Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I was simply asking:

Is is loving if one can only name call but also not show gentleness and kindness.
No, your question was: is only showing tough love enough?

Answer from Clete: Of course not, but I have to also tell you that you are disgusting and deserve to die. (not my question. I asking that if one can only show hatred toward another, only tough love, is that enough. I even gave an example - if one only spanks their child, and never encourages them, or is kind to them, or reads to them, is that love?)

Granite said:
All beanie's asking for is a balance. I don't think that's unreasonable.
You can put your mind at rest Granite. Bean is getting balanced treatment.

beanieboy

I'm really unclear why everyone keeps bringing this back to me.

I am simply saying that love has to be balance - to everyone.
If you go to school, and call Lisa a slut, because she is sexually active, then call Steve a burnout because he smokes pot, and then tell Rashim that he is going to hell because he is Muslim and worshipping a false god, have you done all that love requires?

Balance to everyone.

If you can't bless those who curse you, you are going against Romans 12.
If you can't or won't live in harmony with other people, you have gone against Romans 12.
If you won't offer water to you enemy, you are going against Romans 12.

It isn't enough to simply mock, name call, and tell people they are going to hell. You have to show gentleness, self control, give of your time, your patience, and show kindness.

Are you asking Lisa to join you in the cafeteria, and simply talking with her about whatever, or are you simply saying, "You're a slut" like everyone else is in school (even the unbelievers), and simply turning on your heel and throwing your nose in the air?

If you want to reach someone, you can't think that simply calling someone a slut is all that you are called to do.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Poly said:
Balance of what?

He claims he doesn't get answers and goes through a whole "one on one" with Knight who gave him the exact answers that everybody else did. Too bad he can't be honest enough to say that it's not that he doesn't get answers, he just doesn't get the ones he wants.
He's a whining wimp looking to be accepted and for people to justify his lifestyle. Whether one does or not, whether they feel bad for him or not, whether they aprove of him or not, one would have to be an idiot to not see this.

Well, not to speak for the guy, but as I understand what he's saying, he's asking for a more mixed or balanced approach: carrot and stick, so to speak. It's easy to browbeat, harder to offer constructive discussion. I'm guilty of this all the time.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Rimi said:
Granite, Beanie's killing himself (and others) with his choices. Yeah, we're concerned. We care more about him then obviously you do . . . and certainly more than Beanie cares for himself.

Rimi, given what you've said before, I don't think you "care" about Beanie as a human being at all. You're a seriously warped individual. Putting yourself on a pedestal and insisting you care more about Bean than even he does is a good way to pat yourself on the back but I don't think it's true.

My two cents.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I am simply saying that love has to be balance - to everyone.
If you go to school, and call Lisa a slut, because she is sexually active, then call Steve a burnout because he smokes pot, and then tell Rashim that he is going to hell because he is Muslim and worshipping a false god, have you done all that love requires?
If this is the only information you can provide about these 3 people, then, yes, you've done all that love requires. Of course, every situation is different, so you might treat 1 or all of these differently.

Balance to everyone.
Yes, balance. The response is tailored to balance the situation. If Lisa is a flirt, you don't call her a slut. That would be out of balance to call her a slut if she is only a flirt.

What you seem to be describing would be inane. What you seem to be descibing is calling Steve a burnout and also calling Steve a levelheaded self-controlled individual just for balance. We'll call Lisa a slut and also call her proper young lady just for balance. We'll tell Rashim he is going to hell and going to heaven in the same breath just for balance.

If you can't bless those who curse you, you are going against Romans 12.
If you can't or won't live in harmony with other people, you have gone against Romans 12.

If you won't offer water to you enemy, you are going against Romans 12.

It isn't enough to simply mock, name call, and tell people they are going to hell. You have to show gentleness, self control, give of your time, your patience, and show kindness.

Are you asking Lisa to join you in the cafeteria, and simply talking with her about whatever, or are you simply saying, "You're a slut" like everyone else is in school (even the unbelievers), and simply turning on your heel and throwing your nose in the air?

If you want to reach someone, you can't think that simply calling someone a slut is all that you are called to do.
Yes, the kindest thing to do to Lisa is call her a slut unrelentingly. That would be a blessing to her.

Before you can preach to us about the meat of Romans 12, you might try digesting the milk of the bible. An overview of the bible would be a good place to start. Get an idea of what God is like and what He is dealing with. Then you can get into the details of Paul's heavy theological treatise.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I wonder what Bob Enyart himself thinks of being the most heatedly debated guy on this board. I wonder if he even knows, and if he reads this thread and laughs at all of us.

beanieboy

Yorzhik said:
What you seem to be descibing is calling Steve a burnout and also calling Steve a levelheaded self-controlled individual just for balance. We'll call Lisa a slut and also call her proper young lady just for balance.

You don't even seem to know what balance is.
I'm not saying that it is necessary to call someone a slut, and then a perfect lady, because you are contradicting yourself.

Jesus didn't simply say, "Hey, Zacheus, you stupid shrimp! You are a theif and a liar!"
No. He said, "Zacheus - I would like you to join me to eat." This is equivalent to the whole school calling Lisa a slut, and then Lisa, feeling angry, resentful, unloved, and full of hatred, to come sit at your table - to show her kindness that no one else is. The kids would say, "You are eating with the whore???"

That's what Jesus did.

And what do you imagine that Jesus talked to him about? Did he mock him, and call him names? I'm guessing that he found out about Zacheus. He probably asked him about his family. He asked him what he liked to do for fun. And he probably asked him why he was a tax collector, and doing the things he did. I imagine that Zaccheus said that he was fearful of not providing for his family, or enjoyed wealth, or whatever, but soon discovered that, yes, God loved him, despite what everyone told him, about how he was disgusting, a cheat, and a theif.

A friend of mine once went to a retreat. People there were spirit filled christians, but the HS wasn't really moving. This guy started crying, and he said, "It's because of me! God won't come because of me!" He believed that he wasn't worthy of love. People said, Do you want to accept Jesus? He said yes, and asked God to fill him with his spirit, and immediately started speaking in tongues. He then became a strong spokesperson for God, drawing others to God.
Yes, the kindest thing to do to Lisa is call her a slut unrelentingly. That would be a blessing to her.

That would help her how? If all of the unsaved are calling her slut, and you simply chime in, and refuse to have anything to do with her, how will that save her? If anything, it will show you to be a cruel as the unsaved.

Do you take time to find out about her life? Do you know what her family life was like? Do you know why she is sexually active? Do you know about any abuse that was in the family? Do you know how she feels about herself? Do you know if she battles with suicide? Do you know if her mother is an alcoholic?

What do you know about her? Probably nothing, because you simply call her a slut, and shut down communication before you even begin.

Before you can preach to us about the meat of Romans 12, you might try digesting the milk of the bible. An overview of the bible would be a good place to start. Get an idea of what God is like and what He is dealing with. Then you can get into the details of Paul's heavy theological treatise.

I would suggest the same to you. If you can't see what Romans 12 is saying, think that it means that mocking and calling people names is all that God calls for, then it is you that needs to learn about the milk of the bible. Tough love is returning blessing when you are cursed, not simply walking through the streets pointing fingers and throwing your nose in the air.

Thia

I read in a newspaper article once that Bob Enyart was a serial adulterer before he married his third wife. Does that mean he should have been executed a long time ago? What's the rationale for his behaviour? :confused:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thia said:
I read in a newspaper article once that Bob Enyart was a serial adulterer before he married his third wife. Does that mean he should have been executed a long time ago? What's the rationale for his behaviour? :confused:
If the law was just, yes! Since, however, adultery was not a crime at the time the best that can happen is to re criminalize adultery.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Wow...I didn't come across that in my research on him.

I wonder why he had so many wives? Sickness and death, or divorce?

Thia

deardelmar said:
If the law was just, yes! Since, however, adultery was not a crime at the time the best that can happen is to re criminalize adultery.

Aha. Thank you.

Thia

Jefferson said:
He says there was no rationale for his behaviour. He has biblically repented. See http://kgov.com/store/detail/video/morality.html
So, it's like the Catholic Chuch whereby you sin, go to confession after scrutnizing your sinful behaviour, are forgiven, and promise never to do it again. Sorta? I'm sorry, I don't have time to read the URL you gave me right now, but will check it out later.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Well, yes you can be forgiven of sin. If he truly repented and changed his behavior, he was forgiven. But with a past like his, I just question his pastorship sometimes. He's a very smart guy, and for the most part a good Bible teacher, but the Bible seems to lay out higher standards for pastors. Perhaps if he is 100% meeting those standards now and has for the past several years, then maybe he is fit to be a pastor.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
I wonder what Bob Enyart himself thinks of being the most heatedly debated guy on this board. I wonder if he even knows, and if he reads this thread and laughs at all of us.
BTW did you notice that the thread had kind of moved to underling issues untill you brought Bob up again.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
deardelmar said:
BTW did you notice that the thread had kind of moved to underling issues untill you brought Bob up again.

Seems some people around here are obsessed with him bringing him up every chance they get. They must worship him or something. :freak:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The Edge said:
the Bible seems to lay out higher standards for pastors.
Oh? Chapter and verse please. The lists in First Timothy 3 and Titus 1 contain no higher standards than all Christians are expected to live up to. The only exception would be the "not a novice" requirement.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
And then kill Enyart?

Hm.

Pass a law then punish some one who violated it more than a decade before it was the law?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Poly said:
Seems some people around here are obsessed with him bringing him up every chance they get. They must worship him or something. :freak:
Uh, yeah. You got me. I worship the worship of Enyart. LOL!!!!

No seriously, I don't think he's worshiped here. But what I see borders on idolatry.