Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

beanieboy

Lighthouse said:
That's not the lie. The lie is that God loves us "as" we are.

God loves us despite what we are, so much so that He wants to make us new.

The belief that He wants to leave us in our sin, and loves us that way, is a lie.

I didn't say that God loves our sin.
I said that God loves us as we are - meaning that he loves us now, saved or unsaved.
It doesn't mean that how we are is the way he wants us to stay, but you don't have to change to get God to love you, true?
It's unconditional. He loves us now, today, as we are.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I didn't say that God loves our sin.
I said that God loves us as we are - meaning that he loves us now, saved or unsaved.
It doesn't mean that how we are is the way he wants us to stay, but you don't have to change to get God to love you, true?
It's unconditional. He loves us now, today, as we are.
He loves us despite how we are, not as we are.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Crow said:
Ask him yourself and find out. Here's a chance to use your powers of logic to humiliate Bob in front of all of his listeners. Call into the Bob Enyart Live radio show
M-F at 5pm ET at 1-800-8Enyart.

Crow, it's unreasonable to expect a reasonable discussion froma motormouth like Enyart. He will talk over you and cut you off like every other stuffed shirt bloviating hack out there with a microphone in front of him.

Telling people to "go call Enyart" is ludicrous and you know it.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Caille said:
And yet, we are made by him and in his image..... :think:
Aww, c'mon Caille. You know that "in his image" stuff only applies to the first one. All the follow-on models were defective... ;)

Caille

Zakath said:
Aww, c'mon Caille. You know that "in his image" stuff only applies to the first one. All the follow-on models were defective... ;)

Kinda like how a copy of a copy of a copy keeps getting fuzzier and fuzzier?

I'm gonna go shave.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
You know, through all of this, I wonder why Bob Enyart himself doesn't come out and play hardball with us. I mean, the man thrives on controversy, yet stays out of the controversy of which he himself is the topic.

Sometimes people are just too stupid to waste one's time with.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
granite1010 said:
Crow, it's unreasonable to expect a reasonable discussion froma motormouth like Enyart. He will talk over you and cut you off like every other stuffed shirt bloviating hack out there with a microphone in front of him.

You've never actually watched or listened to any of his shows, have you?:rolleyes:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Crow said:
Ask him yourself and find out. Here's a chance to use your powers of logic to humiliate Bob in front of all of his listeners. Call into the Bob Enyart Live radio show
M-F at 5pm ET at 1-800-8Enyart.

I'll donate $20 to TOL if Edge makes the call.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
How's that going to motivate Edge? :confused:

Perhaps if you donated $20 to him... :greedy:

I'll donate $20 to TOL if either Zakath, Granite or The Edge call in to Bob's show.

Do for TOL you guys, you spend enough time here!

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Shimei said:
I'll donate $20 to TOL if either Zakath, Granite or The Edge call in to Bob's show.
Not for me. :nono:

I've already declined several invitations to feather Enyart's nest by participating in his broadcast.

Do for TOL you guys, you spend enough time here!
Not for long now... only 61 more posts and I'm taking a well-deserved break. :D

taoist

granite1010 said:

Yes, but it's also amusing for all its absurdity. Bob doesn't really need callers anyway. It's not as if he wants the stimulus of anyone else's ideas. My favorite show, of the few I've streamed from TOL, was with Alan Colmes (sp?, I don't want watch FoxSpews) where Bob kept shoving his own words into Alan's mouth and Alan kept shoving them right back down Bob's throat, or whatever orifice it was he was pulling them from originally. And then, to put a cherry on top, there was Bob, moaning for a half-hour after the call about how he couldn't use the hold button on a special-invitation guest.

Classic.

Johnny

Lighthouse said:
But that doesn't mean I will stop stigmatizing ignorance and wickedness by mocking it.
Lighthouse said:
I don't call people dumbass to mock wickedness.

No, I'll just claim you're ignorant.
I know, because you don't have an argument Lighthouse. I challenge you to find me one source (besides bob) which argues that "without cause" should be extended to the latter two instances in that verse.

No, I'm not Christ. But I am to be Christ-like. And I have the mind of Christ. And Christ commanded us to judge righteously. He wouldn't have done that if He didn't think we could.
Lighthouse, mocking is not part of judgement.

You know, through all of this, I wonder why Bob Enyart himself doesn't come out and play hardball with us. I mean, the man thrives on controversy, yet stays out of the controversy of which he himself is the topic.
I'd really like to see Bob get on the forums and defend the creationist drivel he calls science.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Johnny said:
I'd really like to see Bob get on the forums and defend the creationist drivel he calls science.

Bob is busy and rarely posts.

But a quick call to his show and you could bring the argument up.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Notice how some folks love the seemingly endless chore of pushing of Enyart's show here? :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
You've never actually watched or listened to any of his shows, have you?:rolleyes:

Yes, I have.

With your unemployed free time I imagine you've spent more than your fair share of time watching the good reverend yourself.