Is M.A.D. a dangerous heresy? It demands much scripture to be ignored

Right Divider

Body part
I don't see why that would be the subject of Acts.
That does not surprise me a bit.

It takes place, but it is not the subject.
Says the guy that always forces ideas from OUTSIDE the Bible ONTO the Bible.

The subject is Paul's bio so that the attorney representing him to Caesar has all the material he needs to show that Paul was not part of the Zealots or Judaizers who sought unrest against Rome.
That's a cute story, where did you get it?

In ch 26, Paul completely removes himself from any further/future messianic expectation by repeating that the resurrection of Christ completely fulfills those expectations and created the mission he worked in the rest of his life. Rome policed rumors of messianic expectations tightly.
Maybe the RISEN and ASENDED LORD Jesus Christ gave Paul a dispensation of the gospel. May the LORD gave Paul the dispensation of the grace of God. Ya, maybe that's it!

Since the topic of the fall of Israel is there, and terminates in the DofJ, why is there so much antagonism to knowing what happened in the DofJ?
:nono:

SimpleMan77

The Book of Acts is about the fall of Israel. Keep reading it to the end. Then continue on into the Pauline epistles.

One story of the Gospel offered. You never find one place that the law was taught for salvation after Calvary - by Peter, James or Paul. Never one time.

Israel fell for the final time when they crucified Jesus. The parable in Luke 20 foretold it perfectly, ending in Luke 20:15-16
So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them? He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

The "others" he gave it to was was a spiritual nation made up of Jews and Gentiles.

That is just simply Bible.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Right Divider

Body part
One story of the Gospel offered. You never find one place that the law was taught for salvation after Calvary - by Peter, James or Paul. Never one time.

Israel fell for the final time when they crucified Jesus. The parable in Luke 20 foretold it perfectly, ending in Luke 20:15-16
So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them? He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

The "others" he gave it to was was a spiritual nation made up of Jews and Gentiles.

That is just simply Bible.

That's just silly and NOT Biblical.

Acts 21:20 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:20) And when they heard [it], they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

There is nothing in the Bible that condemns these Jews for being zealous of the law. Jesus told them to keep ALL of the law. Paul says that we are not under the law.

This is just simple Bible.

SimpleMan77

(21:20) And when they heard [it], they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

There is nothing in the Bible that condemns these Jews for being zealous of the law. Jesus told them to keep ALL of the law. Paul says that we are not under the law.

My point still stands. The Law was never taught for salvation. The Jews started out keeping the law before salvation, and they were never forced to abandon it.

There is a huge difference between teaching it as a requirement for salvation and not forcing someone to abandon it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

:doh:
Is that what 'rightly dividing' is- yall think God commands the Law for the Jews and not Gentiles?

<This is why I'm glad I have Reformed belief, because in America it's easy to fall right into dubious doctrine>

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
To say that, Mid-Acts Dispensationalism is a dangerous heresy is to say the Grace Gospel is heresy. You may ask why I conclude that? Well, because MAD is a huge part of the Grace Gospel. You cannot separate the two. Having said that, one can be ignorant of MAD and still be a member of the Body of Christ.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you were working for me where I was foreman on a road-cleaning crew, and I said "only clean 7th street, because that is all we're supposed to".
Then, next week, I said "clean 8th street", you can't say "wait, you aren't being consistent".
Jesus came to the Jews first, but his bigger plan was to reach the Gentiles at the right time.
An honest MADist will say "I don't agree, but that COULD be what He meant". No scripture disproves this interpretation.
Jesus didn't even go to Jerusalem until it was the perfect time. He didn't instruct his followers to evangelize the Gentiles until it was the perfect time. It's all timing.

The obvious plan was to send Paul to the Gentiles as the Apostle to the Gentiles. Understand? Paul's only message to the Gentiles was the Grace Gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Bible doesn't say when the blood is applied. That terminology comes from the Passover, and while it did symbolically represent the work of Calvary, we don't see the blood on the doorposts referred to specifically in the New Testament.

What we do see is that we Gentiles are "made nigh" by the blood. The saints of Revelations had washed their own garments and made them white in the blood.

The blood was sprinkled on things all the way to the promised land. It starts by bringing us near before we even respond. It works to break chains as we leave sin. It is applied to our lives all along the way, including at baptism.

One thing is for certain, if we walk away from Him, and choose sin and disobedience, the blood will not save us against our will.

You really need to concentrate your time on reading/studying the Writings of the Apostle Paul, Romans through Philemon.

Right Divider

Body part
My point still stands. The Law was never taught for salvation. The Jews started out keeping the law before salvation, and they were never forced to abandon it.

There is a huge difference between teaching it as a requirement for salvation and not forcing someone to abandon it.
I never said that the law was taught for salvation. Simply that Israel was given the law to keep.

I don't see anywhere that the LORD told THEM that THEY were no longer under its requirements.

THEIR new covenant shows that the Spirit of the LORD will allow them to keep it perfectly (and in THEIR land).

See Ezekiel 36 & 37 for more details.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The problem I have with MAD is that I see it as a doctrine born out of a desperate desire to prove that no obedience is required in order to be saved, and no amount of disobedience can amount to walking away from God (i.e. being lost).
Obedience out of fear is not obedience. You obey because you don't want to lose your salvation. Mad teaches obedience based on faith. We obey because we love Him.

Salvation comes before obedience to any of His commands. He does not expect or require obedience to anything to receive salvation. And He knows obedience will come as a result of salvation. He also knows that the carnal mind is at enmity with Him and is not subject to His law, nor can it be. [Romans 8:7]

It makes living for God a matter of thinking the thought "I believe", after which time you can live any way you wish. It totally "turns the grace of God into lasciviousness (license to sin)", but of course that scripture was written by Jude, therefore only being applicable to Jews in their view.
You are a liar.

Anyone who thinks they can live in sin is either oblivious to their being dead to sin and alive in Christ, or they are neither of those things and are still lost.

They turn any obedience to God into a "work to earn salvation" so they can convince themselves that anything that is easy on their flesh is perfectly ok, and anything that is a "living sacrifice" is poison (lest we try to earn God's grace).
Another lie.

Of course they have to also twist Paul's words because he says a lot that doesn't agree with their doctrine, but they are ok with that I guess.
Such as?

I hate to put it that bluntly, but it is the truth
No, it's a lie; from your father.

I'll add that some have been deceived honestly, but "flesh" is the underlying driver behind it.
The deceived here are you and your lot; as you are children f the deceiver.

Truly honest people will understand that we can't earn God's grace, but GRACE, according to Paul, teaches and enables us to "deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, and live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world".
If we can't earn it how can we lose it?

Yes, that is the power of grace. And that is why we obey, not out of fear for our salvation.

Obedience in light of grace is Paul's way of putting it. Romans 12:1-2. Grace renews our minds, and teaches us how to prove what is the good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God. The chapters following tell us how to prove that by "keeping our flesh in subjection". Paul said that even he would be a castaway if he didn't keep his flesh under the rule of the Spirit of Holiness.
While we should keep our flesh under control, and only by grace can that even be done, where and when does Paul say he would be cast away if he did not?

John could not baptize with the Holy Spirit, only Jesus can.
I know this. What's your point?

1. To make eternal security be true, you have to throw out huge portions of the Bible. Paul, for one, said that if he did not "keep under his body" that he would be a castaway. He also said that the flesh and Spirit are at enmity one with another, and the only ones who are the sons of God are those who will follow the Spirit of God.
Where did Paul say he would be a castaway?

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
-1 Corinthians 5:50

The flesh isn't going to Heaven, no matter what. The flesh isn't what is saved.

Again your argument fails.

2. So you are saying that we have to wait until we get to the end of our lives to see if we leave God before we can say for sure if we ever knew Him and He knew us. That is making our eternity and saved status completely conditional on what our choices prove out.
No, that is not what I said.

And even if it had been the logic bears out that our salvation would not be conditional upon our choices, only that we would not know if we're saved until we either walk away or die. But even if that were the case, which it is not, God would know whether or not we are saved.

The Bible tells us that we can know now, though. But it also tells us there are those who are deceived; thinking they are saved when they are not.

3. If saved status happens as soon as you receive the Holy Ghost and start speaking in tongues, and then there is absolutely no obedience required, why did Paul talk about us being a living sacrifice in Romans 12:1, followed by two chapters full of works for us to do?
Not everyone speaks in tongues.

Just because obedience is not required for salvation doesn't make it a bad thing. Even those who are atheists can recognize theft, adultery, murder, etc. as wicked/evil. Maybe not all of them can recognize that, but for the most part... Of course, not all so-called Christians can either.

Then where is it?

5. Actually Jesus told Peter that whatever he bound on earth would be bound in heaven. He spent 3 1/2 years living with Jesus, so I am pretty sure that he knew exactly what Jesus wanted him to command.
hat doesn't answer the question. Where does Peter command anything?

Where is my evidence? In 1 Cor 5:11 Paul says he is "called a brother". There are quite a few other bits of evidence also, but I will leave it at that because it is so plain.
[Jesus]“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.”[/Jesus]
-Matthew 7:21

Paul said that fornicators could not inherit the kingdom of God. He reminded them that they had once been that way, but that God had changed them. Going back to their old sinful ways = going back to their old, unsaved condition.
How does that logically follow? Especially in light of Romans 6-8...

He simply, unequivocally stated that those who live unrighteously in sin shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Actually he said that those who were those things would not inherit the kingdom of God. He then said that those who were in Christ were not those things, even if they had been before. Romans 8:1 speaks to this as well.

Paul clearly states that the instruction he received from Christ he gave to the Corinthians. So, Paul, as a direct instruction from Christ, told the Corinthians to drink of the cup of the New Covenant.
No he didn't. He quoted what Jesus said to the 12 the night of the Last Supper. And then said we should eat and drink in remembrance of His sacrifice until He comes again.

In other words, we should do this over and over again. If this were partaking in the NC why would he tell us to do it repeatedly? Is once not enough?

Did any of the 12 whose writings we have in the Bible say to do the same thing?

And if you think drinking from the cup of the new Covenant isn't embracing that covenant, then you're beyond help.
Recognition isn't partaking.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Jesus baptized by water the way the Father instructed.

Jesus never water baptized anyone.

John 4:1 When Jesus learned that the Pharisees had heard He was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John 2(although it was not Jesus who baptized, but His disciples)

themuzicman

Please QUOTE the scripture that you believe supports such a claim.

23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for[f] you. Do this in remembrance of me.”[g] 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Christ's command to Paul to give to the Gentiles: Drink from the cup of the New Covenant.

themuzicman

No he didn't. He quoted what Jesus said to the 12 the night of the Last Supper. And then said we should eat and drink in remembrance of His sacrifice until He comes again.

23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for[f] you. Do this in remembrance of me.”[g] 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

Paul is giving them correction and instruction on how to execute what Christ had given to him to give to the Gentiles.

In other words, we should do this over and over again. If this were partaking in the NC why would he tell us to do it repeatedly? Is once not enough?

Because we need to be reminded that we are participating in the New Covenant. That's the nature of rituals.

Did any of the 12 whose writings we have in the Bible say to do the same thing?

You mean other than the gospels?

Recognition isn't partaking.

That's actually pretty funny. You have no idea what drinking from the cup of the new Covenant means, drinking of what is symbolically Christ's blood, which forms the new Covenant.

I can only present the obvious.