final revelation of God, while the omnipresent God has been blocked off from all other peoples, cultures and religious traditions. There is also the issue of progressive revelation.

There is only one Way, and it it by the Jew Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

You have just lied about me. I did not say any such thing.

I don't lie. You are the one who is not telling the truth.

Here is the proof of what was said:
So tell us all here how a Jew is to be made clean.

That is not a subject entertained by scripture.

There, I proved it that you did say it.

Again, you do this to me all the time when we debate.

I will ignore you for now on.

popsthebuilder

Well, you are condemned....your own words condemn you. That doesn't mean I wish it for you. I wish you would hear and believe the Gospel. I wish you would acknowledge Jesus as Lord, God, and Saviour.

Alas.....you run after foreign gods.
Please stop lying about me.

I read the Quran before I ever read the Bible.

The law brings us to Christ.

There is only One GOD almighty.

popsthebuilder

Stop telling me how to respond to Jacob. I have debated him for years and he always plays this game with me and then tells me I am a woman and not to talk to him.

I always take careful time explaining to him, even though I know how it will end up.

I don't go around telling you to stop calling glorydazed and the others liars and other such things, so why do you think you should tell me how to defend myself and the truth?
I saying only not to call any fool, and you know it.

Me calling one out on an opened lie is different to me, but perhaps it is no different. It is negative and doesn't help anything.

We aren't specifically told not to call out a lie when we see one though.

popsthebuilder

You wrote this to someone else.

But, are you a man? If so then I was wrong. But I asked. I am not playing a game or any game or any game with you. I am instructed by God's Holy Word to not allow a woman to teach me or exercise authority over me.

I don't debate you. I do not know why you debate me or believe yourself to have debated or to be debating me.

Don't feel that you have to talk to me. You don't have to. If you are a woman then I don't want you to.

Shalom.

Jacob
She is a woman.
So if you believe she is some how lesser than you, then do not discuss things with her. Put her on ignore that you won't continue to make the same mistake.

popsthebuilder

I care for their sake, not because they speak lies about me, but because lying is wrong in general and will be weighed against them.

God's Truth

I saying only not to call any fool, and you know it.

Me calling one out on an opened lie is different to me, but perhaps it is no different. It is negative and doesn't help anything.

We aren't specifically told not to call out a lie when we see one though.

I didn't call him a fool. I didn't want to call him a liar because I thought being slow was not as bad as being a liar. I was giving him the benefit of not being able to help the bad way he treats me when we debate. You have no business telling me how to speak to others so stop doing it.

popsthebuilder

I didn't call him a fool. I didn't want to call him a liar because I thought being slow was not as bad as being a liar. I was giving him the benefit of not being able to help the bad way he treats me when we debate. You have no business telling me how to speak to others so stop doing it.
You know I will defend who I percieve to have been wronged.

I do the same for you.

It is done and over. Let us leave it at that please. I will heed your words and my own.

God's Truth

She is a woman.
So if you believe she is some how lesser than you, then do not discuss things with her. Put her on ignore that you won't continue to make the same mistake.

You really don't know if I am a man or a woman, and it doesn't matter.

God's Truth

You know I will defend who I percieve to have been wronged.

I do the same for you.

It is done and over. Let us leave it at that please. I will heed your words and my own.

You are a hypocrite then. Don't tell me how to speak to other people. You are not qualified.