Is Jesus God?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It still says that Jesus existed prior to Abraham, which is not possible if Jesus is just a human.

Paul explains, "There is a natural body and there is a spiritual body." (1 Corinthians 15:44)

Christ exchanged his immortal spiritual body for a mortal physical body, suffered and died.

The Father converted Jesus' physical body to an immortal spiritual body.

Rosenritter

THEN WHY DOES HE PRAY?

Does he pray to himself?

How many Gods do you have?

Does your body use any type of communication between its various parts? But more precisely Jesus meant to experience our same frailties, thus endured that type of separation.

Hebrews 2:9 KJV
(9) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Hebrews 4:15 KJV
(15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Keypurr, I forget if you have ever answered this question, but is God capable of being in more than one place at a time? Let's use the example of your house. Can he be inside your house and outside your house at the same time? And let's add one more layer to this question: can he be inside your house and in heaven at the same time?

drbrumley

KeyPurrs problem is he needs to know how can this be.....

There is no explanation to it. God thru His word just asserts Jesus and Himself are one in the same. same thing when God just declares he created the heavens and the earth. No proof given....just goes more to KeyPurrs faith than anything else.

keypurr

It still says that Jesus existed prior to Abraham, which is not possible if Jesus is just a human.

Believing something doesn't make it so, Keypurr.

But it is the truth that you refuse to see.

The dove, the dove. The spirit son BECAME flesh.

Jesus was born to Mary, he is a man only, but the spirit that was sent to dwell in him is a created form of God.

keypurr

Does your body use any type of communication between its various parts? But more precisely Jesus meant to experience our same frailties, thus endured that type of separation.

Hebrews 2:9 KJV
(9) But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Hebrews 4:15 KJV
(15) For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Keypurr, I forget if you have ever answered this question, but is God capable of being in more than one place at a time? Let's use the example of your house. Can he be inside your house and outside your house at the same time? And let's add one more layer to this question: can he be inside your house and in heaven at the same time?

God, YHWH, is a spirit and so is his express image. The son of Man is the spirit son that dwelled in and spoke through Jesus. The spirit son was at the creation, Jesus was born to Mary. Jesus is our High Priest and was elevated to Lord of all creation by his God YHWH.

keypurr

How would what you propose be different than possession or channeling?

YHWH created all through his spirit son, Phil 2 tells us that which was IN Jesus Christ came from God and became human. That agrees with John 1 and Heb 1 and Col 1.

keypurr

Because He is ALSO an Israelite.

No, He prays to His Father who is ALSO God.

One God, three persons (as you've been told a million times, at least).

Why do you disreguard John 17:3? Read it again. Your Lord is telling you truth that his Father YHWH is the ONLY TRUE GOD.

Does the son of the most high lie? Or do the traditions lie? I will stick with scripture.

keypurr

KeyPurrs problem is he needs to know how can this be.....

There is no explanation to it. God thru His word just asserts Jesus and Himself are one in the same. same thing when God just declares he created the heavens and the earth. No proof given....just goes more to KeyPurrs faith than anything else.

We can all be one with God. But there is still only one true God, YHWH.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You forgot this post, Keypurr.

You did by asserting the first of the two options I gave you, which was "something (like humility) is good because God recognizes it as good."

Would you like to change your answer to the second option, which is "something is good because God commands that it is good"?

But it is the truth that you refuse to see.

The dove, the dove.

You keep pointing to the dove, yet cannot show with scripture anywhere that it says that the dove entered Jesus.

Because it doesn't, it says the Holy Spirit, in the form of a dove, landed on Jesus.

The spirit son BECAME flesh.

No, the Word became flesh, Keypurr. Stop inserting your own words into scripture.

Jesus was born to Mary, he is a man only,

If you're wrong and Jesus is also God, then this is blasphemy.

but the spirit that was sent to dwell in him is a created form of God.

"Beside me there is no other."
And
"I will not give my glory to another."

These are things (and there are many passages like them) that GOD says.

And then Jesus comes along and says things like:

"Glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

So, either God is a liar, and will share His glory with another deity, or Jesus is a liar, and will burn in hell for blasphemy, or Jesus is God, and will be glorified with His Father in Heaven with the glory He once had before the world was.

I'm gonna go with what scripture says, Keypurr, you should too.

Why do you disreguard John 17:3? Read it again. Your Lord is telling you truth that his Father YHWH is the ONLY TRUE GOD.

Why do you disregard John 17:5, Isaiah 42:8, Isaiah 45:5, and countless other passages that SCREAM that Jesus is God?

Does the son of the most high lie?

Jesus, who is God, the Son of God, the Son of Man, the Word, does not lie.

Or do the traditions lie?

Scripture doesn't lie, Keypurr.

I will stick with scripture.

Seems like you're sticking with your personal tradition.

We can all be one with God.

Utter blasphemy.

You should repent.

But there is still only one true God, YHWH.

Jesus is YHWH. The Father is YHWH. The Holy Spirit is YHWH.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
YHWH created all through his spirit son,

God created the universe Keypurr. To say otherwise is false teaching.

Genesis 1:1: In the beginning GOD...

John 1:1: In the beginning was the WORD...

:think:

Phil 2 tells us that which was IN Jesus Christ came from God and became human.

It does no such thing.

Paul is simply saying to have the same mindset as Christ.

That agrees with John 1 and Heb 1 and Col 1.

Saying it doesn't make it so, Keypurr.

Right Divider

Body part

Does the son of the most high lie? Or do the traditions lie? I will stick with scripture.
You obviously misinterpret John 17:3 since you completely disregard JOHN 1

Start with the FIRST chapter of JOHN and you might not be so CONFUSED.

Pierac

You obviously misinterpret John 17:3 since you completely disregard JOHN 1

Start with the FIRST chapter of JOHN and you might not be so CONFUSED.

Really...

John 1:1

I have another train of thought for you think about. Is what you're reading into John 1 mostly church tradition? For almost 400 years, we have a read John 1 through the eyes of the Catholic Church. (reinforcing the Trinity). In the New Testament, “the Word” (Logos) happens to be of the masculine gender. Therefore, it's pronoun -"he" in our English translations - is a matter of interpretation, not translation. Did John write concerning “the word” that “he” was in the beginning with God or did he write concerning “the word” that “it” was in the beginning with God? As already stated, in the NT Greek the logos or word is masculine noun. It is okay in English to use “he” to refer back to his masculine noun if there is good contextual reason to do so. But is there good reason to make “the word” a “he” here?

It is a fact that all English translations from the Greek before the King James version of 1611 actually read this way: (notice Him and He are now “It”).

Tyndale 1534:
Joh 1:1 In the beginnynge was the worde and the worde was with God: and the worde was God. 2 The same was in the beginnynge with God. 3 All thinges were made by it and with out it was made nothinge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was ye lyght of men

Cranmer 1539
John 1:1 IN the begynnynge was the worde and the worde was wyth God: and God was the worde. 2 The same was in the begynnyng with God. 3 All thynges were made by it and without it, was made nothynge that was made. 4 In it was lyfe and the lyfe was the lyght of men

Bishops 1568:
Joh 1:1 In the begynnyng was the worde, & the worde was with God: and that worde was God. 2 The same was in the begynnyng with God. 3 All thynges were made by it: and without it, was made nothyng that was made. 4 In it was lyfe, and the lyfe was the lyght of men,

Geneva 1587:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God. 2 This same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made. 4 In it was life, and that life was the light of
men.

And now our modern Concordant Literal Version:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word. " 2 This was in the beginning toward God. 3 All came into being through it, and apart from it not even one thing came into being which has come into being." 4 In it was life, and the life was the light of men."

The word logos appears many, many more times in this very Gospel of John. And nowhere else do the translators capitalize it or use the masculine personal pronoun "he" to agree with it! The rest of the New Testament is the same. Logos is variously translated as "statement" (Luke 20:20), “question" (Matt 21:24), "preaching" (1 Tim 5:17), "command" (Gal 5:14),
"message" (Luke 4:32), "matter" (Acts 15:6), "reason" (Acts 10:29),so there is actually no reason to make John one say that "the Word" is the person Jesus himself, unless of course the translators are wanting to make a point to. In all cases logos is an “it.” In the light of this background it is far better to read John's prologue to mean that in the beginning God had a plan, a dream, a grand vision for the world, a reason by which He brought all things into being. This word or plan was expressive of who he is.

"The Word" for John is an “it” not a "he." On one occasion, Jesus is given the name "the word of God" and this is in Revelations 19:13. This name has been given to him after his resurrection and ascension, but we will not find it before his birth. It is not until we come to verse 14 of John's prologue that this logos becomes personal and becomes the son of God, Jesus. "And the Word became flesh." A great plan that God had in his heart from before the creation at last is fulfilled. Be very clear that it does not say that God became flesh.

There is even strong evidence suggesting that John himself reacted to those who were already misusing his gospel to mean that Jesus was himself the Word who had personally preexist the world. When later he wrote his introduction to 1 John, he clearly made the point that what was in the beginning was not a “who” he put it this way:"What was from the beginning,what we have heard,what we have seen with our eyes,what we beheld and our hands handled, concerning the word of life…"

Logos - This word is translated in English as "Word". This word has an actual meaning which has been almost completely lost due to the Greek philosophical interpretation of John 1:1-3 & 14.

who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. (Rev 1:2)

"I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word (logos) of God." (Rev 20:4)

Notice that they were beheaded for their testimony to Jesus AND for the logos of God. Jesus and the word of God are not the same thing.

John 12:48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one [God) who judges him; the word (logos) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Again… Jesus spoke the Logos, as He is not the Logos! So who is the Logos? The very next verse tell us!

Joh 12:49 "For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Jesus is not our Judge, but our savior!

Joh 3:17"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Act 17:30 "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance,God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,31 because He(God)has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead."

Word of God in this verse means God's plan of salvation for us (NAB), i.e. the kingdom of God message. So what does "logos" mean?

Logos - 1. Denotes an internal reasoning process, plan, or intention, as well as an external word. 2. The expression of thought. As embodying a conception or idea (New American Bible (footnote) & Vine’s Expository Dictionary).

According to Liddell and Scott Greek Lexicon, it also means:

Logos - the inward thought which is expressed in the spoken word.

I will give you a brief paraphrase of John 1:1-3 using the definitions for "logos:"

"In the beginning was God's plan, will, or idea for our salvation. It was present in his mind, and God's plan or will possessed all the attributes of God."

The very Trinitarian Roman Catholic New American Bible has this comment on this verse:

"Lack of a definite article with "God" in Greek signifies predication rather than identification."

Predication - to affirm as a quality or attribute (Webster's Dictionary).

So how does the Word (logos) become flesh in John 1:14? Let me use an example which most of us can relate to. We are all familiar with the expression, "was this baby planned?" Let's say it was planned. You and your wife had a plan to have a baby. You had a logos, a plan. Your plan (logos) became flesh the day that your baby was born. In the same way, God's plan of salvation for us became a reality, became flesh, when Jesus was born. This verse is probably one of the biggest culprits in the creation of the trinity. The reason being that to someone educated in Greek philosophy such as the early church fathers of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, centuries, logos had an entirely different meaning. Tertullian who was responsible for much of the creation of the trinity was a Stoic lawyer. The Stoics defined "logos" as the "divine principle of life." Which is basically a definition of God. With this definition you are going to arrive at a completely different interpretation than what John intended. You will interpret it something like this:

"In the beginning was the divine principle of life, and the divine principle of life was with God, and the divine principle of life was God. Then, the divine principle of life became flesh."

With this definition you arrive at the conclusion that the divine principle of life, which is God, became flesh. Now you have God's essence in two places at once. The explanation for this obvious problem came in the form of the Doctrine of the Trinity. Then you have God's essence in flesh, so the description of Jesus becomes that he is fully God and fully man. These concepts come straight out of Greek philosophy. Greek philosophers believed that man was composed of flesh and a divine spark.

John 12:48 "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word (logos) I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.

Again… Jesus spoke the Logos, He is not the Logos!

1Jn 1:1 What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life-- 2 and the life was manifested, and we have seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us--

What does scripture teach you about... What was from the beginning?

Pay attention as we need to get a little deeper comparing both John 1:1 with 1 John 1:1

John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word." 1 John 1:1"What was from the beginning, what we have heard."

Notice that in John what is from the beginning is the word, and in 1 John what is from the beginning is something that they heard (a message).

Look closely...

1 John 2:7 - "Beloved, I am writing no new commandment to you but an old commandment that you had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word that you have heard."

In 1 John 1:1 what was from the beginning is something that they heard, here in 1 John 2:7 the old commandment is what they have had from the beginning,(sound familiar?) and the old commandment is the "WORD" that they what? Heard! The same as in 1 John 1:1.

So, What commandment is John speaking about?

John is speaking about what Jesus called the greatest commandment, ( Mark 12:29-30 ) the commandment of love which God gave the Hebrews from the beginning. The message of love that the proclamation of the Kingdom of God brings with it.

How do we know for sure that this is the message and/or the commandment that they heard from the beginning? Because John tells you so in 1 John 3:11 and 1 John 3:23:

"For this is the message you have HEARD from the BEGINNING: we should love one another."

"And his commandment is this: we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another."

Loving one another is how the world will know that we are followers of God’s Christ.

John 13:30 – "This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

According to Paul (Romans 13:9), the law of love is the fulfillment of the Mosaic Law and it is the Law in the coming Kingdom of God which the Messiah has come to proclaim. These are Jesus’ own words.

John is talking about the message or Logos (known by you as “word”!)

By making John 1 a Trinity support verse, you lose so much truth!

Paul
:poly: :readthis:

Pierac

Spoken like a true democrat! No counter point, no nothing!

Your so... lazy!!! It's apparent to all you can't go beyond what your told to believe in your Church! You have no clue to what you actually believe or even how to respond! you only spew out what your told to believe, with no idea how to defend it! so... to simply say NO! As if somehow you won the debate! WOW!!!

You need to change your name to Rightfulfollower, as you divide nothing!!! You are a true spiritual sissy. Next time please actually try to defend your ideas/beliefs for once... Tell me how Jesus HAS a GOD... Yet you claim he Is God

So like a true follower divider you are... run to your pastor, and beg for help on how to respond!

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Spoken like a true democrat! No counter point, no nothing!

Your so... lazy!!! It's apparent to all you can't go beyond what your told to believe in your Church! You have no clue to what you actually believe or even how to respond! you only spew out what your told to believe, with no idea how to defend it! so... to simply say NO! As if somehow you won the debate! WOW!!!

You need to change your name to Rightfulfollower, as you divide nothing!!! You are a true spiritual sissy. Next time please actually try to defend your ideas/beliefs for once... Tell me how Jesus HAS a GOD... Yet you claim he Is God

So like a true follower divider you are... run to your pastor, and beg for help on how to respond!

Paul

If all you're going to do is throw ad hominems around, you should just leave before you get :banned:.

So stop being lazy (and a hypocrite, btw) and try engaging in civil, rational discussion.

Pierac

If all you're going to do is throw ad hominems around, you should just leave before you get :banned:.

So stop being lazy (and a hypocrite, btw) and try engaging in civil, rational discussion.

The POINT was already made. John 1:1-14 is clear and incontrovertible.

And your English is horrible.

First you made no point! Let's be clear on that... You never responded to my post! Saying NO... is not a response! I'm civil... I'm just pointing out your lack of making any biblical argument... Boldly like scripture commands!

So tell let's just get to the real issue... Tell me how Jesus has a you believe is God, when HE clearly personally claims to have a GOD in our scriptures! I only appear uncivil to you because You can't answer!

I make you look and feel foolish with your nonbiblical teachings. It's obvious you clearly don't have a clue! Not trying to be mean, just pointing out the facts!

I'm sorry that the biblical facts that Jesus has a GOD... are get into the way of your beliefs...

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him

Joh 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Rev 3:2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.

Rev 3:12 The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.

Saved the best for last....

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Yep, the same God whom gave Him his revelation as taught in Rev 1:1 also performed miracles and wonders through Him! (Acts2:22)

Paul

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Hey, Pierac, before I respond, could you please do me a favor and not use the blue text color you used? I'm using tapatalk with the dark theme and it's extremely difficult to see.

You can, however, use color names (instead of the hex codes) in your bbcode tags and your words will usually show up as white text in Tapatalk, while keeping the color on the desktop site.

Thanks!

Now, onto your post!

First you made no point! Let's be clear on that... You never responded to my post! Saying NO... is not a response! I'm civil... I'm just pointing out your lack of making any biblical argument... Boldly like scripture commands!

So tell let's just get to the real issue... Tell me how Jesus has a you believe is God, when HE clearly personally claims to have a GOD in our scriptures! I only appear uncivil to you because You can't answer!

I make you look and feel foolish with your nonbiblical teachings. It's obvious you clearly don't have a clue! Not trying to be mean, just pointing out the facts!

I'm sorry that the biblical facts that Jesus has a GOD... are get into the way of your beliefs...

Rev 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him

Joh 20:17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Rev 3:2 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.

Rev 3:12 The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.

Saved the best for last....

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Yep, the same God whom gave Him his revelation as taught in Rev 1:1 also performed miracles and wonders through Him! (Acts2:22)

Paul

Let's take this a different route, shall we? (I promise that the question I'm about to ask you is 100% related to the trinity being biblical, so please bear with me.)

Pierac, how does God know if something is good?

Is something (for example, humility) good because God recognizes it as good?
OR
is something good because God commands it to be good (or, as Socrates put it, because God 'likes' it)?