Is M.A.D. a dangerous heresy? It demands much scripture to be ignored

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Water baptism, attending church every Sunday, and doing good works/deeds isn't what makes you a member of the Body of Christ and a Child of God.

No, but public confession of being cleansed of guilt and thereby raised to new life, and showing a desire to openly worship the God of such forgiving Grace, one day out of seven, along with performing holy acts of love and charity in His name, certainly does no harm and is an obvious way to share the Gospel . . Is it not?

SimpleMan77

[MENTION=2589]Clete[/MENTION] I goofed in responding, but put most of my replies somehow in the body of your post (wasn't used to the desktop version). I replied item by item to your questions. I'll try to revise it

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, but public confession of being cleansed of guilt and thereby raised to new life, and showing a desire to openly worship the God of such forgiving Grace, one day out of seven, along with performing holy acts of love and charity in His name, certainly does no harm and is an obvious way to share the Gospel . . Is it not?

The problem is, you're a Calvinist and Calvinists believe that God already chose who He wanted to save before the foundation of the world. Furthermore, He chose who would spend eternity in eternal damnation. (The Lake of Fire.) Calvinists don't believe that humanity has a free will of their own.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Peter preached repentance, baptism and the infilling of the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost.

The same message was preached to the Samaritans, the Gentiles, and by Paul to disciples who didn't have fullness of truth (Acts 19, disciples of John the Baptist).

James taught that faith without works is dead, and Paul's writings are full of instructions on pleasing God, with Paul stating that He would be a castaway if he didn't keep his human nature in submission to God's truth.

Some MAD adherents explain away baptism, James's teaching on works, John's teaching on the absolute authority of the Apostles, etc by making the excuse that the original 12 didn't have the revelation to be giving commandments to the Gentiles, and contend their their revelation was different in nature and content than Paul's.

It ends up making some scriptures contradictory rather than complementary, which is dangerous.
  1. Can you support this position?
  2. So what if parts of the message were the same? MAD actually says they are.
  3. It has never been the MAD position that the messages are 100% different.
  4. Do the rules following Eden contradict the rules following the Flood? Or do they differ for a reason?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Are you saying that the only way you can know that you have "ALL your faith in Christ" is that you purposely avoid anything that looks like obedience to biblical teaching? Start with Paul's instruction to "avenge not yourselves". That takes trying - working if you will - to overcome flesh. If I deny my nature and do that to please God I'm wrong? I don't think you're saying that, but I can't tell the difference.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

You are guaranteed eternal life by hearing the Grace Gospel that was preached by the Apostle Paul and placing ALL your faith in Christ as your Savior. The Holy Spirit, then, seals, indwells and baptizes (not by water) you into The Body of Christ. You will then receive, the Righteousness of Christ, the guarantee of eternal life, the forgiveness of all your sins: The Past, present, and future. Last but not least, you will not have to stand before God the Father and be judged by your works and cast into The Lake of Fire for eternity. This all comes to you as a free gift from God through the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit draws all of humanity to Christ and they have the opportunity to hear the Gospel and respond with faith in Christ as their Savior. I did it a little over 50 years ago (Circa; 1962 at 12 years old.)

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The problem is, you're a Calvinist and Calvinists believe that God already chose who He wanted to save before the foundation of the world. Furthermore, He chose who would spend eternity in eternal damnation. (The Lake of Fire.) Calvinists don't believe that humanity has a free will of their own.

Salvation does not depend upon the will of man, but is performed through and through, from beginning to end, by the perfect and holy will of Sovereign God.

Only an unrepentant soul would or will deny this Truth.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus told them to not go to the Gentiles before Calvary, and afterward He told them to go.
That's what I've been saying.
Just because it was an instruction from Jesus to them at that time does not mean that His instruction could not change later.
And sure enough, it did change from "Go not unto the Gentiles" to "Go to all nations".
MAD recognizes that those instructions are not the same because MAD recognizes that things that differ are not the same.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That's what I've been saying.
Just because it was an instruction from Jesus to them at that time does not mean that His instruction could not change later.
And sure enough, it did change from "Go not unto the Gentiles" to "Go to all nations".
MAD recognizes that those instructions are not the same because MAD recognizes that things that differ are not the same.

A differing economy or various administration of God's will, never changed His Gospel message or promises (Covenent) of The Savior, who with power called/calls out His Church throughout all the ages of history.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's enough truthful information throughout TOL about The Grace Gospel and The Doctrine of MAD, to lead someone to eternal life in Heaven, with God.

Unfortunately, there's enough untruthful information on TOL to confuse and lead posters away from entering eternal life. It's the same way throughout this world of ours. Your best bet is to pray to God in earnest that, He will, through the Holy Spirit, show you the truth and help you to accept it. The other thing I would recommend someone who has uncertainty is, to get ahold of a King James or New King James Bible and begin reading Romans through Philemon. However, before you begin reading, say a little prayer that God will give you the wisdom and knowledge to understand and accept what you're about to read. You can read a chapter at a time or whatever you have time for.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Salvation does not depend upon the will of man, but is performed through and through, from beginning to end, by the perfect and holy will of Sovereign God.

Your "Religion" is false. Your doctrine is false. Your Mentor: John Calvin was wrong. You have no Testimony of how to help lead someone to eternal life. Calvinists are too busy telling people to, "Have a wait and see attitude?" Maybe you were chosen to be saved or maybe you were chosen for eternal damnation? You believe that one must first be regenerated, before, they can receive saving faith. This isn't not true. The Bible says in Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

No, only a Calvinist who accepts false doctrine and "Another gospel" would say such a thing. There is NO Spiritual truth in Calvinism.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinism is a "Satanic Counterfeit Religion" that denies the Grace Gospel that The Apostle Paul preached. Calvinists worship a god and gospel of their own creation. It has nothing to do with the God of the Bible and the one true Gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
However, that's enough about the false religion of Calvinism. This thread is about the legitimacy of MAD Doctrine. The opposition disagrees with this premise, however.

My answer to "Is MAD a dangerous heresy" would be, No way!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

quote-augustine-does-not-disagree-with-this-when-he-teaches-that-it-is-a-faculty-of-the-reason-john-calvin-4-57-03.jpg

Contending theological giants for your elementary cherry picking is why yall look stupid :rolleyes:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Crucible has mixed Calvinism and Catholicism together to create a very strange "Hybrid Religion" for himself. What a guy. I'm afraid he's lost my respect. However, come to think of it, he never had it to begin with. :chuckle: