Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

EVERYONE, regardless of whether or not they are willing to acknowledge it, knows this is Sum1sgruj/Skybringr/Homeskillet.

Not really.

All we know is that both Sum1sgruj and Crucible are against feminists.

The posting style and word choices indicate that these are two different people.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Not really.

All we know is that both Sum1sgruj and Crucible are against feminists.

The posting style and word choices indicate that these are two different people.

that's what i see

and i used to enjoy watching sum1 - enjoyed his increasingly frenetic posting and inevitable flame-outs and meltdowns

definitely not the same guy

Arsenios

You have zero proof that marriage is a sacrament.

Mark 10:9 is not zero...

The idea of a sacrament is a man-made one.

So you think that Mark 10:9 is man-made?

There are no sacraments in the church.

Is the Church the Body of Christ Who is Her Head?

The Catholic church has 7 sacraments.

The Orthodox Faith does not limit the Mysteries to 7...

It has taken upon itself to have authority in administering these.

You probably need to talk to a Roman Catholic about that...

This is just a tradition which arose long after the original church.

A Sacrament is a Mystery intersecting created creation with the uncreated Creator of that creation in a Holy Union for a Divine purpose... Christ placed a napkin on his face and sent it to a sick person who was healed by it... The Apostles did likewise...

You cannot bring one scripture to show the church should marry anyone.

Mark 10:9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Church completely left out.

Christ is God incarnate, and the Church is the Body of Christ, and Christ is the Head of His Body, the Church... When Mark 10:9 says "What God has joined..." he does not mean what a man and a woman have decided to do together.

If the latter were the case, then a man can join himself together with anything he might choose...

When God joins two into one in creation, He does so within His Body, the Church... Christ in Cana sanctified this union at the changing of water into wine... Wine later becomes His Blood at another Feast after He gives thanks and blesses it...

This is not about good times rock and roll...

Since the church has no power to bind, it has no power to loose.

Yours would not seem to... It is an Apostolic Gift, and it abides in the Apostolic Church... Are you saying that YOUR church is bereft of this Gift?

When two Christians get married they should know that before God, they are covenanting to be joined for life.

Then it is a human covenant before God for life...

It is therefore NOT God JOINING the two into one...

When two secular folk get married, it means whatever the state says it means.

Which is why a Christian Marriage is a Sacramental Mystery done BY the Body of Christ-God joining a man and a woman within that Holy Body of our Lord...

Otherwise, two "Christian" men [or women] can make a covenant before God to marry for life... Marriage is far more than human commitment, because its wine in Christ leads to the Life-giving Blood of our Savior unto the Salvation of our souls...

Arsenios

Last edited:

Arsenios

in what way is that the behavior of a Christian man?

what do you think it means, to be a Christian, a follower of Christ?

Christians are sinners in repentance, and they can fall from their repentance, and commit crimes... There are Christians who have murdered, raped, stolen and vandalized... When that happens, say in marriage, where the man rapes his own wife, the crime falls under the law and the criminal is punished...

Arsenios

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If TOL management can tell he is a sock and allows him to stay, what is that to you?
I think allowing people who've learned how to behave and evidence contrition is a sound practice. I've seen it work a few times. But without that evidence (at least by the time it's discovered) it's just making the rules more or less a paper-thin justification for getting rid of some people and draws those rules into contempt by the reasonable man.

Now some will say if it's your house you can do what you want and they're right, in the same way the law of our land is right on abortion.

So I expect better and, more often than not, I think we get better. The exceptions can be hard to understand or agree with, but that's life for you.

Last edited:

Arsenios

Look to my profile photo. Please pray for my young son he is suffering some psychological troubles .

I see 4 faces - Very small picture...

You and your wife and older son...

And a small child on the left...

I know a very good psychologist in Cairo, but he just died last month... A dear friend of mine... As is his son here in the US...

So you live in Egypt, but are not a Copt?

And Egypt has clamped down on Islamic killers?

That is very good to hear...

I will pray for your young son...

I can pray for him by name if you would send me his name by private message here on this site... But he is already being held in the poverty of my prayers...

I understand that over 400 Egyptian Imams have converted to Coptic Orthodox Christianity... Have you heard of it? Some Coptic Priest with a television program broadcasting daily... From the US now - Too many fahtwa's on him in Egypt...

Arsenios

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.