Is Jesus God?

keypurr

You have continually rejected the CLEAR, PLAIN and INCONTROVERTIBLE meaning of John 1:1-14

Your wrong again RD. My understanding is fully backed up by many verses. You will not see truth until you realize that God was IN Jesus by way of his express image. This image spoke through the body prepared for IT. Read Heb 10:1-5. A body was prepared for his true spirit son.

Is that to deep for you?

keypurr

Sure we can. Saying we can't doesn't make it so.

So, if it pleases God, can He define murder as good? and honoring one's parents as bad?

It seems you avoided the question.

So, you choose the second option? that something is good because God "commands" it to be good?

If Jesus is not God, then shouldn't your standard of authority be God, not Jesus, who, according to you, is JUST a man? or do you think that Jesus' words are higher than God's?

Whatever that means...

Ok, so what does that have to do with whether Jesus is God or not?

So you deny that God became a man?

Seems you've done the opposite, you've separated what God has joined together.

Honestly, that's what you've done, not us.

You've turned God (Jesus) into a mere man.

:AMR:

So you reject John 1:14? Last I checked, that's part of God's word.

Has it ever occurred to you that you've got it backwards, that YOU'RE the one who has turned God the Son of God into just a man?

Before God made man, He made an image of Himself to use to make man. God is Spirit, and does not inherently have an image to view, and since man needed a physical body, God made a physical image that He used to make man. Did you notice on Day 6 that God made the body before giving it life?

Which is what I was asking about.

How does God know He is good?

Sure, God's ways are higher than ours. But they're not lower.

Which raises the question, how does God define "'good'-ness"? Does he recognize something as being good (ie, the standard is external to Himself)? Or does He command something to be good (ie, He determines what is good and what is not good)?

I totally agree. Jesus was, in fact, a man.

But don't stop there. Jesus was ALSO, in fact, God in the flesh.

Well, I was trying to, but you didn't exactly want to go that route..

Shall we try again?

How does God define what is good?

Does He recognize something as good?
Or does He command it to be good?

Here's something else for you to consider:

If Jesus was not God and a man, but instead just a man, then His sacrifice could not save anyone.

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

o/

If Jesus was anything more than a MAN he would not qualify to be the Lamb of God. By MAN sin came into the world and by MAN it will be conquered.

keypurr

Joh 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (2) The same was in the beginning with God. (3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:14 KJV And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So simple that even a child can understand it.

The problem with the Greek to English translations. They distort the meanings of scripture and inject their pagan customs into parts of the Bible. If you think like a child you will understand like a child. Prove all things if you can.

keypurr

Keypurr, you're essentially saying is that Jesus was a human priest who was POSSESSED by a created spirit. That isn't what we are told in scripture and there's a reason it sounds vile.

But it is TRUE. Jesus is the sinless Lamb of God, the BODY prepared to hold the true Son who is the express image in Heb 1, the Son in Col 1. The firstborn of all CREATURES/creation. The true SON is a SPIRIT, the flesh son and the spirit son became one at his anointing.

The Son of MAN came down from above, he was sent by his God YHWH. This Son is a created FORM of God, a god. given the fullness of his God. God created all things through this express image spirit Son. God did not come to us, HE sent his Son. There is only ONE TRUE GOD, YHWH.

Rosenritter

Keypurr, you're essentially saying is that Jesus was a human priest who was POSSESSED by a created spirit. That isn't what we are told in scripture and there's a reason it sounds vile.

But it is TRUE.
Spoiler
Jesus is the sinless Lamb of God, the BODY prepared to hold the true Son who is the express image in Heb 1, the Son in Col 1. The firstborn of all CREATURES/creation. The true SON is a SPIRIT, the flesh son and the spirit son became one at his anointing.

The Son of MAN came down from above, he was sent by his God YHWH. This Son is a created FORM of God, a god. given the fullness of his God. God created all things through this express image spirit Son. God did not come to us, HE sent his Son. There is only ONE TRUE GOD, YHWH.

The devils practice possession; it is an evil act. Jesus freed people from the possession of devils. Jesus was not possessed.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If Jesus was anything more than a MAN he would not qualify to be the Lamb of God. By MAN sin came into the world and by MAN it will be conquered.
Keypurr, it is impossible for you to reconcile that belief with scripture. If Jesus was ONLY a man, He would not have been able to live a sinless life AND pay for all mankind's sin, let alone his own.

Psalm 49:7-9, 15

No one here is saying Jesus was not human.

Scripture simply says that, since conception, Jesus has had TWO natures, a HUMAN nature, in that he was 100% human, and a GOD nature, in that He was, is, and always will be, 100% God.

That's what scripture says.

Keypurr, question for you.

Is it at all possible in your mind that you're wrong in your beliefs?

Right Divider

Body part
Your wrong again RD. My understanding is fully backed up by many verses.
And YET you REJECT the CLEAR and INCONTROVERTIBLE John 1:1-14

You will not see truth until you realize that God was IN Jesus by way of his express image.
You and your nonsensical "photograph" fairy story are wrong.

This image spoke through the body prepared for IT. Read Heb 10:1-5. A body was prepared for his true spirit son.

Is that to deep for you?
That's deep alright. Deep hokum.

P.S. It's YOU'RE, you illiterate hack.

Right Divider

Body part
The problem with the Greek to English translations. They distort the meanings of scripture and inject their pagan customs into parts of the Bible. If you think like a child you will understand like a child. Prove all things if you can.
:mock: You can't even use ENGLISH properly and you're going to school us on how to translate from Greek to ENGLISH?

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But it is TRUE. Jesus is the sinless Lamb of God, the BODY prepared to hold the true Son who is the express image in Heb 1, the Son in Col 1. The firstborn of all CREATURES/creation. The true SON is a SPIRIT, the flesh son and the spirit son became one at his anointing.

John 5:31-47 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Fourfold Witness
31 “If I bear witness of Myself, My witness is not [a]true. 32 There is another who bears witness of Me, and I know that the witness which He witnesses of Me is true. 33 You have sent to John, and he has borne witness to the truth. 34 Yet I do not receive testimony from man, but I say these things that you may be saved. 35 He was the burning and shining lamp, and you were willing for a time to rejoice in his light. 36 But I have a greater witness than John’s; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish—the very works that I do—bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me. 37 And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form. 38 But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe. 39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

41 “I do not receive honor from men. 42 But I know you, that you do not have the love of God in you. 43 I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive. 44 How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God? 45 Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you—Moses, in whom you trust. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Rosenritter

Keypurr, it is impossible for you to reconcile that belief with scripture. If Jesus was ONLY a man, He would not have been able to live a sinless life AND pay for all mankind's sin, let alone his own.

Psalms 49:4-9.14-15 KJV
(4) I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.
(5) Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?
(6) They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
(7) None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
(8) (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever; )
(9) That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.

(14) Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
(15) But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

I thought direct posting might be more effective than just citation. Man cannot redeem himself from death, a perfect man would not have earned life.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Psalms 49:4-9.14-15 KJV
(4) I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.
(5) Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?
(6) They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
(7) None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
[noquote](8) (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever;)[/noquote]
(9) That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.

(14) Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.
(15) But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

I thought direct posting might be more effective than just citation. Man cannot redeem himself from death, a perfect man would not have earned life.
Thing is, I've shown him that passage multiple times in the past. He still will not even acknowledge it.

Rosenritter

Thing is, I've shown him that passage multiple times in the past. He still will not even acknowledge it.

Keypurr is simply in love with his "Created Spirit Son Possesses Jesus" idea and he will seek for a corruption of the scripture until he finds something with a hint of what he thinks justifies it to himself. Never mind that his concept is repugnant on its face and against scripture. Just leave him be?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Keypurr is simply in love with his "Created Spirit Son Possesses Jesus" idea and he will seek for a corruption of the scripture until he finds something with a hint of what he thinks justifies it to himself. Never mind that his concept is repugnant on its face and against scripture. Just leave him be?
Considering he's in his 80s, I'd rather he come to the truth sooner rather than later.

Right Divider

Body part
I've asking him many times to explain what happened to that spirit that Jesus had before the "take-over", but he will never answer. His story is rubbish, but he likes it to his own destruction.

keypurr

The devils practice possession; it is an evil act. Jesus freed people from the possession of devils. Jesus was not possessed.

Yes he was possessed by the true son of God, the express image. Satan trembled at the thought. Read Heb 10, why did the Son NEED A BODY PREPARED FOR him?

keypurr

No one here is saying Jesus was not human.

Scripture simply says that, since conception, Jesus has had TWO natures, a HUMAN nature, in that he was 100% human, and a GOD nature, in that He was, is, and always will be, 100% God.

That's what scripture says.

Keypurr, question for you.

Is it at all possible in your mind that you're wrong in your beliefs?

Wrong JR, it say that God was IN him, not that he was God. And even that is not the full picture for God sent his Son to dwell in Jesus. Jesus was a sinless man, a pure Lamb, a man that could open the gate. Understand in the OT it took a stainless Lamb to wash away the sins of the people. Not God or a god, a MAN was needed to be the sacrifice. Read Heb 10 friend.

keypurr

And YET you REJECT the CLEAR and INCONTROVERTIBLE John 1:1-14

You and your nonsensical "photograph" fairy story are wrong.

That's deep alright. Deep hokum.

P.S. It's YOU'RE, you illiterate hack.

Why do you not disprove me then?

Lets start with Heb 1:3, God created his exact image.
In Col 1 we see that God was pleased that this spirit had his fullness.

So that shows that God created a SPIRIT SON like himself, GAVE IT power AND sent IT TO DWELL IN THE body He PREPARED FOR IT.

Disprove that the scriptures are wrong if you can. This is not a fairy tale.

Jesus was a MAN anointed with the logos, this created FORM of God was IN and spoke through Jesus.

keypurr

:mock: You can't even use ENGLISH properly and you're going to school us on how to translate from Greek to ENGLISH?

True I am lousy with English, but in the computer courses I took in my short stay in college I got a 4.0. I have the power to think and reason, something you seem to lack. If it was in my power to teach, I would not start with Greek, it would be Hebrew and Aramaic. Greek has distorted and confused the scriptures.