Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
beanieboy said:
(I may have to just go back and reread the thread, so be patient.)

Sounds good! I will respond to your other post as soon as time allows. Probably later this evening.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Edge,

Of all the posts I've made on this thread and it's post 466 that you pick to give bad rep for? Come on already, you gotta start using a little brain power and discernment! You could have at least picked the "I hate Bob and my whole family" post!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
beanieboy said:
No, now what you say makes sense in the context of Matthew.
What do you mean? Do you agree that it is a figure of speech or not? If so, then we are in agreement.

But how do you determine what is a figure of speech (when hate really means "love lesser) and when it simply means to detest and hate, as most people mean it?

Do you go by translation, cross reference, or what?
Well this is a good question. You can't. That's the short answer. You sort of have to know before you read it that it's a figure or else confusion can result. Some figures are more intuitive than others though. Luke 14:26 is as intuitive as they come. I've said several times already and I'll say it again, anyone with a brain knows that Jesus did not teach for us to hate our families. The only way you wouldn't know that is if Luke 14:26 was the only thing you had ever read of the Bible, then you might misunderstand but baring that, the figure is obvious. With other figures though it is not as easy and some, like I said, you simply would never know that it was a figure without being told in advance that it is. There is not necessarily anything in the text that gives it away as a figure. This is why a knowledge of the original language and of history is a big help. This is also why it is important that one be careful about who they trust when sitting under someone's teaching.

I don't mean to be obtuse, but I don't understand how hate - used as "to love lesser" is not different than love, or not mutually exclusive, nor when it is used as "despise."
How do you explain, for example, "A man cannot serve two masters, one he will love, the other he will hate."

In that context, they would be different, wouldn't they?

Or is that a separate thing altogether?
No it's not different; it's another use of the same figure. It isn't saying that you will despise one master while loving the other. It means that you cannot have equal devotion to two masters. You will love one more than you love the other. And in this context, it is saying don't love anything more than you love God. It is effectively teaching the same thing as Luke 14:26. It's the exact same teaching.

I don't quite understand how one can hate and love simultaneously. One can serve God (love God) and love their family (but less than God), but the bible also says that you cannot love God and hate your brother.

So, when is hate figurative, and when is it not?

See my confusion?
I do see your confusion but like I said there is no really clean way of knowing. What you have to do is get to know God well enough to know what He's saying when you read it. I know you won't like something so wishy-washy as that, but that's the truth.

The Bible says clearly (as has been pointed out already in this thread) that God hates the evil doer. It also just as clearly says that God loves the whole entire world. Is this a contradiction? That's the question. The answer is a resounding, NO!
Sometimes the most loving thing you could possibly do is to communicate your dislike and loathing of a person. Sometimes the most loving thing you could possibly do is to call someone a slut, for example. That is, as long as it is the truth. Calling someone a slut or a whore just for the sake of getting some frustration off your chest is a hurtful and wrong thing to do, but if some girl is sleeping around and going to clubs to pick up guys or to be picked up by guys, then she is a slut and needs to be told so. It only harms her further to be nice and try to be her friend and do "lifestyle evangelism". That sort of crap doesn't work and it's not Biblical.
The law is a tutor to bring people to Christ. It is the conviction that the law brings in the heart of the sinner that communicates to them their need for forgiveness; their need for a savior. The most loving thing to do for sinners is to communicate judgment and guilt to them via the law. That's what the law if for, that's what Jesus did and that's what we should do also. It isn't nice, but it is kind and loving. Most people would say that it is hate, and in important ways it is just that, but it is also love because you do hate them in hopes that they will repent because your hatred told them that there was something wrong with them and they will therefore not spend eternity in Hell.
They do not, by the way, usually repent while the person who hates them is sticking around. That harvest is for someone else to reap other than the one who sowed the seed of guilt and conviction in the heart of the sinner. There are exceptions to this but not many at all.

John 4:36 [Jesus]And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. 37 For in this the saying is true: "One sows and another reaps.'[/Jesus]​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
He doesn't accept PM? So he only talks in public. That is the mark of someone who likes to humiliate. Actually, I shant talk to him on second thought, unless he comes on here. There's nothing I could say to make him change his mind. He has an empire and I'm nothing. I'm just another bug he can squish.
What a tool.:rolleyes:

Bob doesn't accept PMs, but he does accept e-mails. You can get his e-mail address off of kgov.com.

Dr. Brumley, I see a trace of forgiveness in you. let that side of you show more. I don't demean you all, but you are a self-admitted follower of Enyart. And everyone I have seen who follows him shows little of the fruits of the Spirit and much in the way of anger, impatience, insulting, bitterness, and in Lighthouse's case, foul language, and is always ready to jump all over someone who disagrees with insults and angry tones. Take a look at Lighthouse....he can very easily have his button's pushed, and he thinks it is perfectly ok to mock someone just because they disagree wtih him. That's not the mark of a Christian. I know you're all Christians....now give up this nicer than God hogwash, stop insulting people and show the CHristian fruit to everyone, not just those you "like."

T.E.
I used foul language when I didn't like Enyart. He has nothing to do with that. Sozo doesn't even know that much about Enyart, and you know how he can be.

And the whining thing had nothing to do with your views on Enyart. I just think you whine, incessantly. Okay?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge[size=4 said:
]Here's an example..... Jesus says the greatest commandent is love one another, but Enyart says it's ok to mock and insult. And I see a lot of it coming from Enyart followers, much more than love. I guess that's one of the biggest examples. Just look at Turbo's last post #428[/size].
No, the greates commandment is to love the Lord yyour God, with all you heart, mind and soul. The commandment to love your neighbor is the second greatest. And that commandment is, "Love youre neghbor, as you love yourself." Do you understand what that last part means? Do you understand how one should love themselves, according to God's standard?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
No, the greates commandment is to love the Lord yyour God, with all you heart, mind and soul. The commandment to love your neighbor is the second greatest. And that commandment is, "Love youre neghbor, as you love yourself." Do you understand what that last part means? Do you understand how one should love themselves, according to God's standard?
Then you must hate yourself, because you don't show much love, at least if you do it's favoritist. And James says don't show favoritism.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I hate myself very much. At least the sinful man I am apart from Christ. I hate sin. And I hate my sin most of all.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If I am twisted, so was Paul: "O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"
-Romans 7:24​

justchristian

Lighthouse are you actually saying that when Jesus said Love your neighbour as yourself he meant hate your neighbour becasue you are meant to hate yourself?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
If I am twisted, so was Paul: "O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"
-Romans 7:24​
This is the very verse that derails the Enyartian attitude of "holier than thou"

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
justchristian said:
Lighthouse are you actually saying that when Jesus said Love your neighbour as yourself he meant hate your neighbour becasue you are meant to hate yourself?
Do you hate yourself?

Do you know what it measn to hate yourself? Do you hate your sin?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
This is the very verse that derails the Enyartian attitude of "holier than thou"
Liar!

"Holier than thou" is the complete antithesis of Enyart's attitude!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The Edge said:
Do you have anything at all of substance or are you here to simply take potshots? This is getting borring! :yawn:

justchristian

Do you hate yourself?

Do you know what it measn to hate yourself? Do you hate your sin?

No, not my true self - not as God intended me. But I suppose you could say I hate my sin, I hate the choices I made - I hate "the beast in me"(any martin sexton fans?). But no, I don't know what you mean when you say hate yourself but I expect you'll twist it to actually say love in a round about way just to avoid restating or retracting what you said. And you didnt answer my question but I trust you'll get to that.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
Liar!

"Holier than thou" is the complete antithesis of Enyart's attitude!
But it is the attitude I see in some Enyartian followers. Less in you, but more in some others.

ShadowMaid

To love your neighbor does not mean you have to agree with them. It doesn't mean you have to give them roses whenever you make them mad or sad because you didn't agree with them.