Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
And if one is sincerely searching will not the Lord reveal to them truth?

Absolutely! But they may reject the truth anyway.
I'm seeing a paradox being presented here.
If one is truly searching for truth and being led by HIS Spirit, they are not going to reject what it gives.
If one is rejecting what HE gives than they are not really searching sincerely.

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

elected4ever

If a person is saved (born again) and still worships and judges his actions by fleshly standards then there is no way a person can prevent himself from missing the mark set for him according to the standards of worship and practice set for him by Christ. According to the flesh we will always miss the mark. There will be no liberty to live in this world because we have reduced or service to a human standard and not Christ. That makes Christianity a human worship experience no different that Islam, judaism or hinduism or any other way that humans have devised to worship false gods. You might as well build yourself statues of stone and worship those images as for as your practice of religion is concerned. That is called carnal worship and if that is the standard then Paul is right when he suggest that he would never eat meat again. The problem with that is that by not eating meat he offends someone else and would still miss the mark according to that standard. Practice of the christian faith by carnal standards is impossible and results in the lose of our liberty in Christ. It becomes a practice of legalism and not of love . It is a very selfish thing to do. It brings praise to ourselves and not Christ.

elohiym

I'm seeing a paradox being presented here.
If one is truly searching for truth and being led by HIS Spirit, they are not going to reject what it gives.
If one is rejecting what HE gives than they are not really searching sincerely.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Paradox resolved.

elohiym

If a person is saved (born again) and still worships and judges his actions by fleshly standards then there is no way a person can prevent himself from missing the mark set for him according to the standards of worship and practice set for him by Christ. According to the flesh we will always miss the mark. There will be no liberty to live in this world because we have reduced or service to a human standard and not Christ. That makes Christianity a human worship experience no different that Islam, judaism or hinduism or any other way that humans have devised to worship false gods. You might as well build yourself statues of stone and worship those images as for as your practice of religion is concerned. That is called carnal worship and if that is the standard then Paul is right when he suggest that he would never eat meat again. The problem with that is that by not eating meat he offends someone else and would still miss the mark according to that standard. Practice of the christian faith by carnal standards is impossible and results in the lose of our liberty in Christ. It becomes a practice of legalism and not of love . It is a very selfish thing to do. It brings praise to ourselves and not Christ.

:BRAVO:

Well said!

jeremysdemo

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Paradox resolved.

Being called and being chosen has little to do with the paradox.
The problem is not whether or not one has been called, but assuming they already answered the call.
What you are saying is the person is not sincere in their relationship, which will ultimately determine whether or not they will be chosen.
Often it is unrepented sin and continuing sin, that cause one to not see the full picture...
If that is how you feel about this person it would be better to explore that and see what aid and encouragement can be given, let all things come into the light that are hidden, than to say the person refuses to see because they are blind, deal with the disease, not the symptoms, thats what Yeshua did.

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

keypurr

If your body is his holy temple, how can sin live within?
If the spirit is within, you can not sin. For you cannot serve two masters.
Many call themselves Christians, but they are not.
El is a true Christain. God Bless him is his work.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Mystery

Brilliant, e4e!!

(bolding added)

elohiym

According to the flesh we will always miss the mark.
One might also say, according to flesh all we do is miss the mark. If one walks in the flesh, one is in unbelief, and unbelief is the unpardonable sin. So to walk in the flesh is to walk in constant sin, 24/7.

elected4ever

One might also say, according to flesh all we do is miss the mark. If one walks in the flesh, one is in unbelief, and unbelief is the unpardonable sin. So to walk in the flesh is to walk in constant sin, 24/7.
Not necessarily so. If we are born of the spirit then there is not a power on earth that can unbirth us. we cannot become unborn of the spirit but we shall be saved so as by fire. The flesh will be destroyed but the spirit has eternal life. Our Spirit does not sin though our bodies born of man can. It is not unusual for the flesh to mimick the spirit to gain a strong hold so as not be ignored. This is the type of Christian Paul was dealing with in 1 Corinthians. It was not that the Corinthians were unsaved but they were allowing the flesh to dictate the rightness of there individual belief. It was a touche - feely kind of Christianity. A religion where emotion was used to dictate there behavior. Some of it quit extreme. We are not righteous because of what we do but because of who we have been made to be. We should never give others the impression that our flesh is now sinless and that the flesh never effects what we do. Let him who standeth take heed lest he fall. We can still do some pretty stupid things but it is not us who does it but sin that dwells in us. Our flesh is not our best friend.

elohiym

Our Spirit does not sin though our bodies born of man can.
I still haven't figured out, biblically speaking, how a dead body can sin. My impression from the scriptures is that our flesh is dead to the law.

It is not unusual for the flesh to mimick the spirit to gain a strong hold so as not be ignored. This is the type of Christian Paul was dealing with in 1 Corinthians. It was not that the Corinthians were unsaved but they were allowing the flesh to dictate the rightness of there individual belief.
Paul sates that the Corinthians he addressed were not spiritual, but carnal. So, they weren't saved yet. They were working out their salvation with fear and trembling; they hadn't finished working it out yet.

We are not righteous because of what we do but because of who we have been made to be.
While that may be true...

1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

...has to mean something.

We should never give others the impression that our flesh is now sinless and that the flesh never effects what we do.
That is why I emphasize that my flesh is dead because of sin, and that perfection is not of the flesh. Someone who is carnal will have the wrong impression no matter what you tell them.

Let him who standeth take heed lest he fall.
That is because it is Christ that stands, not us. He is standing and cannot fall. Therefore, if we are in Him, we cannot fall, cannot stumble...

1John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

We can still do some pretty stupid things but it is not us who does it but sin that dwells in us. Our flesh is not our best friend.
Amen!

elected4ever

I still haven't figured out, biblically speaking, how a dead body can sin. My impression from the scriptures is that our flesh is dead to the law.
When i say the body can sin I am not talking about being opposed to god. I mean that it just misses the mark. All sin is covered by the blood of Christ. No one who is unsaved is subject to sin. They are just dead to God and it is this death that must be exchanged for life. The only life recognized by God is His life that he gives and that is through Jesus His Son.

Paul sates that the Corinthians he addressed were not spiritual, but carnal. So, they weren't saved yet. They were working out their salvation with fear and trembling; they hadn't finished working it out yet.
You cannot work out what you do not have.Any one who does not know God has anything to work out. They are dead and dead people cannot work.

While that may be true...

1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

...has to mean something.
It is absolutely true and it does mean something. Only a righteous person can commit a righteous act. You honestly expect the unrighteous to do righteously. They don't even know God. What we do does not make something righteous but it is who we are that produces the righteous acts.

That is why I emphasize that my flesh is dead because of sin, and that perfection is not of the flesh. Someone who is carnal will have the wrong impression no matter what you tell them.
Yes I know but people judge themselves by what they do and not by who they are. That is because most view themselves as a flesh and blood person and not a spiritual person. That is what carnality is. Most do have a problem with there physical person and don't view themselves as victorious.

That is because it is Christ that stands, not us. He is standing and cannot fall. Therefore, if we are in Him, we cannot fall, cannot stumble...

1John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

Amen!
We stand and cannot fall because Christ is able to keep that which is committed to Him.

SOTK

TOL member elohiym thinks....

- Christians cannot sin
- Satan didn't fall
- babes in-Christ are not IN-Christ
- Jesus wasn't tempted
- Lucifer is NOT Satan
- Ezekiel 28:12-19 doesn't allude to Satan
- God created Satan evil
- Freewill is an illusion
- Real Christians live a perfect life
- A Christian must maintain sinless perfection or he/she is not a Christian.

Is he an idiot?

:duh:

I didn't vote. I've grown to not like polls like these. I haven't read this whole thread nor have I read everything which elohiym has written at TOL, but I hardly think he is an idiot. Knight, is it possible that you have taken things he has stated out of context?

elohiym

Taking things I say out of context is a hobby for some people on TOL. :chuckle:

The problem is that I think outside the box. That box represents the stability and control that those who refuse to die to self want to maintain at all cost. I loath that box.

P8ntrDan

I didn't vote. I've grown to not like polls like these. I haven't read this whole thread nor have I read everything which elohiym has written at TOL, but I hardly think he is an idiot. Knight, is it possible that you have taken things he has stated out of context?

Dude, you need to look up some of the stuff then, because there is no exaggeration there at all... (and I vote yes, again)