Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

beanieboy

Shimei said:
I think my Bible is broken. I looked up the word "nice" and this is what I got:

No results found.
No results were found for nice in the version(s):New King James Version.

When searching on "love", I'm sure that you will get many more hits.
But for many, love is only tough love, or being kind to those who agree with you.
If one is to bless their enemies, that is far from the "tough love" that is spun here.

It amazes me that the bible is full of examples, like the Good Samaritan, and yet the most "loving" that people are willing to show is name calling and mocking. Jesus showed a lot more gentleness and kindness than he did harshness and mocking. That was never Christ's focus.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
beanieboy said:
When searching on "love", I'm sure that you will get many more hits.
That's just the exact point Bean! Don't you get it? "Love" and "Nice" are not the same thing!

But for many, love is only tough love, or being kind to those who agree with you.
If one is to bless their enemies, that is far from the "tough love" that is spun here.

It amazes me that the bible is full of examples, like the Good Samaritan, and yet the most "loving" that people are willing to show is name calling and mocking. Jesus showed a lot more gentleness and kindness than he did harshness and mocking. That was never Christ's focus.
This is not so bean. Jesus was harsh pretty much every time he came across or even mentioned a Pharisee or a Samaritan. The whole story of the good Samaritan would have been offensive when Jesus told it. The only reason it isn't offensive now is because we know what his point was and agree with it. Jesus even told those who were supposedly His followers that they had to eat His flesh and drink His blood or else they could not be His disciple and a whole bunch of people left as a result, which was clearly his intent. When some of the twelve came to Him and told Him that people were leaving, what was His reponse? Was it to tell everyone that they misunderstood Him and that He wasn't talking about really eating his flesh and drinking His blood? No! On the contrary, He, in effect, said, "Does that offend you? You've not seen anything yet! I've got a lot more where that came from."
Jesus was very offensive on a very regular basis. He told the truth and let the chips fall where they may. He didn't sugar coat anything. If you were willing to listen then He was gentle and kind if you weren't He was kind enough to let you have it.
And no one is spinning anything. That implies that a lie is being told, and there very definately is not.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
beanieboy said:

Hardly. But you will see more tough love on this site because it is full of knuckleheads who need it.

beanieboy said:

What better way to bless your enemies than to give them tough love? If we hated them, then we wouldn't care what they did and just be apathetic.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
This doesn't describe anyone who I thought this thread was about. What are you talking about Bean?

beanieboy

Yorzhik said:
This doesn't describe anyone who I thought this thread was about. What are you talking about Bean?

People that can only resort to name calling, and being the only way they demonstrate love.

I understand pointing out the speck in another's eye, but christ also talks about being giving to others freely, etc. If all one can do is say, "You are a liar! You are a slut! You are a _____" but can't ever be gentle, can only love those who are saved, can't give freely, etc., then one's "love" is questionable. Agree?

Tough love on a child can be spanking, for example. But if that is all that a parent can show for their love, are they a good parent?

Johnny

Since you've all obviously redefined love, would you care to give your definition of love? Also, could someone please respond to http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=772023&postcount=455

1 Corinthians 13

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
beanieboy said:
People that can only resort to name calling, and being the only way they demonstrate love.

I understand pointing out the speck in another's eye, but christ also talks about being giving to others freely, etc. If all one can do is say, "You are a liar! You are a slut! You are a _____" but can't ever be gentle, can only love those who are saved, can't give freely, etc., then one's "love" is questionable. Agree?

Tough love on a child can be spanking, for example. But if that is all that a parent can show for their love, are they a good parent?

Who is it that you think is guilty of what you've described above? Do you beleive Bob Enyart that way, or me or someone else? We understand WHAT you are upset about what we need now is the "who" where" and "when".

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Johnny said:
Since you've all obviously redefined love, would you care to give your definition of love? Also, someone who defends an uncontrolled tongue please respond to http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=772023&postcount=455
No one has redifined love, nor has anyone defended an uncontroled tongue. Care to quote someone who has done either of these things?

1 Corinthians 13

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

One of my favorite passages! I'll share another with you...

Proverbs 27:5
Open rebuke is better Than love carefully concealed.​

and this one...

Leviticus 19:17
"You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him.​

Resting in Him,
Clete

beanieboy

Clete said:
Who is it that you think is guilty of what you've described above? Do you beleive Bob Enyart that way, or me or someone else? We understand WHAT you are upset about what we need now is the "who" where" and "when".

Resting in Him,
Clete

The what is all I am talking about.
There are followers of Enyart that rely on the name calling aspects of Jesus, and ignore how Jesus asked Zacheus to eat with him, Jesus' call to offer your coat to someone who asks for your shirt, etc.

So, again, is only showing tough love enough? Is only calling someone names enough?
Is only showing hostility enough?
And what of Paul's call for blessing those who curse you, to live in harmony, etc.?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
beanieboy said:
The what is all I am talking about.
There are followers of Enyart that rely on the name calling aspects of Jesus, and ignore how Jesus asked Zacheus to eat with him, Jesus' call to offer your coat to someone who asks for your shirt, etc.
None that I am aware of. I think your perspective is skewed. TOL is not the whole of these people's lives.

So, again, is only showing tough love enough? Is only calling someone names enough?
Is only showing hostility enough?
And what of Paul's call for blessing those who curse you, to live in harmony, etc.?
No of course not. No one is saying that, most especially Bob Enyart. But what you have to understand is that it would a grave error on my part if I simply answered your questions and discussed things with you like I would anyone else without first establishing firmly that I consider you to be a vile and disgusting human being who is killing himself slowly and harming (if not killing) those around you as well. You see it makes no sense for me to talk to you about spiritual matters if I don't know going in that you understand where you are spiritually. That coupled with the fact that you are not simply a garden variety sinner/unbeliever but are in addition guitly of capital crime and deserve to be executed. So my and other reaction to you is and has been in accordance with the severity of your evil.
You see, it is all very well thought out and deliberate. It's not that we just mindless go off the deep end and have to find someone to throw insults at. I will agree with you that there are those who take things too far. Indeed, I think I have been guilty of that from time to time, but no one advocates "tough love" to the exclusion of all else.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited by a moderator:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
beanieboy said:
Well, I suppose that is an easier way to dodge a question.

What the crap is that supposed to mean bean?! What question did I dodge? I answered you directly!

Look, you're beginning to annoy me, bean. I have chosen to deliberately be WAY more patient and accommodating to you than I would normally be and more so than you deserve frankly. If you want to continue asking real questions and being genuinely responsive then we can continue, but I will not put up with this sort of crap. You asked if "tough love" by itself was enough and I said "No, of course not." What more answer do you want?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited by a moderator:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
What the crap is that supposed to mean bean?! What question did I dodge? I answered you directly!

Look, you're beginning to annoy me, bean. I have chosen to deliberately be WAY more patient and accommodating to you than I would normally be and more so than you deserve frankly. If you want to continue asking real questions and being genuinely responsive then we can continue, but I will not put up with this sort of crap. You asked if "tough love" by itself was enough and I said "No, of course not." What more answer do you want?

Resting in Him,
Clete

You just didn't answer the way he wants you to.

Basically, he is looking to justify his sin. If Christians can justify his lifestyle (I mean his deathstyle), then he feels better about his broken life.

Caille

beanieboy said:
Only I pointed out that you do do that.
You invent new definitions, and change meaning of scripture with your new definition.

So, there is no "truth" in the TruthSmack that Poly is doing, and she has to yell, "You are a liar!" because her words aren't strong enough on their own.

Beanie - I'm sure this won't come as news to you, but "Truthsmacking" can only be done by the admins, mods and those who agree with them. Any other attempts will be labelled foolish or incorrect.

beanieboy

I was simply asking:

Is is loving if one can only name call but also not show gentleness and kindness.

Answer from Clete: Of course not, but I have to also tell you that you are disgusting and deserve to die. (not my question. I asking that if one can only show hatred toward another, only tough love, is that enough. I even gave an example - if one only spanks their child, and never encourages them, or is kind to them, or reads to them, is that love?)

Answer from Shimei: He just wants you to justify his deathstyle. (I didn't even mention homosexuality. Why are you people so obsessed over it. You think about man-sex more than I do.)

Granite

Hall of Fame
All beanie's asking for is a balance. I don't think that's unreasonable.

And yes, bean, I tend to think the homophobes out there are waaaaay more wrapped up in your lifestyle than even you are.

:think:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
All beanie's asking for is a balance. I don't think that's unreasonable.
Balance of what?

He claims he doesn't get answers and goes through a whole "one on one" with Knight who gave him the exact answers that everybody else did. Too bad he can't be honest enough to say that it's not that he doesn't get answers, he just doesn't get the ones he wants.
He's a whining wimp looking to be accepted and for people to justify his lifestyle. Whether one does or not, whether they feel bad for him or not, whether they aprove of him or not, one would have to be an idiot to not see this.

Rimi

Granite, Beanie's killing himself (and others) with his choices. Yeah, we're concerned. We care more about him then obviously you do . . . and certainly more than Beanie cares for himself.

Rimi

Poly, also don't forget that people like that are desparate for attention. Good, bad, doesn't matter. Just needy.