Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

JoyfulRook

Because I got so much flack for that signature, and everyone thought I was actually serious, I decided to change it. Ya' happy?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Dread Helm said:
Because I got so much flack for that signature, and everyone thought I was actually serious, I decided to change it. Ya' happy?
Happy? No.

Relieved? Yes.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Mateo said:
I herby nominate Zakath for official TOL score keeper....
:confused:

Thank you, but I must decline. I've got enough work to do around here trying to coordinate the Evil Atheist Consipiracy™ when Gerald is tied up in meetings.

:devil:

taoist

Zakath said:
:confused:

Thank you, but I must decline. I've got enough work to do around here trying to coordinate the Evil Atheist Consipiracy™ when Gerald is tied up in meetings.

:devil:
So that's what happened to those 5am phone calls. I was beginning to think I'd lost my evil reputation.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
taoist said:
So that's what happened to those 5am phone calls. I was beginning to think I'd lost my evil reputation.
:doh: Did you get dropped off the phone tree again????

I apologize profusely... we'll rectify that situation ASAP. :geek:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
You know, through all of this, I wonder why Bob Enyart himself doesn't come out and play hardball with us. I mean, the man thrives on controversy, yet stays out of the controversy of which he himself is the topic.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Mateo said:
Right... and just what do you see yourself as doing when you pay $50.00 for a paperback?
I, myself, have never done that. However, tithing is giving ten percent of your income to a church. At least the way it's practiced now. And in the OT times it was giving ten percent to certain things, depending on what year it was. Sometimes they were supposed to keep it, and throw a party for themselves.

I'd say you've been listening to The Bob... again
"For he that is dead is freed from sin."
-Romans 6:7

"Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness."
-Romans 6:18

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life."
-Romans 6:22

Actually, a peek at my reps will reveal that the folks following this thread and others to which I post are running about 2 to 1 in favor of what I have said with Enyartians being the lone dissenters. I'm sure that information will have all the effect of a bee bee fired at the bulkhead of a Battleship but... there it is...
:liberals:

...and if I didn't like you I wouldn't waste my time on you, love...
:vomit:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Romans 5:8
But God [Rom 3:5] demonstrates [John 3:16; 15:13; Rom 8:39] His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, [Rom 4:25; 5:6; 8:32; Gal 2:20; Eph 5:2] Christ died for us.

That's a lie? That he loves us already? Even as sinners?
That's not the lie. The lie is that God loves us "as" we are.

God loves us despite what we are, so much so that He wants to make us new.

The belief that He wants to leave us in our sin, and loves us that way, is a lie.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
So don't argue then. From a purely argumentative point of view, mocking someone does less for your case that continuing in vain OR dropping the argument. Mocking someone because there is nothing left to say is childish behavior.
Why do you think I put people on ignore. When it becomes apparent that nothing is going to do any good then I forget it. But that doesn't mean I will stop stigmatizing ignorance and wickedness by mocking it.

You've just repeated your claim as if that will convince me. I think that if 'without cause' was connected with the whole verse, you'd see it in the rest of the verse. Now you'll claim I'm ignoring your point.
No, I'll just claim you're ignorant. The word "fool" is used multiple times in the Bible, in reference to people. God does it, and so do His people. But never "without cause."

Your original defense for mocking someone was:
Yet a few pages later you claim:
So do you mock out of love, Lighthouse? Do you mock out of compassion? If not, how do you fit mocking someone under "Love one another" and "Love your enemies".
If they don't understand that their wickedness is wrong, from being mocked for it, then I shake the dust from my feet. But it pains me deeply that they do not realize God's truth.

Listen, Christ, being God, knows who the fools are. He knows who the hypocrites are. He knows every man's heart. You are not Christ. When you call someone a fool, it is because you believe they are a fool, not necessarily because they are a fool. You're only human too, Lighthouse. You undoubtedly hold to beliefs that are wrong. We all do. Jesus says in Matthew 12:37 "For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Why take the chance? Are you so arrogant as to assume that you are absolutely right about everything, and are thus justified to mock anyone who has a differing opinion? Be careful.
No, I'm not Christ. But I am to be Christ-like. And I have the mind of Christ. And Christ commanded us to judge righteously. He wouldn't have done that if He didn't think we could.

Here's a quote from another thread:
You say that God forms everyone. How then, do you find it acceptable to mock one's intellectual capacity? Do you mock God? He created everyone the way they are. From ignorance to brilliance, God is the author.
God did not create people to be ignorant.:rolleyes: If they are ignorant, that is their own fault.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
You know, through all of this, I wonder why Bob Enyart himself doesn't come out and play hardball with us. I mean, the man thrives on controversy, yet stays out of the controversy of which he himself is the topic.
Time, maybe?

Crow

The Edge said:

Ask him yourself and find out. Here's a chance to use your powers of logic to humiliate Bob in front of all of his listeners. Call into the Bob Enyart Live radio show
M-F at 5pm ET at 1-800-8Enyart.

Caille

Mateo said:
So, I quess we'll be seeing your weenie point indicator go from red to green any minute now...

:shocked: :shocked:

Ackk - not that! Quick, somebody help me tick off Lighthouse, or Ninevah, or insult Enyart....